GOAL Letter to AG

This is an election year. They will be listening. Email your reps, especially if they are up.

No they won't.

As long as a rep can utter the words "Democrant" and "Incumbent" re-election is all but assured before the first vote it taken.

I sent an email earlier to my Rep. Thanks to my Rep., Jim Miceli (D with an A+ GOAL rating) who represents Tewksbury and part of Wilmington. He has been trying to speak to me by phone but the the phone tag ain't working. I just missed two of his calls in regard to this licensing delay problem. Anyway he is on it and will be trying to help resolve this. Hopefully I'll get some updates.

BTW, if you live in Tewksbury or Wilmington please consider a vote for Jim Miceli for state Rep. He is a moderate Democrat but is very pro-gun.

Also, please contact your folks at the Statehouse. We need to make some noise on this.

Let me get this strait.
GOAL sent this letter to AG that thinks sw 1911 is safe while Ed Brown isnt, glock gen 2 is safe while gen 4 isnt, collapsible stock is dangerouse while 50bmg isnt.....
Wait... Let me get back onto my chair...
Good luck goal. Dont forget to send the same letter to Deval, Blumberg and his holliness too.

Let me get this strait.
GOAL sent this letter to AG that thinks sw 1911 is safe while Ed Brown isnt, glock gen 2 is safe while gen 4 isnt, collapsible stock is dangerouse while 50bmg isnt.....
Wait... Let me get back onto my chair...
Good luck goal. Dont forget to send the same letter to Deval, Blumberg and his holliness too.

Rasper, the GOAL letter that is being discussed is about the long delay that is happening in the issuing of licenses in some cities and towns.

As long as a rep can utter the words "Democrant" and "Incumbent" re-election is all but assured before the first vote it taken.

That's a defeatist attitude but this state will do that to people.

I would still suggest emailing Scott Brown. What harm could it do?

Sending out a letter with mistakes and poor, unprofessional grammar, and then not sending to the most appropriate office (like the IG) doesn't really lend itself to being taken seriously.

I'm not sure what the goal of this letter was except to tell GOAL members that they did something. If real reform is desired, then you gotta out away the amateur efforts and get serious.

Look, I want things to get easier for MA gun owners as much as the next guy, and a letter like this -- *properly written and properly implemented* -- can be effective. But if you screw it up then it just makes things harder, not easier.

Sending out a letter with mistakes and poor, unprofessional grammar, and then not sending to the most appropriate office (like the IG) doesn't really lend itself to being taken seriously.

I'm not sure what the goal of this letter was except to tell GOAL members that they did something. If real reform is desired, then you gotta out away the amateur efforts and get serious.

Look, I want things to get easier for MA gun owners as much as the next guy, and a letter like this -- *properly written and properly implemented* -- can be effective. But if you screw it up then it just makes things harder, not easier.

Take it easy. GOAL made a move and if maybe some of the desk jockeys here will back GOAL up with letters to their legislators, maybe we can fan the flames a little bit. To do nothing is pure laziness. You can't always wait for the other guy to act in your behalf. Let's stop complaining and get off our dead asses and do something.

yanici, my advice isn't any different than the advice I'd give an inexperienced engineer who hadn't yet learned how to properly do documentation. Grammar mistakes and sending to the wrong people does not convey the message that you wish to.

Constructive criticism isn't personal, it's a professional courtesy.

Ok, everyone has given their 'constructive criticism' on the typo in the letter. Now, what are you going to DO to actually support getting things done? Anyone call their rep? Write the AG themselves? Want to know WHY GOAL isn't more effective? It isn't because of typos, it's because there are so damned few gun owners in this state. When you're a minority especially an unpopular one, the only way you get heard is to be LOUD. If all they hear is GOAL they can ignore us but if the hear from GOAL and a few hundred individuals it becomes harder. Especially if those individuals vote. The percent of likely voters in this state is small. We can have an impact way beyond our numbers if we shrug off our apathy.

Shouldn't membership dues be motivation enough?

Shouldn't trying to stop the "gun rights" bleeding in MA be a motivation? Right now my town is not what I would call a blatent abuser of the 40 day licensing rule but they're getting worse. It's like a disease and early cure is best.

I can't understand why someone would not want to pitch in and call or write their reps. It's easy. It's free. It just might get their attention if enough people got off their dead asses.

Shouldn't trying to stop the "gun rights" bleeding in MA be a motivation? Right now my town is not what I would call a blatent abuser of the 40 day licensing rule but they're getting worse. It's like a disease and early cure is best.

I can't understand why someone would not want to pitch in and call or write their reps. It's easy. It's free. It just might get their attention if enough people got off their dead asses.

I agree people should call, but it should be up to GOAL to lead the charge. And I don't mean in this kind of half-assed manner.

People are threatened by the NRA's lobbying abilities. People laugh at GOAL's spelling mistakes.

Just an FYI, the version with the spelling errors was only posted online. The letter that went out to the AG was corrected.

Thanks. If we can all pitch in a little bit maybe it will make a difference. If it doesn't, at least we tried.

+1 Good attitude. This is the way I wish most people thought and thank you for volunteering. I am sure any help GOAL can is appreciated.

I for one am glad to see GOAL is at work and this letter will hopefully make it to the right and at least this license bs will be brought to their attention; I know my town needs to be on that list. Hopefully GOAL did send this to the IG too.

Last edited:
these "hacks" people are motivated to not only continue being a thorn in our side but ramp up the licencing issue now. haha and find a few other things to stick in our eye.

Mike Sweeney, your PM box is full. Can we get an update on whether there is any movement on this slow licensing epidemic?

This is a righteous issue and has MA law to back it up. It should be a winner.

Is there something the rank and file members can do to help bring attention to this letter?

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...p-(Bringing-attention-to-LTC-issuance-delays)

See post number 6 for a list of where this letter should have gone "to get attention". This should have happened from the top. The "rank and file members" should be talking to each other about this. This isn't happening because there is no distribution system for information or to rally folks. This also is an organizational need.

Just a thought - letter to AG first - no response, or an unacceptable respose = letter to IG demanding investigation.

If they sent a letter to the IG at the same time demanding an investigation, it would likely piss of Cookey. Not a bad idea to observe some protocol even though the whole thing is a crap shoot anyway.

I hope this issue is being pushed. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Did all you guys call your Reps and complain? Bet most of you are waiting for someone else to do it, right? Well, push needs to come to shove sometimes.

Thought I'd just bump this. Today I sent another email to my state Rep. Miceli. He had called me back by phone and I got a chance to speak to him about the problem with licensing delays. Today's email was to remind him that it ain't gettin' any better out there.

Please take some time to notify your legislators about your concerns. If enough complain there might be some movement. GOAL needs our support.

Almost two months. GOAL, is there any response? What now? Were there expectations of any response? If not, why send it? Hello?

Eff it! There doesn't seem to be any push from our peanut gallery here at NES. My town is a little slow but I can live with it. No dog for me in this.

Back
Top Bottom