GOAL Letter to AG

Since this is a State licensing problem, I wonder if maybe Bill Galvin, the Secretary of the Commonwealth, might be interested in this. He is generally a straight shooter. No pun intended.

I hope that isn't the actual letter:

"I writing you today..."

You mean "I'm writing..." or "I am writing..." ????

Please tell me it wasn't sent like that.

So, what news outlets, police departments, state and federal legislators emails, national organizations, and blogs was this sent to? I am hoping the list will be in the hundreds or thousands. Mike?

(hint: all big newspapers, all PD's, all state and federal elected officials, all local papers, all local blogs, all candidates, NRA, SAF, Drudge, RedMassGroup, BlueMassGroup, etc.)

Last edited:
"I writing you today..."

I had the same thought. "Great letter, great intentions... but who the hell is proof reading outbound letters for Jim?!"

Yes, that is the letter, I checked the PDF version.

At least they did something to get to the bottom of it! [thumbsup]
WTG GOAL!

But what took you so long? [thinking] This has been going on for a while now.
(My LTC and my Son's FID to almost 12 weeks.) Applied 11/14/11 received 2/10/12

Last edited:
No, the AG is free to ignore any letters of inquiry on any subject. They are not accountable to anyone for their actions or inactions.

I would expect the AG to ignore the letter or respond "not my problem". It would have been a lot better if the letter (grammatically correct would be nice) were sent to the Inspector General's office instead asking for an investigation. It is my understanding that their job is as watchdog over all state and municipal agencies who are accused of not doing their jobs properly.

I LIKE THIS! At least someone has done something!

What REALLY, REALLY, REALLY irks me though? Is having to to protect the names of those people from potential reprisals. It would be way better to have a list of hundred of names to drop on her desk, or thousands, whatever the actual number so it cannot be dismissed as "well, how do I know this actually happened?"

I may even join GOAL now.

No, the AG is free to ignore any letters of inquiry on any subject. They are not accountable to anyone for their actions or inactions.

I would expect the AG to ignore the letter or respond "not my problem". It would have been a lot better if the letter (grammatically correct would be nice) were sent to the Inspector General's office instead asking for an investigation. It is my understanding that their job is as watchdog over all state and municipal agencies who are accused of not doing their jobs properly.

Great idea. I hope GOAL is reading this thread.

AG might just be the perfect place to send it since we are customers of the system (we pay the fee) and yet the providers who receive the fee are not performing...

I had the same thought. "Great letter, great intentions... but who the hell is proof reading outbound letters for Jim?!"

Yes, that is the letter, I checked the PDF version.
Grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, giving examples of how long applicants have waited in days, some in months and some in weeks. Very confusing and not well thought out.
Jim had his clocked cleaned on Fox 25 a few weeks ago during a debate and this letter doesn't help.

"I writing you today..."

So, what news outlets, police departments, state and federal legislators emails, national organizations, and blogs was this sent to? I am hoping the list will be in the hundreds or thousands. Mike?

(hint: all big newspapers, all PD's, all state and federal elected officials, all local papers, all local blogs, all candidates, NRA, SAF, Drudge, RedMassGroup, BlueMassGroup, etc.)
I read that too, and in my mind I saw Capt Picard grimacing...
Proof reading aside, thank you GOAL for speaking up. I am glad I am a GOAL member. Sadly, I doubt this will have any benefit to gun owners and applicants.

Last edited:
Did I read that right that, that it shouldn't take longer then 4 months ?
I got mine this year In Tewksbury they said 9 weeks and it came 1 day shy of 9 weeks...

How dose it take so long in mass but 7 days in nh? Don't people file law suits in nh if it takes longer then 7 days?

Send it!

How dose it take so long in mass but 7 days in nh? Don't people file law suits in nh if it takes longer then 7 days?

The NH law requires it be issued in a set period of time (I think it's 15 days), and it must be issued even if the background check is not completed in that time. In MA, the FRB will not issue until the check is done, even if this results in a statutory violation of the deadline.

In other words, MA considers it worse for a qualified person to be denied than for an unqualified person to be granted a license, whereas, the operational assumptions and priority in MA is exactly the reverse.

A similar letter was sent to the RI AG by RIFOL. The response was that they had no control over what the police chiefs do and I would expect a similar rese in MA.

I just found out my coworker is first cousins with Martha.
I am going to print this out and have them hand it to her face to face (they will too.... they told me they are the black sheep of the family that hates the crap the dems are pulling these days).

Dear GOAL, this state and this office have been wiping thier ass with gun rights for so many years. Why would you think
we are going to do something now? Thank you for the letter,we where running out of toilet paper.

Martha

I just found out my coworker is first cousins with Martha.
I am going to print this out and have them hand it to her face to face (they will too.... they told me they are the black sheep of the family that hates the crap the dems are pulling these days).

Absolutely do this, but please clean it up first so it doesn't look like it was written by a 9 year old.

Instead of the examples of time complaints I would enclosed a detailed spreadsheet of the actual data collected, then compile statistics of what towns/cities went over 40 days, require letters, etc... could have been condensed it into one sentence like "60% of Massachusetts town/cities were late issuing licenses", "40% require 1 letter", "30% require 2 letters", etc.... (assuming how much data they did collect) At least then along with a letter it would have had the homework to back it up.

Then again it would just be more toilet paper for the AG to wipe their ass with.

Back
Top Bottom