• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Responds to Calls for Membership Cancellations

Dunno and don't care. Everyone I've ever dealt with at GOAL were staunch 2A people. What issues they support outside of that one is irrelevant.

This, all day. Here's a little understood fact, people: Just because you don't agree with a person about every little thing does not mean you can't work together on the issues that you do. To think otherwise is foolish, depending on what issues you prioritize.

GOAL needs to stay non-partisan so it can work with legislators from both parties on Beacon Hill. It's as simple as that.

And that right there, is common sense.

Last edited:
Playing devils advocate here...Say someone supports 2A yet votes straight line Democrat everytime.

In effect,that person doesn't do the ONE thing that is required to change policy,vote.

So,how is that person who votes Democrat yet supports 2A any benefit to the cause ?
Greg, a big benefit is that it begins moving the 2A away from being a political wedge. Once we get both parties to leave our rights alone and work towards restoration we'll be much better off.

When we limit support for the 2A to only one part if the political spectrum, we LIMIT the pool of potential supporters. I've mentioned this before, but more than half the class at a Handgun 101 I took with my wife at Sig identified themselves as Democrats. If they'll throw their numbers, money, and support behind RKBA issues, I count that as only good. We need a big tent here to win.

Rob Eno and Chris Pinto are both calling for heads on pikes.

They are "activists" out to "inform" They blog, write articles make videos etc.

You may remember these two guys, Gabriel Gomez, labeled them as "Racists"
http://www.golocalworcester.com/politics/new-gomez-posts-apology-to-pinto-and-eno-on-facebook/

They also promo the youtube video "The day the loyalty died"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_Gu__7hPA

It is what it is, they make their living beating the drum.
Personally I think they are hurting more than they are helping.

Last edited:
Greg, a big benefit is that it begins moving the 2A away from being a political wedge. Once we get both parties to leave our rights alone and work towards restoration we'll be much better off.

Absolutely, and I do understand why GOAL has to be non partisan.

My point is that if you take a Liberal shooting, they are still a Liberal voter.A liberal doesnt own guns in self defense against a tyrannical government,they go plinking for fun and maybe to a certain extent, self defense.

Just got my GOAL membership card yesterday.
RedMassGroup "i'm taking my ball and leaving"...kicking stones.

Absolutely, and I do understand why GOAL has to be non partisan.

My point is that if you take a Liberal shooting, they are still a Liberal voter.A liberal doesnt own guns in self defense against a tyrannical government,they go plinking for fun and maybe to a certain extent, self defense.

If you take a liberal shooting and that liberal wants to get an LTC, and that liberal starts to truly understand the gun laws in MA, that liberal stands a good chance of not being a liberal anymore.

When we limit support for the 2A to only one part if the political spectrum, we LIMIT the pool of potential supporters. I've mentioned this before, but more than half the class at a Handgun 101 I took with my wife at Sig identified themselves as Democrats. If they'll throw their numbers, money, and support behind RKBA issues, I count that as only good. We need a big tent here to win.

And given the political landscape in MA, if we limit 2A support to Republicans, we're forever screwed.

The fact that we were able to even give actual input on a bill unlike CT/NY says volumes about what a small organization can do in this one party state.

NRA can suck it with their stupid email taking credit for GOAL's work.

Exactly this, the NRA seems to be going about things in a shoot themselves in the foot matter, as opposed to the actual results that GOAL and Comm2A are getting.

The reality is I know maybe a dozen people, personally, who I can say I agree with politically. Dems, republicans, "independents" -- I can't tell a nickel's worth of difference between the lot of them. So, we deal with reality. And the reality in Mass is pretty grim. GOAL does well to just exist in this state, and from what I can tell they are doing well with this latest legislation. Anyone can play more-politically-pure-than-thou. It's easy and it accomplishes nothing.

I think Goal should be more political and have focus on supporting more conservative candidates who actually support 2A. I'll think twice about renewing next time as I felt they went of track on this bill. In Akron the fact one of their own works to oust republicans, the just tastes bad man

Sent from the blind

I think Goal should be more political and have focus on supporting more conservative candidates who actually support 2A. I'll think twice about renewing next time as I felt they went of track on this bill. In Akron the fact one of their own works to oust republicans, the just tastes bad man

Sent from the blind
Conservative doesn't always equal Pro 2A, Ever heard of Paul Celluci or Mitt Romney?

If you take a liberal shooting and that liberal wants to get an LTC, and that liberal starts to truly understand the gun laws in MA, that liberal stands a good chance of not being a liberal anymore.

And given the political landscape in MA, if we limit 2A support to Republicans, we're forever screwed.

This.

Wow...."Red Mass Group" has no clue how politics, people, or humanity work.

In other words, they are saying, "If you are not a conservative you cannot be pro gun and we don't want you".

Yeah, thats really the way to win hearts and minds in this state....jack***es.

Conservatives are just as retarded as liberals and neither of them know it.

MA Republicans support 2A? This is new. When did that happen? [laugh]

I think the honest truth here is that there are some people are upset at GOAL. I wonder after all this is said and done how many members were lost? Also, how many were gained?

If GOAL wants to maintain a certain level of membership, they might have to explain to people why they thought this was the right way to handle this legislation. I know, I know, people are going to hoot and holler at me because I am speaking out about GOAL, but I am telling you outside of this forum some people are not happy. Right or wrong, like it or not, there are people.

If GOAL wants to maintain a certain level of membership, they might have to explain to people why they thought this was the right way to handle this legislation.

Has this not been done? Maybe not to your level of satisfaction, but I'm pretty sure they have responded on this forum, via Facebook, their own website, and via email, exactly why. Are you not seeing it? Or not accepting it?

I think the honest truth here is that there are some people are upset at GOAL. I wonder after all this is said and done how many members were lost? Also, how many were gained?

If GOAL wants to maintain a certain level of membership, they might have to explain to people why they thought this was the right way to handle this legislation. I know, I know, people are going to hoot and holler at me because I am speaking out about GOAL, but I am telling you outside of this forum some people are not happy. Right or wrong, like it or not, there are people.

I think they did that in their weekly email - http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs136/1101878640504/archive/1118096496424.html

Back
Top Bottom