• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Responds to Calls for Membership Cancellations

What's really frustrating about this is that we need to depoliticize the 2A in terms of it being a "campaign issue" for either side. Once we have people on both sides of the aisle thinking that they don't want to screw with our rights, we'll be in business.

Pushing it as a "conservative agenda" is a lose lose for those of us that don't care about politicizing the issue and only want to see our rights restored.

This. A thousand times, this. Our state is nearly completely run by Democrats. We need more of them on our side. People may not like it, or may not understand it, but that is the reality. It's a simple numbers game, and it's going to get worse for us before it gets better.

I, and you, and everyone, have a God-given natural right to self-defense. The Second Amendment simply protects that right. I know plenty of Democrats who understand this, and I know many Republicans who don't. And I find Authoritarians everywhere in this state.

I'm sure RedStateGroupers think they are oh so conservative, but as it's compared to Deval Patrick and the rest of them, and knowing as many Massachusetts Republicans as I do, I'm really not impressed yet.

Anyway, I'm sticking with GOAL. They've been doing great work.

I think alot of people would be surprised at how many 2A supporters are actually pissed at the republican party for their stance against personal freedom! I'm conservative fiscally but the social conservatism makes me angry! Why do so many people assume a 2a supporter is automatically a full on republican
Sums it up for me. Maybe when the party frees itself from bring captured by fundamentalist Christians I'll reconsider.

The correct answer for the Republican Party concerning abortion is "that's none of my business."

I saw this earlier today and just shook my head.... what an idiot

First, I think many members of GOAL would be shocked to learn that the organization is not conservative. Conservatism doesn't denote party, it is a philosophy

Second, in my response to Mr. Sweeney, I reiterated that the fight for Second Amendment rights takes place in the confines of a 160 member house, and 40 member senate. Not the pages of the Boston Globe or any other newspaper. The priority for that organization, or any organization looking to affect public policy should be electing more representatives and senators that agree with their position. Not using contractors who help legislators who are against their position to win.

Gee, how would one go about getting favorable reps/senators elected? Why, getting people to vote for them is my WAG, and to do that may require outreach and changing public opinion. Unless this person (Dee Dee) is sabotaging GOAL's efforts, then whatever else she does outside of helping GOAL is completely irrelevant. She would be doing that regardless.

What as Rob here done in the "fight for the Second Amendment rights"?

Let them have their false god of partisan politics over individual rights. Hopefully their tunnel vision will make more people aware that one of the big problems in modern government is the whole "them or us" mentality when it comes to issues like this. We'd all be better off with a national equivalent of GOAL. I'll respect a blue dog dem who is willing to cross the aisle to stand for the constitution far more than I do a cookie cutter republican who does nothing but nod and follow the party line like a good little lapdog.

Remember what has just happened. I believe NES and GOAL organized against the Gun Bill better than any time before. We will only get stronger for future fights. The bill that we get screwed with is worlds apart from what they wanted to screw us with. I for one thank NES and GOAL for getting us off our lazy asses! Now we need to keep it going and through some of these pols out in November, Naughton would be a huge win. JMHO

We will only get stronger for future fights.
Probably not with overall gun ownership continuing to be far less than it was in 1998.
The bill that we get screwed with is worlds apart from what they wanted to screw us with.
You know you're beaten when you celebrate being screwed less considering MA already has some of the most restrictive laws in the country. Newsflash: gun restrictionism is never going to end in MA (or anywhere else). Future crime stats will be used to pass another huge package of gun laws next year or a few years from now.
I for one thank NES and GOAL for getting us off our lazy asses! Now we need to keep it going and through some of these pols out in November, Naughton would be a huge win. JMHO
Every one of you could quit your jobs, go work for GOAL, and still accomplish little more than getting screwed slightly less on a per-bill basis. You are simply outnumbered. On the whole, at the state level your electorate votes overwhelmingly for pols who oppose private gun ownership. Neither GOAL not the collective efforts of all its supporters can change that.

Regarding the partisan discussion, although there are plenty of Democrats who own guns, they're going to vote overwhelmingly for gun restrictionists. Gun restrictionism is in the Democratic Party platform.

I have never heard of red mass before, and now they have a whole bunch more hits than they did before.

I guess their strategy is working.

Ding. If you don't like them, stay off the site. He's trolling for hits with this kind of thing. The more hits his blog gets the more it turns up in search engines the more traffic he gets the more he's likely to get either influence or advertising revenue.

Silly me while we are all bashing all things conservative, what party in this state is secretly working to weaken our 2a rights. What party nationally is?

Really? All I see is a bunch of like-minded people bashing a specific "conservative" group... one that has, as far as I'm aware, done zilch for 2A rights in this state. Yet this group has the balls to harass GOAL, of all organizations, for not following a party line?! **** them. Twice. With an iron stick. Suddenly we're all expected to bow down to one party simply because we disagree with the other? Forget that noise. I have little use for either of them. I prefer to think for myself.

Remember what has just happened. I believe NES and GOAL organized against the Gun Bill better than any time before. We will only get stronger for future fights. The bill that we get screwed with is worlds apart from what they wanted to screw us with. I for one thank NES and GOAL for getting us off our lazy asses! Now we need to keep it going and through some of these pols out in November, Naughton would be a huge win. JMHO

Exactly. These other bozos can EAD until they do something, anything for our cause. If their only contribution is causing the creation of a thread on here because they whined about GOAL's hiring practices, they're worthless.

Last edited:
Anyone amused that red, the traditional color of the left has come to be associated with the right?

Think hard about this one, guys.

Uh.....fellas, brothers and sisters to the North.

I'd ask you to simply stand up an look just to your South at us, your neighbor, CT. Like CT, MA has a huge disparity of liberal/Democrats voters compared to conservative/Republicans. Here in CT it's documented to be over 700,000 Dems to 300,000 Reps: a 2 to 1 in favor of the liberals. Surely many of these dems/liberals are gun owners. But, what do we have? Some of the if not the worst restrictions in the country and such a convoluted regulatory mess that none of us knows what's legal and what's not most of the time. The liberals/dems overwhelmingly put this in place over the massive 2A rallies and work by the CCDL as well as CCS and, yes, even the NRA; all three really strong 2a groups. However, even if 100% of all of the conservative reps and senators voted against the anti-firearm legislation, nothing could have stopped the liberals from enacting their agenda to rid CT of firearms. It's one of their core issues here and it's the same I MA, and it's not close to being over. So, for your core 2A organization to have a MAJOR representative of the 2A group working FOR liberals in your state is putting the wolf in amongst the sheep. There is no way I would support ANY 2a grouphere in CT if I knew their management was in league with the liberals/democrats regardless of how they felt about gun ownership. Firearm ownership here is probably easily 50/50 between dems and republicans but the liberal gun owners just bent over and allowed themselves to be legislated into obscurity forever. As the poster above says, nothing will ever change but at least you'd like to slow down the march to the inevitable. How this "Dee Dee" can be advocating the 2A mantra and the constitutional rights of firearms ownership and also be an active member of the Democratic party who wants it removed is beyond me. Talk about an oxymoron. Regardless how you cut it, firearms ownership and the 2A constitutional right to firearm ownership have become synonymous with conservative platform issues. You'll never see a leading democrat leading the charge for or talking about removing or reducing regulations or supporting the 2A but you see them day and day out trying to submarine our rights. Why would you want someone from that party representing your interests knowing that their core belief is the exact opposite? [sad]

Rome

So I am a big supporter of GOAL and appreciate what they (we) do in the commonwealth. The work isn't limited to legislative work on Beacon Hill, either. GOAL is a fantastic resource training and information. I help out at GOAL events when I can. In my opinion GOAL really got it's act together during the most recent legislative process.

Like most organizations GOAL isn't perfect, or perhaps doesn't make everyone happy all of the time. Boo hoo.

Yes, we could all go work for GOAL full time and we'd still get effed by the bastards on Beacon Hill. Get real, people. This is Massachusetts. Until there is a true shift in demographics in this hole we're going to continue to get effed. That isn't something that can be fixed by GOAL or any other organization.

Cabinetman, please tell me who in GOALs management is a liberal? The blog post refers to a hired media consultant who does the job she's paid to do very well. She's not a GOAL employee. What she does in her own free time is her business as long as she does what she's paid to do for GOAL and does it well.

Cabinetman, please tell me who in GOALs management is a liberal? The blog post refers to a hired media consultant who does the job she's paid to do very well. She's not a GOAL employee. What she does in her own free time is her business as long as she does what she's paid to do for GOAL and does it well.

this. I dont think the 4 or so volunteers GOAL has are checking off the D on the ballot anytime soon

this. I dont think the 4 or so volunteers GOAL has are checking off the D on the ballot anytime soon
Dunno and don't care. Everyone I've ever dealt with at GOAL were staunch 2A people. What issues they support outside of that one is irrelevant.

Dunno and don't care. Everyone I've ever dealt with at GOAL were staunch 2A people. What issues they support outside of that one is irrelevant.

Playing devils advocate here...Say someone supports 2A yet votes straight line Democrat everytime.

In effect,that person doesn't do the ONE thing that is required to change policy,vote.

So,how is that person who votes Democrat yet supports 2A any benefit to the cause ?

very true and I agree personally

- - - Updated - - -

Playing devils advocate here...Say someone supports 2A yet votes straight line Democrat everytime.

In effect,that person doesn't do the ONE thing that is required to change policy,vote.

So,how is that person who votes Democrat yet supports 2A any benefit to the cause ?

my democrat senator has voted with GOAL on every occasion, so you can support a democrat like that and not be costing any votes on bills like we are currently up against

Back
Top Bottom