Got an early Christmas present (gun related)

These are the nicest ear muffs I've tried. They're way more comfortable than any I've tried that were marketed for shooting and the sound quality is very good. Yes, they might look a bit goofy but I'm used to that.

noise-canceling-suppression-headphones-ryobi-tek4.jpg

http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/tek4

Saw those and considered them... the wife needs ears.

I passed as they weren't profile and probably not ideal for rifle. Have you tried them yet?

I bought a pair of the ones with a radio in them. I can't hear a thing with the radio on. I stopped wearing them because when I am shooting indoors I can't hear if someone comes in the door. I once had a guy start walking down range while I was shooting a 45.
Now I don't like them completely quiet. 25dbs is very quiet by the way.

You are confusing NRR with dB. An NRR of 25 is mediocre. The highest I've seen is 33, a recent upgrade from 31.

And to achieve 33, usually one has to go for inside the ear expanding plugs.

When I shoot handguns I use muffs. When I shoot rifles or shotguns, particularly on the line at a rifle match, I wear expanding foam plugs and I seat them inside the ear canal where they are supposed to go for the NRR to be realized.

Most people who use expanding plugs have no clue how to use them and complain they don't work.

Back
Top Bottom