GOAL Rally on the Common Wed - April 3rd - Save the date!

Will you be in attenance?

• Total voters
Couple of my shots from the rally today.

"hundreds of people" yah right...
604132_561675183853040_1094390760_n.jpg

Does that guy in the white coat look like he's 8' tall?
yep, that's me. A midget on stilts....

Got in late, no parking anywhere. Made it only for the march and stayed for a bit. Felt bad for missing any of it.

Made a good birthday though. Glad I went. I'll be at any in the future as well

Also I love how the two democrats running for senate unite against us and refer to us as NRA activists instead of "pissed off constituents" they sound a little nervous

I met with staffers from Rep. David Rogers and Sen. Ken Donnelly's office. Rogers co-sponsored the Linksey bill, but his staffer said neither Linskey's bill nor the governor's are going anywhere in their current form. He also said the reason Rogers co-sponsored was because he received a lot of calls from constituents asking him to do so. I got the feeling that that weighed more heavily that the content of the bill. All the more important that we keep hammering our reps, and get everyone you know who is on our side to do the same.

I want to thank GOAL for organizing this wonderful event. I couldn't have stood together with a better group of people. Jim Wallace, thank you and your staff for the great job you do representing the gun owners of Massachusetts. I am proud to be a GOAL member. Also, a big thank you for Northeast Shooters for their big presence at the rally and for getting the word out.

Please encourage every gun owner you know to join GOAL. The cost of membership is well worth what your get in return. I am so tired of gun owners who have not gotten behind this effort because they think that their particular weapon won't be included in any bans. We all need to get behind GOAL on this one, or live to regret it.

The Boston Globe of course has to attack the rally every way that they can. For example their third paragraph said "Speakers described gun-control lawmakers as “wolves” who prey on law-abiding “lambs” who own firearms. "

The moron reporter was carefully missing the point of that metaphor, which is that unarmed citizens are the lambs, and the armed government is the wolf. They also of course missed the point that it was a quote from a well known right wing NRA supporting wingnut named Benjamin Franklin.

The Boston Globe of course has to attack the rally every way that they can. For example their third paragraph said "Speakers described gun-control lawmakers as “wolves” who prey on law-abiding “lambs” who own firearms. "

The moron reporter was carefully missing the point of that metaphor, which is that unarmed citizens are the lambs, and the armed government is the wolf. They also of course missed the point that it was a quote from a well known right wing NRA supporting wingnut named Benjamin Franklin.

It was a hit piece, but did you really expect more?

Thank you GOAL for organizing this rally.

I seem to remember back in January people b!#@ing about the rally being on a Saturday when no legislators were around. Now people are B!#@ing because it was a midweek rally and they can't get out of work. While I understand there are some people who cannot get the day off or truly cannot afford to take the day off - just QUIT yer B!#@ing. And if you are complaining that not enough people showed up, let me ask you this - 'how many people did you tell about this personally?how many people did you carpool down with to make sure they got there?' Now shut up!

That sheep contesting the vote quote is commonly mis-attributed. Franklin never said it. It's an apt metaphor nonetheless.

I think this was a well organized event. Unlike January, you could hear the speakers clearly. The speeches were inspirational and motivating. Also, the crowd was substantially larger. The march to the statehouse was impressive. At one point it stretched from the statehouse steps to the bandstand. Thanks to the organizers and all who attended.

Thank you GOAL for organizing this rally.

I seem to remember back in January people b!#@ing about the rally being on a Saturday when no legislators were around. Now people are B!#@ing because it was a midweek rally and they can't get out of work. While I understand there are some people who cannot get the day off or truly cannot afford to take the day off - just QUIT yer B!#@ing. And if you are complaining that not enough people showed up, let me ask you this - 'how many people did you tell about this personally?how many people did you carpool down with to make sure they got there?' Now shut up!

I attended both rallies along with the same carload of supporters that came with me each time. We'll be in Lexington as well. No excuses. No bull. We are focused on what needs to be done at all costs. No complaining about to few people at the rally. Just this wake up call: Success will only come without procrastination. In the end, only effort will bring results.

I got alittle blurb in the news...

Gun rights activists make stand on Boston Common Metro.us

Despite the strong voices here in Massachusetts speaking about the need for better gun control, those
who attended the rally felt like they could still make an impact.

“We have no choice but to try,” said xxxxxxxxxxx, a 61-year-old from Lexington who showed up
to the rally with two flags: an American flag and one with an assault rifle that said “Come and take it.”

“The message is we’re tired of this [expletive],” xxxxxxx said. “We’re tried of having our rights infringed upon.”

I think it's great that we showed up. A warm weekend day would have a higher turnout. But we cannot wait until everything is balmy. I think contacting state legislators personally is what we can do that may have the most impact. Please just call your rep's office, ask to speak or get a meeting. If you cannot do that, write a letter.

I live in Newton, where we have the inventors of the Nanny state in public office. Still I have to try.

Nice turnout for a weekday; saw LOTS of familiar faces.

How many of you got in to see your Rep or Senator (or at least their aides)? I stopped in and chatted with Rep Rogers' and Senator Brownsberger's aides. Made my talking points and I will be following up with an offer for both of them to attend my next Basic Pistol class. I really want the two of them to sit through my presentation on MA gun laws. If THAT doesn't get through to them... well, I'm not sure what would. But I have to try...

Anyone else notice the media chopper hovering above the rally?
Yup. I remember thinking that it was in range of a good rifle... [devil]

The GOAL stats are very disappointing. No gun owners I personally know are members.[frown]
How many membership forms would you like me to send you? Time to start working on your friends!! (this offer is NOT a joke, BTW - if you want some forms to hand out to the gun owners you know I will make sure you get them).

BTW... GOAL has some 15,000+ members so far, up from last year. Last numbers I saw had MA gun owners at about 250,000.

My wife snapped a few shots with her phone while we were there.

Oh, my... that's an unfortunate shot. The cops were there but they were working, directing traffic away from all the gun nuts picketing the State House.

That sheep contesting the vote quote is commonly mis-attributed. Franklin never said it. It's an apt metaphor nonetheless.

Oops... that's one I missed; I thought it was Franklin, too. Do you know who really did say it, or was it our old friend, A. Nony Mouse?

Oops... that's one I missed; I thought it was Franklin, too. Do you know who really did say it, or was it our old friend, A. Nony Mouse?

I don't know, probably some dude on the Internet.

Glad I went as well. Two rallies down. I'll be attending the one in Lexington and am trying to get some time off to head down to Washington DC. Good to see some NES friends out there. Hope to see you in Lexington as well!

Glad I went as well. Two rallies down. I'll be attending the one in Lexington and am trying to get some time off to head down to Washington DC. Good to see some NES friends out there. Hope to see you in Lexington as well!

I might just try and make Lexington and W. Springfield . Both are the 19th and different hours. I urge everyone to do the same if possible.

Back
Top Bottom