GOAL Rally on the Common Wed - April 3rd - Save the date!

Will you be in attenance?

• Total voters
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21866959/2013/04/03/mass-gun-owners-rally-on-boston-common
Democrats Markey and Lynch alluded to Wednesday's gun*owners*rally in their joint statement and criticized the three Republicans who are seeking the U.S. Senate seat formerly held by Secretary of State John Kerry.

"While we may be competitors in the Democratic primary, we can both agree that it is deeply troubling to see our three Republican rivals siding more with the NRA and their activists who are descending upon Boston Common today, rather than with the President of the United States on the critically important issue of gun safety," the congressmen said. more with the NRA and their activists who are descending upon Boston Common today, rather than with the President of the United States on the critically important issue of gun safety," the congressmen said.
Unreal. We were the NRA and their "activists".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I made it. Good turnout. Great speeches. Flu-like symptoms hit me. Had to sit down before I passed out. Didn't make it to the statehouse. Back home to bed for me. Thanks GOAL for a great event. Hopefully the golden-domers are paying attention.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Which one? There were 2.

I think that the orange/white one was Channel 5. At least the Channel 5 camera man set up near me turned his camera towards them and said something to Amalia Bereda and said something about it to her. There were a few helicopters in the area, but that one and the MSP one were the only ones that spent any time over the Common.

I think the turn out was very good considering it was the middle of the week and a lot of people probably had to work. The speakers were all good, but June 4th did a really good job as he did at the last rally. It was nice to see PennyPincher get recognition for her work and no surprise that she shared credit with the people who worked with her. Someone was interviewing her after the rally, but I'm not sure who.

1001338o.jpg

1001339a.jpg

1001340q.jpg

1001341l.jpg

1001342.JPG

1001324d.jpg

1001323d.jpg

1001321f.jpg

1001318.JPG

Help me out with this one? I'm sick of this occupy wallstreet black block shit. I almost think this ones a plant. Im sure he will be the only one on the news tonight.
1001334.JPG

Help me out with this one? I'm sick of this occupy wallstreet black block shit. I almost think this ones a plant. Im sure he will be the only one on the news tonight.
1001334.JPG

It's a valid question. Unfortunately the answer is because they like to waste our tax dollars shooting carry ammo for practice, but still... I agree that the mask is lame but to each his own.

At least those LaRouche douchebags didn't show up this time.

It's a valid question. Unfortunately the answer is because they like to waste our tax dollars shooting carry ammo for practice, but still... I agree that the mask is lame but to each his own.

At least those LaRouche douchebags didn't show up this time.

I agree, valid question but that is all shot to shit when you put on the stupid V mask.

Who are the LaRouche dooshbags?

Good turnout - we represented the diversity of this community...basically a slice of America

it will be hard for the media to pigeon-hole the group into a convenient demographic soundbite (like the common "white vets", "biker dudes", "hunters", "beardy wingnuts", etc)

here's an ex-marine with a bullhorn and a couple guys who came in from Worcester!

photo (1).jpg

The LaRouche douchebags did show up. They were walking up to the stairs before the statehouse as everyone was gathering in front of the statehouse.

You should read about Lyndon LaRouche. Guy is extreme left/right at the same time. Absolutely bananas.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, but honestly, I was disappointed with the turn out. People can't sacrifice ONE day? I know some people have legitimate excuses, but there are 16,000 GOAL members and +/- 200,000 licensed firearms owners (2002 stat) in MA. There should have been more people.

Last edited:
The LaRouche douchebags did show up. They were walking up to the stairs before the statehouse as everyone was gathering in front of the statehouse.

You should read about Lyndon LaRouche. Guy is extreme left/right at the same time. Absolutely bananas.

I must have missed them. The thing that really torques me off about those guys is that they always show up with those Obama with a Hitler mustache posters and the media ALWAYS focuses on those and wrongfully links them to us.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, but honestly, I was disappointed with the turn out. People can't sacrifice ONE day? I know some people have legitimate excuses, but there are 16,000 GOAL members and +/- 200,000 licensed firearms owners (2002 stat) in MA. There should have been more people.

The numbers were about the same as the January rally. I'm not going to judge whether that's disappointing or not.

The stat that really disappoints me is that GOAL only has 16k members (though I heard the stat of 30k currently and 300 new per week) out of 329k licensed gun owners in MA.

Jim Wallace did a great job of public speaking today. Good command of the crowd and downright funny. Jim, if you took a class on public speaking to learn this, please let me know the course so I can sign up!

The numbers were about the same as the January rally. I'm not going to judge whether that's disappointing or not.

The stat that really disappoints me is that GOAL only has 16k members (though I heard the stat of 30k currently and 300 new per week) out of 329k licensed gun owners in MA.

The GOAL stats are very disappointing. No gun owners I personally know are members.[frown]

Met alot of NES'ers today. It was a good time, all the speakers were well spoken. I did make it into the State House, met with Billerica Rep. Marc Lombardo, great 2A guy. He wanted to make it out to the event but there was a sudden roll call for vote this morning at 11 and according to him, they were stuck there waiting around.

Back
Top Bottom