• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally got to the range today

Twigg

NES Member
Made the trip out to the range in Keene today. (No pics - sorry)
I haven't been out shooting in awhile and I really needed some trigger time. I brought my 1911, the Hi-Power and got to try out my new Schofield today.

The 1911 govt. was rock solid and she shot true to point of aim and I ran the plate rack with one shot per plate three times before trying the dueling tree. Missed a few but nailed most.

I switched to the Tisas hi-power clone and started punching paper. Got a few hand size groups with a couple cloverleafs. I really like the way this gun handles. It points naturally but the trigger felt a bit "creepy". I got to get that one in the shop for some tweeking.

Time for the Schofield. This one felt heavy. (I didn't weigh it) This one has the 5.5" barrel in .45lc so yeah. It's a handful. The front sight is a simple blade and for my eyes a bit hard to pick up. Got to see if anything can be done about that. Or eat more carrots and hope my eyesight improves. What was surprising was the curved grip frame. It allowed the revolver to swivel upwards with the recoil. As I'm primarily a 1911 shooter, I'm used to a straighter grip. It wasn't unpleasant, just different. Takes a bit of getting used to. A couple boxes of ammo later I'd had enough and packed up. That's enough for one day. I had fun.

pistols... revolver... you`re not READY, man! where`re all the rifles?
:)

Made the trip out to the range in Keene today. (No pics - sorry)
I haven't been out shooting in awhile and I really needed some trigger time. I brought my 1911, the Hi-Power and got to try out my new Schofield today.

The 1911 govt. was rock solid and she shot true to point of aim and I ran the plate rack with one shot per plate three times before trying the dueling tree. Missed a few but nailed most.

I switched to the Tisas hi-power clone and started punching paper. Got a few hand size groups with a couple cloverleafs. I really like the way this gun handles. It points naturally but the trigger felt a bit "creepy". I got to get that one in the shop for some tweeking.

Time for the Schofield. This one felt heavy. (I didn't weigh it) This one has the 5.5" barrel in .45lc so yeah. It's a handful. The front sight is a simple blade and for my eyes a bit hard to pick up. Got to see if anything can be done about that. Or eat more carrots and hope my eyesight improves. What was surprising was the curved grip frame. It allowed the revolver to swivel upwards with the recoil. As I'm primarily a 1911 shooter, I'm used to a straighter grip. It wasn't unpleasant, just different. Takes a bit of getting used to. A couple boxes of ammo later I'd had enough and packed up. That's enough for one day. I had fun.
Mayo Clinic Press The best vitamins for your eyes

If you have to ask, you don't understand. Lets just say I'm not looking for MOA accuracy. Neither do i wish to randomly spray boolets. My club has a carbine pit surrounded by 8 ft berms

If you have to ask, you don't understand. Lets just say I'm not looking for MOA accuracy. Neither do i wish to randomly spray boolets. My club has a carbine pit surrounded by 8 ft berms
I can only work with the details you provide.

Back
Top Bottom