Got a death threat this week

Did you read the original post? Op said they are known criminals......

There's 'criminals' and then there's "Criminals". The OP is the best person to determine the threat. He saw the antagonists and can let his observations dictate his response. Getting busted and doing a day for possession is way different than doing time for plead down attempted murder/assault.

OP, trust your gut. You notice more in your subconscious than you realize. If you are really 'scared', there may be a reason you didn't consciously notice. Don't take offense to the scared part, I just can't think of a better word that's more than 'concerned' but not as girly as 'frightened'.

Sad part is, OP will get in more trouble defending himself than they will attacking him.

you think getting in a fight is 6 months in jail?

Sadly I can't eat enbloc's brownies on the keto diet.

Yes You Can!
marijuana-brownies.jpg

OP, if it happens to be Cabela's in Hudson let me know... I'm two miles away next town over and would be happy to get over there at closing time for the next few weeks to walk to the car with you (I'll bring my GS dog who wouldn't be interested in any threat to me or anybody I'm walking with... he's familiar with that Cabela's and would be happy to take the car ride).

I've gotten a couple of death threats at work. One was from some Muslim dude who was pissed off that he couldn't get a refund, called me racial slurs and in the same breath said I was racist and had a problem with Muslims, then threatened to kill me.

Another time I had two white kids from the south shore come in just to start trouble with the employees. I showed them the door, and they threatened to "slit (my) chink-ass throat." I learned the next day that after I had left for the night, the two thugs came back looking for me. The employee that was closing up ended up calling the cops on them.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
Sounds like you work at Dick's and a couple of NES'rs decided to troll you in person.
The way I read the op is that the "yoots" are known shoplifters and that's why he confronted them when they started handling the ammo. Also he confronted them the right way Imo.....didn't get accusatory......just asked if they needed help.

A lot of good advice here....Also remember that the courts in MA are part of the grievance/social justice industry, so I wouldn't expect them to be phased by a no trespass order.

Thanks guys. A fistfight is not for me, being over 60. You know how it goes, too old to fight, too slow to run... Also I don't believe in close-up altercations that guarantee I'll receive damage. If you are in a fair fight, you have a bad strategy. I much prefer long-range rifle tactics. But the geographic and other circumstances dictate that a concealed pistol is the only appropriate tool for the job if needed.
Carry 2

I have to laugh at the posters who recommended I bulk up and engage in a fistfight with 3 or more teenage thugs. That's the stupidest idea I have heard from anywhere, on any topic, in the past year. The probably think real life is like the movies.

No unusual activity so far this week, but I am constantly in Condition Orange when at and near work. I have told my team that if anyone asks my name, to refuse. Offside hand is on the OC spray can in pants pocket as I leave the building, and I scan the parking lot thoroughly for stalkers before heading to my car. I don't want anyone to ID my vehicle.

I plan to talk with PD today. Since they apparently know these punks, perhaps they can tell me how realistic the threat is.

... No unusual activity so far this week, but I am constantly in Condition Orange when at and near work. I have told my team that if anyone asks my name, to refuse. Offside hand is on the OC spray can in pants pocket as I leave the building, and I scan the parking lot thoroughly for stalkers before heading to my car. I don't want anyone to ID my vehicle.

I plan to talk with PD today. Since they apparently know these punks, perhaps they can tell me how realistic the threat is.

Q:
Are.
Your.
Superiors.
Working.
This?

You think that's bad I have a violent convict upstairs apt. making threats every week(assault,drug,gun convictions). It was really funny actually last time I was checking the mail and he went off on a tirade about how he's going to get me because I dropped some junk mail on the ground. I didn't say a word just laughed had my left hand holding the door open to check mail my right hand on a P89 9 MM out of view. I slowly closed and locked the door as he was still yelling.He starts fights with Neighbors also cops here 4 times past 2 weeks, dudes on some BS workman's comp and I think he's selling his pain meds because I see Junkies coming in and out begging him for a discount? and yesterday I was out front with a co-worker and a skinny crackhead chick walks up to his place sets her drink on the stairs came out 20 minutes later. Dudes old enough to be my dad and he's been fighting with the neighbors even more so I just watch him but he's old so I assume he's just all talk but who knows?

I have to laugh at the posters who recommended I bulk up and engage in a fistfight with 3 or more teenage thugs. That's the stupidest idea I have heard from anywhere, on any topic, in the past year. The probably think real life is like the movies..

Although I haven't suggested taking on these punks physically if I were you, I wouldn't dismiss the idea of self defense with your fists entirely out of hand... if you don't mind hearing me out:

I'm almost as old as you are (55) and I've been practicing boxing for a number of years (originally with contact/sparring and now just conditioning without significant contact). It's a great way to get into the best shape of your life and it won't take you long to learn how to throw punches/combinations very quickly and effectively just in case you'd ever have to use your hands if you're completely taken off guard. You will be very surprised how quickly you can get into terrific shape and get into a much better position to defend yourself with a few classes a week. There are even many non-contact boxing conditioning classes popping up all over the place (primarily Title gyms around here and the Bancroft Boxing gym in Framingham is outstanding) and even though they don't spar at Title they still are very effective for conditioning (and you can learn as much self defense as you commit to even at a gym like that). Add in some Krav Maga classes (which can also be found in many towns) and you'd be surprised how effective and confident you could become in a very short time. Krav Maga is geared to particular self defense situation so that you react instinctively and inflict serious damage on your attacker very quickly. Your age is irrelevent and you'd be surprised how effective one person can be against several people with some training.

In my opinion carrying responsibly does not just mean carrying a gun that you're prepared to use if necessary, it means being prepared to defend yourelf by any means necessary (preferably without resorting to deadly force if possible). 20 years ago (at the younger and presumably better physical age) of 35 I would have been expected to get my ass kicked if three punks had me cornered... now, at 55, who knows... depends in large part how well trained and committed and tough they are (probably not very if they're wasting their time acting like bullies instead of in the gym). But I like my chances a lot better now at 55 with some training and I certainly won't be cowering and taking punches. Anyway, something you may want to consider before completely dismissing the idea just becasue of your age.

I was at BP a week or so ago. Laughed as I walked by the "check your guns" sign...

The check your guns sign is for people who are returning guns to the store for whatever reason, not because they prohibit carrying. They don't want people showing up at the gun counter and pulling out their guns.

Although I haven't suggested taking on these punks physically if I were you, I wouldn't dismiss the idea of self defense with your fists entirely out of hand... if you don't mind hearing me out:

I'm almost as old as you are (55) and I've been practicing boxing for a number of years (originally with contact/sparring and now just conditioning without significant contact). It's a great way to get into the best shape of your life and it won't take you long to learn how to throw punches/combinations very quickly and effectively just in case you'd ever have to use your hands if you're completely taken off guard. You will be very surprised how quickly you can get into terrific shape and get into a much better position to defend yourself with a few classes a week. There are even many non-contact boxing conditioning classes popping up all over the place (primarily Title gyms around here and the Bancroft Boxing gym in Framingham is outstanding) and even though they don't spar at Title they still are very effective for conditioning (and you can learn as much self defense as you commit to even at a gym like that). Add in some Krav Maga classes (which can also be found in many towns) and you'd be surprised how effective and confident you could become in a very short time. Krav Maga is geared to particular self defense situation so that you react instinctively and inflict serious damage on your attacker very quickly. Your age is irrelevent and you'd be surprised how effective one person can be against several people with some training.

In my opinion carrying responsibly does not just mean carrying a gun that you're prepared to use if necessary, it means being prepared to defend yourelf by any means necessary (preferably without resorting to deadly force if possible). 20 years ago (at the younger and presumably better physical age) of 35 I would have been expected to get my ass kicked if three punks had me cornered... now, at 55, who knows... depends in large part how well trained and committed and tough they are (probably not very if they're wasting their time acting like bullies instead of in the gym). But I like my chances a lot better now at 55 with some training and I certainly won't be cowering and taking punches. Anyway, something you may want to consider before completely dismissing the idea just becasue of your age.

Krav Maga seems like serious shit. Lots of vids on WeCensorYouTube of Krav Maga folks with lesser belts f-cking up Kung Fu black belts and other superior belts in different martial arts. It's definitely a win at all costs, no rules, this is warfare mixed martial art.

Back
Top Bottom