Got my wilderness belt

Well my belt came today and I must say I am impressed holds the gun up pretty well but it is a little uncomfortable to sit with at times. but Im sure it will break in and what a difference without having the gun making one side of pants come down But I still have trouble driving with a gun I just cant get past that guess ill have to lose a few pounds[laugh]

Well my belt came today and I must say I am impressed holds the gun up pretty well but it is a little uncomfortable to sit with at times. but Im sure it will break in and what a difference without having the gun making one side of pants come down But I still have trouble driving with a gun I just cant get past that guess ill have to lose a few pounds[laugh]

There is no substitute for a good belt. They do break in over time. As far as carrying while driving, try moving the gun and holster in tiny, fractional increments. While I had no issues with my full size guns, my itty bitty S&W 642 was a dilemma until I found just the right spot where the holster wouldn't pinch or poke me. I don't have a "dinky-do", but there is a small projection of "relaxed muscle" that overhangs my belt when seated.

I bought the Wilderness 5 stitch Frequent Flyer belt from GMS Tactical a couple months ago. Great service and price and great belt!

I would recommend a Cross Breed holster and the belt by the same company. It's ugly as hell, but allows you to very comfortably carry IWB. I have a Sgi P220 (big .45 gun) that I comfortably carry driving with no issues. The secret is the big ass piece of leather that shields your body from any poking or pinching.

99% of the regular dress belts never do for carry because they collapse. I've ordered from "The Belt Man" in Georgia and, gosh, his stuff is just plain beautiful and custom made for your gut. They will NOT collapse and are very stylish so they can be worn with dress slacks. Check 'em out:

http://www.thebeltman.net/

I've got one in black and brown. Even the expensive Coach belts can't hold a candle to these!

Rome

Even the best holster isn't so much 'the best' when riding on a crap belt.
I like the wilderness too, and was given a Liger that did it's job until a significant mishap turned it into scrap.
But, about four or five years ago workn' gear had a clearance sale and was dishing out carhart 1 1/2" leather for $8.95, bought five, still haven't killed either brown or black that I've been wearing since. The other ones are hanging up patiently waiting their turn. I keep forgetting I have them and still look for new belts [thinking]

Long live the right tools for the job!

Back
Top Bottom