**Governor Patrick Files New Gun Control Legislation**

Boy am I glad that I'm moving to Florida in two weeks. I hope you all wise up and do what's right for yourselves, family, etc. This state is getting worse by the day. Move out before they put up the statewide electric fence and form lines for the gas showers.

Boy am I glad that I'm moving to Florida in two weeks. I hope you all wise up and do what's right for yourselves, family, etc. This state is getting worse by the day. Move out before they put up the statewide electric fence and form lines for the gas showers.

I'll fight for my rights and work like Hell to wake up others before I ever let some POS force me out.

Good luck in Florida.

Hmmmm....my wife is licensed in Florida.....she wanted to move there a while back,......I have no job up here to keep me in the area......Hmmmm...my furnace it running, and it's May F&*king 6th......Hmmmmmm

Hmmmm....my wife is licensed in Florida.....she wanted to move there a while back,......I have no job up here to keep me in the area......Hmmmm...my furnace it running, and it's May F&*king 6th......Hmmmmmm

It's actually May F&*king 7th...but point taken. [wink]

I'm past the point of being polite.

+1

We have played the polite and political role far too long at this point.

And it has got us what? More legislation AGAINST us.

My reps will hear my opinion on this and so will anyone else that I discuss this with and that will not be a 'filtered' version either.

I will also be sending a letter to the gov himself and will include the points brought by GOAL and my own personal feeling in it as well as his newest proposal to let violent drug dealing dirt bags out of prison early.

I'm done playing nice. And will be up for any march on beacon hill to protest this crap!

1.) Last time I checked Obama won FL - no where is safe, don't kid yourself.

2.) So this is it huh, no more FTF sales, no more NES classified, no more non-compliant handguns [sad]

Now we are really going feel the sting of the AG regs

A lot of people in the Northeast are pissed that Obama has decided to not pursue the AWB (yet). In there eyes, Obama has bowed tot he redneck in the south. There is a ton of public support for local gun control around here. Taking FTF away is so devastating......

Last edited:
So I am going to ask this again...

WHAT DO WE DO?

WHAT CAN I DO?

HOW CAN I HELP FIGHT THIS NONSENSE?

Sending letters (I sent mine out yesterday) and making phone calls doesn't seem to work most of the time. Posting angry messages on the Internet forums while therapeutic accomplishes nothing. We have got to stop talking and start doing.

I am sick of being raped time and time again. No, no, I am BEYOND being sick of it. I AM FURIOUS! [angry]

WHAT DO WE DO?

WHAT CAN I DO?

Sending letters (I sent mine out yesterday) and making phone calls doesn't seem to work most of the time. Posting angry messages on the Internet forums while therapeutic accomplishes nothing. We have got to stop talking and start doing.

I am sick of being raped time and time again. No, no, I am BEYOND being sick of it. I AM FURIOUS! [angry]

I think writing letters can help (I just got a nice email from my gun club with info on who to contact).

But, I think are big hope is give money to GOAL and maybe some of their lawyers can help fight some of this (i.e. the secret list).

I think many dealers will try to fight this as well as the 1 gun a month will obviously hurt their sales.

WHAT DO WE DO?

WHAT CAN I DO?

The problem is that the hearts and minds of the people haven't been won by our cause. Most people in MA are not gun owners and don't have an interest in the debate. To them anything to stop 'gun crime' is a good thing. Writing to our reps is good, but we need to win over these people. When letters representing 51% of voters show up, then and only then will we be guaranteed our rights.

Take someone to the range, get them interested. Show them why we are not dangerous lunatics, and how much fun firearms are. Show them why the laws are stupid and explain why they have a right to bear arms. It will all build up eventually.

Take someone to the range, get them interested. Show them why we are not dangerous lunatics, and how much fun firearms are. Show them why the laws are stupid and explain why they have a right to bear arms. It will all build up eventually.

Excellent point! Most new people that go to the range & shoot, end up having fun, & a lot end up with a new hobby.

The problem is that the hearts and minds of the people haven't been won by our cause. Most people in MA are not gun owners and don't have an interest in the debate. To them anything to stop 'gun crime' is a good thing. Writing to our reps is good, but we need to win over these people. When letters representing 51% of voters show up, then and only then will we be guaranteed our rights.

That's all fine but these are long term goals/solutions. The laws are being passed NOW so we need to do something NOW.

Last edited:
I emailed Rep. Peterson and Sen. Moore last night, with in an hour I received responses from both. Both are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment and are ready to work hard to stop this Governors proposal and H1516/S938. I wish we had more Sen. and Rep. like them.
Thanks cb1 for posting this yesterday.

Want to know the best part? The rumors that Duval was up for consideration for the SCOTUS seat. It'll end up going to a woman in order to add some gender balance, but that he's even mentioned in the discussion pisses me off to no end. And don't even get me started on that pompous piece of garbage Menino.

Also, I can't wait to see the mark-ups on FTF non-compliants if this bill starts to gain momentum.

Good point. This kills any chance he had of a scotus seat!

WHAT DO WE DO?

WHAT CAN I DO?

Simply DO NOT COMPLY WITH BULLSHIT LAWS!

Here if the Gov office # to call about the 1 gun a month bill

Here is the # to his office to let them know how you feel. 617-725-4005. I called on my lunch break. They want to limit you to one gun a month.

Here is the # to his office to let them know how you feel. 617-725-4005. I called on my lunch break. They want to limit you to one gun a month.

Thanks, henchmen!

I also suggest we contact every licensed dealer possible & send them a copy of the bill highlighting the one-gun-a-month provision & ask them to contact their reps & Devil's office on this.

I already bought 2 guns in the last 10 days and I'm working on my third & fourth right now. Can you imagine the dent this would put in their sales?

Just sent letters to Senator Jehlen and Representative Sciortino although I doubt it will have any effect considering their voting history.

Regards,

Paul

Thanks, henchmen!

I also suggest we contact every licensed dealer possible & send them a copy of the bill highlighting the one-gun-a-month provision & ask them to contact their reps & Devil's office on this.

I already bought 2 guns in the last 10 days and I'm working on my third & fourth right now. Can you imagine the dent this would put in their sales?

Carl at FS already sent out an email regarding this. I'm sure news like this has already spread with lighting speed through the sales community.

Just some helpful tips for those that wish to call or write their Senators and Reps:

1. Please realize that screaming and yelling, typing in all CAPS, and threatening to vote someone out of office, never work. Senators and Reps could care less what you have to say if you are going to be rude and demand things. Especially if they look up your voter registration and you have an R next to your name. Argue this point all you want but it is reality. Threats don't mean anything to these people and if you piss them off they're only going to be harder to persuade down the road.

2. Go to GOAL's website, click on the Legislation tab and look up your elected official on the "House Rankings" and "Senate Rankings" pages. If your legislator has a D or F rating then it is unlikely that you or anyone else is going to change their mind. If on the other hand, they have an A ranking or were endorsed by GOAL in the last election then you have to treat these people as a FRIEND. Say something like "I see that you have an A+ rating by GOAL and are a friend to gun owners and sportsmen.... I'd like to thank you for your past efforts and support. If you would like to keep this rating/GOAL's endorsement, as well as my support in the coming election cycle, I would urge you to oppose the governor's bill" etc etc. Screaming and yelling at the friendlies will get you no where.

3. If your rep or senator has a B or C rating, try e-mailing GOAL before you write or call and ask what you can do, if anything, to help persuade them to be more supportive of our rights. Maybe there is a particular aspect of gun control they are hung up on. We need to get more pols into the A and A+ columns. Add into your letter or phone call that you would love to come in for a sit down some time and meet your rep. (FYI, it's budget season so it's unlikely you would get a face to face meeting until the dust settles, probably after july). Meeting face to face means you are more than just a screaming lunatic on the other end of the phone.

4. Try to include facts about gun control. GOAL has provided us with many stats and percentages in terms of increased crime rates since 1998. Facts are king. Saying "but the second amendment says so!!!!" is, unfortunately, not enough of an argument. The 12-13 year time frame it takes for a gun to go from legal to illegal is great. We need more info like this.

5. Try to paint a picture. What do you do for a living? How do you contribute to your community? Do you have kids? Are you a single parent? Do you vote regularly? Did you vote for this rep/senator in the last election? Describe yourself in a way that shows you are much more than simply the stereotypical wannabe militia member/cowboy.

6. No matter what we do in the short term, people need to get more involved to turn things around in the long term. Defeating the Gov's bill would only be a stop gap measure. If you really want to change things then get involved. How many of you go to your city council or board of selectman's meetings? Do you even know who your local officials are? Go to your reps and senators campaign events and fundraisers. Dont want to be the only gun guy there? Post it on this forum and try to get two or three more people to go with you. Maybe you can pull your rep or senator aside and say "hey, we'd love to sit down with you some time and know what you're doing to represent US". Face it: you may have to donate to some campaigns.

Some of you may disagree with some of these ideas. That's fine. I'm just trying to offer some advice and give my answer to the "what should we be doing?" question.

Simply DO NOT COMPLY WITH BULLSHIT LAWS!

What is this dumb shit? Is this helpful? How do you not comply with 1 gun a month? Am I supposed to go in and demand Carl sells me two guns? Am I supposed to start selling my pistols FTF illegally?

Do I stand in the middle of the street and scream for someone to sell me a Kimber? Seriously, all this bullshit over "armed resistance" and "civil disobedience" is internet crap. It's boring and not helpful.

The NRA says it is sitting in the Judiciary committee. Here are the members (I've added their email addresses.
Judiciary Committee Members:

Senator Robert Creedon, Jr.
(D-2nd Plymouth and Bristol)
(617) 722-1200

Senator Steven Baddour
[email protected]
(D-1st Essex)
(617) 722-1604

Senator Robert Antonioni
(D-Worcester & Middlesex)
(617) 722-1230

Senator Cynthia Creem
[email protected]
(D-1st Middlesex and Norfolk)
(617) 722-1639

Senator Thomas McGee
[email protected]
(D-3rd Eddex & Middlesex)
(617) 722-1350

Senator Bruce Tarr
[email protected]
(R-1st Essex & Middlesex)
(617) 722-1600

Representative Eugene O'Flaherty
[email protected]
(2nd Suffolk)
(617) 722-2396

Representative Charles Murphy
[email protected]
(21st Middlesex)
(617) 722-2396

Representative Harold Naughton, Jr.
[email protected]
(12th Worcester)
(617) 722-2013

Representative James Murphy
[email protected]
(D-4th Norfolk)
(617) 722-2396

Representative Alice Peisch
[email protected]
(D-14th Norfolk)
(617) 722-2080

Representative Steven Walsh
[email protected]
(D-11th Essex)
(617) 722-2396

Representative Sean Curran
[email protected]
(D-9th Hampden)
(617)- 722-2263

Representative John Keenan
[email protected]
(D-7th Essex)
(617) 722-2575

Representative Martha Walz
[email protected]
(D-8th Suffolk)
(617) 722-2460

Representative Lewis Evangelidis
[email protected]
(R-1st Worcester)
(617) 722-2263

Representative Daniel Webster
[email protected]
(R-6th Plymouth)
(617) 722-2487

If you want to email them all:
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Last edited:
Suggestion: don't just bitch about this bill, point out that H2259, GOAL's Civil Rights and Public Safety Act, is a viable alternative that really will make a difference.

"I am writing to you in opposition to a bill that Gov. Patrick file on May 6,2009 referred to as “An Act to Reduce Firearm Violence”. The governor submitted a similar bill last year and it also included various measures that would nothing more than punish lawful gun owners. Once again the governor has submitted a similar bill that will do nothing to stem illegal sales of guns or reduce criminal behavior here in Massachusetts.

As you know, Massachusetts already has some of the most restrictive laws in the country when it comes to licensing, ownership, storage and transfers. It’ should be no surprise to anyone that criminals do not obey these or any other laws regardless of how many times they continue to re-write or overlap them.

I also ask for your support for House Bill 2259, "Act relative to Gun Rights and Public Safety". This bill recommends common-sense legislation that would positively reform our existing ill advised and non effective firearms laws here in Massachusetts."

Emails sent out. I need to become more active in this state's political mess... moving is not a viable option for me.

EDIT: I'm getting a boat load of Out Of Office, blah, blah, blah messages coming back/

Last edited:
Letter to send to your Sen or Rep for Patrick's Bill

The following is a letter I wrote to my state Senator and Representative urging them to oppose Patrick's latest gun control bill. Please edit this as necessary and/or feel free to use it as a template. You can determine your local rep at this website:
http://www.mass.gov/legis/city_town.htm

The Honorable Rep. or Sen. Doe,

As a resident of Sometown, I urge you to oppose Gov. Patrick's recently introduced and severely misguided gun control bill, “An Act to Reduce Firearm Violence”. Firstly, limiting lawful gun purchases to one per month will do absolutely nothing to reduce gun crime. Lawful purchases are already registered with the Commonwealth and must have licenses issued at the discretion of the Chief of Police of Sometown. I do not think that Commissioner Police Chief is giving licenses to gun traffickers! Moreover, since all purchases are already registered, the data are available to find/punish MA gun owners who are selling guns illegally. I can guarantee you that the number is zero, otherwise, they would be either prosecuted or the Patrick administration would release the figures. The 20% of guns recovered in crimes that are from Mass are all stolen, not straw purchased. Why does Gov. Patrick refuse to clarify this?

Secondly, the proposal to make commission of a misdemeanor "while in possession of a gun" a maximum 10-year felony is completely misguided. What is a citizen of the Commonwealth, who is licensed to carry, to do if he needs to defend himself? Do we want the law to force them to resort to deadly force first?? Of course not. Instead, this bill would send them to jail for 10 years simply for doing the right thing and getting in an old fashioned fist-fight, instead of drawing their weapon. This makes no sense.

Finally, I would expect Gov. Patrick to be a champion of civil rights, as is the tradition in Mass. politics. Instead, Gov. Patrick has heard what the Supreme Judicial Court has ruled and decided that he doesn't believe in due process or civil rights. He wants to hold innocent, accused citizens in jail for three months for passive and victimless crimes. The City of Sometown cannot stand for this. Beyond that, the reality is that Mass. gun laws are so complex and intricate, that anybody can be potentially ensnared on a technicality either through their own misjudgment or due to an error by the police or DA. It could be somebody's grandfather driving from CT to ME or just a lawfully licensed, elderly gun owner that forgot to renew their license in time. These people shouldn't be held without bail as "dangerous felons" when they are clearly not.

What the Commonwealth needs is gun control legislation that attacks the problem, not feel-good bills that simply harass licensees and infringe citizen's second amendment rights. How about enforcing the already strictest-in-the-nation laws that are on the books? Every decade, we are told that some radical, oppressive change in gun control is finally going to make things better....and every decade it just gets worse. The trend is obvious. Gov. Patrick needs to focus on real solutions, not his personal desire to appear to be "doing something".

Sincerely,
John Doe
Sometown, MA

Last edited:
The NRA says it is sitting in the Judiciary committee. Here are the members (I've added their email addresses.
Judiciary Committee Members:

Some of this info may be outdated. That list mentions Antonioni- he's not even a Senator in MA
anymore.... he was replaced by Jen Flanagan, who I don't think is on this committee.

ETA: This is the current "joint judiciary" listing, assuming the state's website isn't wrong...

http://www.mass.gov/legis/comm/j19.htm

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom