1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Got a death threat this week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FiremanBob, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

Get an app that live feeds your cell video. Dead men tell no tales if their phone is stolen while assuming room temp.

enbloc likes this.

2. boscru

boscru NES Member

coincidence---"my cousin vinny" just started 10 minutes ago on AMC i only watch to see the wardrobes. (marisa's)

wmass, KMM696 and garandman like this.
  3. weekendracer

weekendracer

There's 'criminals' and then there's "Criminals". The OP is the best person to determine the threat. He saw the antagonists and can let his observations dictate his response. Getting busted and doing a day for possession is way different than doing time for plead down attempted murder/assault.

OP, trust your gut. You notice more in your subconscious than you realize. If you are really 'scared', there may be a reason you didn't consciously notice. Don't take offense to the scared part, I just can't think of a better word that's more than 'concerned' but not as girly as 'frightened'.

Sad part is, OP will get in more trouble defending himself than they will attacking him.

Choctaw, Energizer, drgrant and 4 others like this.
  4. watchman

watchman

Sounds like you work at Dick's and a couple of NES'rs decided to troll you in person.

5. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Yes You Can!
    [​IMG]

M60 and amm5061 like this.
  6. M60

M60 NES Member

Damn. You know way to many killers!

Lip likes this.
  7. garandman

garandman Instructor NES Member

M60 likes this.
  8. white feather

white feather NES Member

Next time just say:
    [​IMG]

Coyote33 and xtry51 like this.
  9. MarlboroughMan

MarlboroughMan NES Member

OP, if it happens to be Cabela's in Hudson let me know... I'm two miles away next town over and would be happy to get over there at closing time for the next few weeks to walk to the car with you (I'll bring my GS dog who wouldn't be interested in any threat to me or anybody I'm walking with... he's familiar with that Cabela's and would be happy to take the car ride).

Evadd, Horrible, SSShooter and 2 others like this.
  10. Brin747

Brin747 NES Member

I honestly can't believe nobody has yet suggested NES Open Carry BBQ in the parking lot after work...

11. gamma19

gamma19

I've gotten a couple of death threats at work. One was from some Muslim dude who was pissed off that he couldn't get a refund, called me racial slurs and in the same breath said I was racist and had a problem with Muslims, then threatened to kill me.

Another time I had two white kids from the south shore come in just to start trouble with the employees. I showed them the door, and they threatened to "slit (my) chink-ass throat." I learned the next day that after I had left for the night, the two thugs came back looking for me. The employee that was closing up ended up calling the cops on them.

Stay safe.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    M60, Evadd and Horrible like this.
  12. Lip

Lip Army Veteran

Gotta love leavenworth.

M60 and enbloc like this.
  13. whacko

whacko

The way I read the op is that the "yoots" are known shoplifters and that's why he confronted them when they started handling the ammo. Also he confronted them the right way Imo.....didn't get accusatory......just asked if they needed help.

M60 and MarlboroughMan like this.
  14. Lank

Lank NES Member

A lot of good advice here....Also remember that the courts in MA are part of the grievance/social justice industry, so I wouldn't expect them to be phased by a no trespass order.

Lip likes this.
  15. amm5061

amm5061 NES Member

Pepper spray all of them, then bang their wives/girlfriends, upper decker, keys on roof.

ridleyman and Coyote33 like this.
  16. Coyote33

Coyote33

Light up a Newport and watch them scatter.

17. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

18. Horrible

Horrible NES Member

Carry 2

amm5061 likes this.
  19. amm5061

amm5061 NES Member

And spare mags for both. And a knife. And pepper spray. And a second knife.

20. FiremanBob

FiremanBob NES Member

I have to laugh at the posters who recommended I bulk up and engage in a fistfight with 3 or more teenage thugs. That's the stupidest idea I have heard from anywhere, on any topic, in the past year. The probably think real life is like the movies.

No unusual activity so far this week, but I am constantly in Condition Orange when at and near work. I have told my team that if anyone asks my name, to refuse. Offside hand is on the OC spray can in pants pocket as I leave the building, and I scan the parking lot thoroughly for stalkers before heading to my car. I don't want anyone to ID my vehicle.

I plan to talk with PD today. Since they apparently know these punks, perhaps they can tell me how realistic the threat is.

Evadd, M60, Mesatchornug and 5 others like this.
  21. AHM

AHM NES Member

Q:
    Are.
    Your.
    Superiors.
    Working.
    This?

22. Choctaw

Choctaw NES Life Member NES Member

Will they allow you to bring a service animal to work with you? Dogs are a good judge of character and have good situational awareness. It may give you a few extra seconds to react and someone to talk to on your commute.

[​IMG]

23. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

I was at BP a week or so ago. Laughed as I walked by the "check your guns" sign...

24. Springfield_trapdoor

Springfield_trapdoor

You think that's bad I have a violent convict upstairs apt. making threats every week(assault,drug,gun convictions). It was really funny actually last time I was checking the mail and he went off on a tirade about how he's going to get me because I dropped some junk mail on the ground. I didn't say a word just laughed had my left hand holding the door open to check mail my right hand on a P89 9 MM out of view. I slowly closed and locked the door as he was still yelling.He starts fights with Neighbors also cops here 4 times past 2 weeks, dudes on some BS workman's comp and I think he's selling his pain meds because I see Junkies coming in and out begging him for a discount? and yesterday I was out front with a co-worker and a skinny crackhead chick walks up to his place sets her drink on the stairs came out 20 minutes later. Dudes old enough to be my dad and he's been fighting with the neighbors even more so I just watch him but he's old so I assume he's just all talk but who knows?

25. MarlboroughMan

MarlboroughMan NES Member

Although I haven't suggested taking on these punks physically if I were you, I wouldn't dismiss the idea of self defense with your fists entirely out of hand... if you don't mind hearing me out:

I'm almost as old as you are (55) and I've been practicing boxing for a number of years (originally with contact/sparring and now just conditioning without significant contact). It's a great way to get into the best shape of your life and it won't take you long to learn how to throw punches/combinations very quickly and effectively just in case you'd ever have to use your hands if you're completely taken off guard. You will be very surprised how quickly you can get into terrific shape and get into a much better position to defend yourself with a few classes a week. There are even many non-contact boxing conditioning classes popping up all over the place (primarily Title gyms around here and the Bancroft Boxing gym in Framingham is outstanding) and even though they don't spar at Title they still are very effective for conditioning (and you can learn as much self defense as you commit to even at a gym like that). Add in some Krav Maga classes (which can also be found in many towns) and you'd be surprised how effective and confident you could become in a very short time. Krav Maga is geared to particular self defense situation so that you react instinctively and inflict serious damage on your attacker very quickly. Your age is irrelevent and you'd be surprised how effective one person can be against several people with some training.

In my opinion carrying responsibly does not just mean carrying a gun that you're prepared to use if necessary, it means being prepared to defend yourelf by any means necessary (preferably without resorting to deadly force if possible). 20 years ago (at the younger and presumably better physical age) of 35 I would have been expected to get my ass kicked if three punks had me cornered... now, at 55, who knows... depends in large part how well trained and committed and tough they are (probably not very if they're wasting their time acting like bullies instead of in the gym). But I like my chances a lot better now at 55 with some training and I certainly won't be cowering and taking punches. Anyway, something you may want to consider before completely dismissing the idea just becasue of your age.

vicorjh and Evadd like this.
  26. buckfarack

buckfarack NES Member

The check your guns sign is for people who are returning guns to the store for whatever reason, not because they prohibit carrying. They don't want people showing up at the gun counter and pulling out their guns.

Evadd, commodon and AHM like this.
  27. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

Interesting. That isn't made clear by the sign... It just says check your firearms...

28. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan

Krav Maga seems like serious shit. Lots of vids on WeCensorYouTube of Krav Maga folks with lesser belts f-cking up Kung Fu black belts and other superior belts in different martial arts. It's definitely a win at all costs, no rules, this is warfare mixed martial art.

MarlboroughMan and Cowgirlup like this.
  29. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

That info was supposed to be just between us.

JayMcB, JoseyWales, Cowgirlup and 5 others like this.
  30. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

Have we verified Cabelas vs BPS?