• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Responds to Calls for Membership Cancellations

I'm not cancelling my membership no matter what.

vkxRYxh.gif

Wow...."Red Mass Group" has no clue how politics, people, or humanity work.

In other words, they are saying, "If you are not a conservative you cannot be pro gun and we don't want you".

Yeah, thats really the way to win hearts and minds in this state....jack***es.

He's freaking clueless.

Here's the rest of the emails. Oldest at the bottom.

HI Rob,

Here’s a quote from your post:

"you read that right. The person who helps a conservative organization, the Gun Owners Action League,"

Bold added by me.

Like I said, we are only interested in protecting and defending 2A rights. It has nothing to do with political philosophy or party.

Best,

Mike Sweeney
Communications Manager
Gun Owners’ Action League
361 W. Main St.
Northboro, MA. 01532
http://www.goal.org
http://www.goal.org/joingoal.html

Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM

To: Mike Sweeney <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: GOAL

I never said you were a partisan organization I said the person you use for communications is, and supports candidates that don't support your organizatoin. Conservatism is not a political party, it is an ideology.

Your parent organization the NRA considers itself a conservative organization.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Mike Sweeney <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Rob,

You’re not understanding what I’m saying.

We are a Second Amendment organization, not a Republican/Democrat organization.

Trying to portray us as anything else is disingenuous. We just had the MA State Senate vote 28-10 in favor of a bill that we supported, the crucial amendment was one which will block giving the MA CLEO’s more discretionary control over our 2A RKBA. The amendment was filed and fully supported by Sen. Mike Moore, a Democrat. Like I said, we don’t play politics, we only work to protect the 2A.

Don’t make it a political issue, it’s not.

Best,

Mike Sweeney
Communications Manager
Gun Owners’ Action League
361 W. Main St.
Northboro, MA. 01532
http://www.goal.org
http://www.goal.org/joingoal.html

Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM
To: Mike Sweeney <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: GOAL

when she works to elect people who vote against you, I can't appreciate that.

And I think a lot of your members would be surprised to learn that you don't consider yourself a part of the conservative movement. A lot of them.

Mike Sweeney, the Communications Manager for GOAL, responded to calls for members to cancel their membership made today on Red Mass Group. Here is Mike's email.

Scroll down for the original article.

I don't know about you, but I think Mike Moore and Stephen Brewer are both D's, and doing a good job for RKBA. I'm sure there are others.

GOAL doesn't need this right now.

Thanks man. What's really frustrating about this is that we need to depoliticize the 2A in terms of it being a "campaign issue" for either side. Once we have people on both sides of the aisle thinking that they don't want to screw with our rights, we'll be in business.

Pushing it as a "conservative agenda" is a lose lose for those of us that don't care about politicizing the issue and only want to see our rights restored.

The fact that we were able to even give actual input on a bill unlike CT/NY says volumes about what a small organization can do in this one party state.

NRA can suck it with their stupid email taking credit for GOAL's work.

Thanks man. What's really frustrating about this is that we need to depoliticize the 2A in terms of it being a "campaign issue" for either side. Once we have people on both sides of the aisle thinking that they don't want to screw with our rights, we'll be in business.

Pushing it as a "conservative agenda" is a lose lose for those of us that don't care about politicizing the issue and only want to see our rights restored.
Unfortunately, society has allowed people elected to office and those in their inner circle to pit neighbor against neighbor instead of us at remaining odds with them (those people who would expand the power of government for their own political or financial gain).

We are the final check and balance. Executive against the Judicial and Legislative branches, Legislative against the Judicial and Executive branches, Judicial against the Legislative and Executive branches, State against Federal, Federal against state and finally... Voter against Government.

We are never going to get everyone to agree, on anything really, the key is having agreement to disagree.

At present, disagreeing with "The Party" in MA is illegal, like everything else. If you aren't willing to work with people with whom you disagree to fix that, then you are going to lose and should move.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that we were able to even give actual input on a bill unlike CT/NY says volumes about what a small organization can do in this one party state.

NRA can suck it with their stupid email taking credit for GOAL's work.
^^^ x 1776

[thumbsup]

I think alot of people would be surprised at how many 2A supporters are actually pissed at the republican party for their stance against personal freedom! I'm conservative fiscally but the social conservatism makes me angry! Why do so many people assume a 2a supporter is automatically a full on republican

I think alot of people would be surprised at how many 2A supporters are actually pissed at the republican party for their stance against personal freedom! I'm conservative fiscally but the social conservatism makes me angry! Why do so many people assume a 2a supporter is automatically a full on republican
Romney, Bush I, Bush II, Christie, McCain, Reagan...

Indeed... Republican does not mean pro-gun and it has cost us dearly to cling to that broken assumption.

Civil Rights are not a partisan issue.

I'm sticking with GOAL and agree that the NRA sucks for Mass.

Club bylaws require NRA membership but I would rather double down on GOAL if given the option.

GOAL is doing good work in Mass and deserves our support. Without GOAL for lobbying and Comm2a for litigation we don't have any real organized pro 2a support.

what a ****ing retard.....what is this bologna about GOAL being a conservative organization.
by definition, the aim is pro-2A....if i were looking for a conservative organization i could find all sorts of retarded clubs, that ain't why i joined GOAL and i'm guessing that applies for most of us.

i agree this dipshit is just trying to fling some shit at the fan and see where it flies.

Back
Top Bottom