GOAL Responds to Calls for Membership Cancellations

Meh, how much info can you put on a business card? If a dealer is going to give something away with purchases, I think a brochure would be most effective. It should be designed to make the case to people that have never even heard of GOAL.

Business cards would be good for me, because I can keep them in my wallet to hand out to people if I'm not near my truck where I try to keep some brochures.

I don't find this any crazier than all of the Jewish groups and synagogues that are pro control

- - - Updated - - -

No, and the NRA does their own mailings, usually with info that's a day behind GOAL's. The NRA is far more interested in helping themselves than helping GOAL.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, there are almost always extra copies in the lobby of the gun lobby lol. If you want, call ahead to make sure.

Thanks
Mike, have you guys reached out to them asking for the information recently? You're the NRA affiliate for MA and it is in their interest to help you reach out to their members who may not be aware there is a local affiliate. If you guys asked before Sandy Hook, their tune may have changed since then.

Maybe Jim knows people within the organization that can get some traction. Since he is able to negotiate with the enemies of freedom on Bacon Hill, it should be simpler to negotiate with the NRA.

Mike, have you guys reached out to them asking for the information recently? You're the NRA affiliate for MA and it is in their interest to help you reach out to their members who may not be aware there is a local affiliate. If you guys asked before Sandy Hook, their tune may have changed since then.

Maybe Jim knows people within the organization that can get some traction. Since he is able to negotiate with the enemies of freedom on Bacon Hill, it should be simpler to negotiate with the NRA.

For many reasons (draw your own conclusions) the NRA doesn't share member info.

Does GOAL have a simple, one page trifold brochure? When I went to Precision Point Firearms a while ago to get a trigger job for my M&P9, John asked me if I was familiar with Comm2A. I said not really, and he handed me their brochure. That got me interested and wanting to learn more, and now I'm set for automatic monthly donation.
http://www.comm2a.org/images/Resources/Trifold_2012.pdf

The gun stores I've been to here are typically jam packed. A stack of brochures takes up a lot less space than a bunch of papers, and I think would be much easier to ask dealers to give away with every firearm purchase.

Goal has a single, double sided info card which doubles as the E member application. I've dropped off dozens at LGS'

I think if you were to target the more active gun shops, and gain their buy-in to actively collaborate (be it via entry discounts, a free ad in the newsletter, etc) and get them to agree to proactively promote GOAL/Comm2A/GONH membership with their patrons, you might see the needle move a bit. Could you imagine what would happen if Carl at FS advertised, "%5 off any single purchase with a new GOAL membership?" Now get 4-6 of the high volume shops in the state to do that. Maybe it's not 5%, maybe it is a promo gift or something along those lines, of a gift cert for the next purchase when they come back. Or a rebate when they return with their GOAL membership card. We're a bunch of cheap bastids, money gets our attention quickly.

Once you get the mailing list, it is up to GOAL to win hearts and minds moving forward.

See post #140:
Short of that, how about just giving them something to mail out to their members, on GOAL's behalf?

I think if you were to target the more active gun shops, and gain their buy-in to actively collaborate (be it via entry discounts, a free ad in the newsletter, etc) and get them to agree to proactively promote GOAL/Comm2A/GONH membership with their patrons, you might see the needle move a bit. Could you imagine what would happen if Carl at FS advertised, "%5 off any single purchase with a new GOAL membership?" Now get 4-6 of the high volume shops in the state to do that. Maybe it's not 5%, maybe it is a promo gift or something along those lines, of a gift cert for the next purchase when they come back. Or a rebate when they return with their GOAL membership card. We're a bunch of cheap bastids, money gets our attention quickly.

Once you get the mailing list, it is up to GOAL to win hearts and minds moving forward.

Don't focus on "getting a mailing list". Just give them the items you want mailed, some money for postage (or ask them to spring for that), and let them send it out to their list without you seeing the list.

That said, working with gun shops could be a two way street. Maybe offer them a discount on advertising in the GOAL paper for handing out GOAL info in the stores.

Eddie Coyle (Jim), did you see my answer to you in post #103?

Last edited:
Don't focus on "getting a mailing list". Just give them the items you want mailed, some money for postage (or ask them to spring for that), and let them send it out to their list without you seeing the list.

I can't believe nobody at GOAL has ever thought to ask the NRA that.

My reference to "mailing list" has nothing to do with the NRA- The goal is to get new members to sign up to GOAL. Use some cooperative gun shops to help- even if you have to discount/rebate to get them to sign. That creates a mailing list of new members. It's a numbers game from that point forward. Rinse and repeat.

Given their track record in New England, i would hesitate to ask the NRA for anything at this point.

They seem to have no problem pimping out my name and address to all sorts of bs mailing lists, nra endorsed crap, omg Obama omg, insurance, training videos, etc. At least one I told them to put me on the "do not promote" list most of the junk mail stopped.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom