Got bored today...

I could be wrong, but wouldn't that direct more force towards the shooter due to the slots being angled towards the target rather than the shooter?

I like the machining though, would love to have the tools/equipment (and talent) to do that.

It should push the muzzle down and forward (to some degree) as the gasses hit the sloped surfaces. My main objective (besides just wanting to tinker) was to have a muzzle devise that didn't reflect the concussion towards other shooters and looked fairly decent without being too large.

There is provision to mill in more vertical walls at the base of the main cone which would provide better brake characteristics.

This is all speculative and the final outcome may be that I simply made holes in an otherwise unmolested 4130 rod.

It should push the muzzle down and forward (to some degree) as the gasses hit the sloped surfaces. My main objective (besides just wanting to tinker) was to have a muzzle devise that didn't reflect the concussion towards other shooters and looked fairly decent without being too large.

There is provision to mill in more vertical walls at the base of the main cone which would provide better brake characteristics.

This is all speculative and the final outcome may be that I simply made holes in an otherwise unmolested 4130 rod.

Understood now, and like that you don't want it to reflect towards other shooters. I'm iterested in how well it serves your goal.

With all due respect... when I first saw the subject of this thread "Got Bored Today" I truly hoped it had been posted by Boris...

:)

Actually, nice looking work there.

Another Sunday, some more tinkering...

I figured having a way of tightening it on the barrel might be swell. I also cleaned up the bore and gave it a 'fast 'n dirty' park job. I think my park solution has just about had it and it might be time to get another gallon.

Another Sunday, some more tinkering...

I figured having a way of tightening it on the barrel might be swell. I also cleaned up the bore and gave it a 'fast 'n dirty' park job. I think my park solution has just about had it and it might be time to get another gallon.

NEG REP FOR NOT MAKING ME ONE.

Also, your fast and dirty park job reminds me how I like my women. Good job!

I couldn't sit still while watching the Pats so, with the game on in the shop, I messed around with making a brake for one of the M14s. This is it roughed out. I want to increase the diameter inside (and clean up the bore) but need a smaller boring bar to reach in there. Once done I'll parkerize it. It aligns perfectly with the bore... I checked...

I don't want it to direct the blast to the side so the slots are oriented at 40° from the bore on a 180° arc.

I'm curious as to how it performs.

I'll be right back, just going down stairs to play with my CNC machine!!!

I'm Jealous!!

Back
Top Bottom