GOAL has only..........

I've been a GOAL and NRA member for years. I'm never going to let either membership lapse. If I had the spare cash, I'd be a life member of both. Maybe after the election I'll have the money since I wont be buying guns or ammo any more.

This is absolutely pathetic!!!!! but once again Americans want the few to the endure the battle for the many. I absolutely agree that it is inexcusable that GOAL has so few members. I for one joined BEFORE I applied for my LTC. No one whom has an LTC should have an excuse.[frown][angry]

No one whom has an LTC should have an excuse

even if unemployed college student single parent who can't spare the $$$ right away shelling $100 application fee and $75+ for a safety course???

i talk to a couple people, outside this board that aren't NRA or G.O.A.L members and it's because they can't afford it.

just a thought....

Some thoughts to consider:

I'm an avid gun owner and shooter. I frequent several gun discussion forums, attend shooting matches, train regularly, and generally support the pro-gun industry.

Now, I've just skimmed through all 16 pages, and I still don't know what GOAL is, what it does, where I can join, or why I should join. 16 pages of "Join GOAL now" but not one link to their website. Not one brief description of what GOAL the acronym stands for or who they support. And you guys are the pro GOAL group, talking in a pro-gun community! How do you expect Normal Joe to hear about GOAL?

If GOAL wants to increase it's membership, it must advertise. And they must start with the gun community. Really. There are many pro-gun organizations fighting for my money: NRA, GOA, GONH, TFA, TSRA, and too many more to mention. For GOAL to get a piece of the pie, they have to fight for it.

G.O.A.L is actually a member here as well

http://goal.org/index.html

I do agree w / Fly320s

i never heard of GOAL until i took my firearms saftey course... i shrugged them off as another "org" who just wanted my money. -seriously

i was fresh back to MA after almost 8 years so i wasn't too hip on the issues at the time.

ETA: the gun club i belong is NOT on their website either... maybe it's out of date - but I don't recall seeing any G.O.A.L materials at my club either. last time i was there a couple weeks ago.

I've got a novel concept for all of you.

I'm not in or really near Mass.

I will, however, be willing to give GOAL membership forms out to residents of Mass when I do Appleseeds.

I just need a stack of forms. Want to send me some?

G.O.A.L is actually a member here as well

http://goal.org/index.html

I do agree w / Fly320s

i never heard of GOAL until i took my firearms saftey course... i shrugged them off as another "org" who just wanted my money. -seriously

i was fresh back to MA after almost 8 years so i wasn't too hip on the issues at the time.

ETA: the gun club i belong is NOT on their website either... maybe it's out of date - but I don't recall seeing any G.O.A.L materials at my club either. last time i was there a couple weeks ago.

The ONLY gun clubs listed on the GOAL website are those that are MEMBERS of GOAL.

So your post indicates that your gun club does not support GOAL by joining as an org. You might want to bring that up and see if they are willing to join up?

I've got a novel concept for all of you.

I'm not in or really near Mass.

I will, however, be willing to give GOAL membership forms out to residents of Mass when I do Appleseeds.

I just need a stack of forms. Want to send me some?

Nickle, either give a call to Nancy or Angie at GOAL, 508-393-5333 or send an Email to [email protected] and ask for some forms. They will be happy to send them out to you. And thanks for doing this!

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Lest we forget.....

If 50-70 can stand as these did then I am honored to be part of 12000.

"Massachusetts Colony was a hotbed of sedition in the spring of 1775. Preparations for conflict with the Royal authority had been underway throughout the winter with the production of arms and munitions, the training of militia (including the minutemen), and the organization of defenses. In April, General Thomas Gage, military governor of Massachusetts decided to counter these moves by sending a force out of Boston to confiscate weapons stored in the village of Concord and capture patriot leaders Samuel Adams and John Hancock reported to be staying in the village of Lexington.

The atmosphere was tense, word of General Gage's intentions spread through Boston prompting the patriots to set up a messaging system to alert the countryside of any advance of British troops. Paul Revere arranged for a signal to be sent by lantern from the steeple of North Church - one if by land, two if by sea. On the night of April 18, 1775 the lantern's alarm sent Revere, William Dawes and other riders on the road to spread the news. The messengers cried out the alarm, awakening every house, warning of the British column making its way towards Lexington. In the rider's wake there erupted the peeling of church bells, the beating of drums and the roar of gun shots - all announcing the danger and calling the local militias to action.

In the predawn light of April 19, the beating drums and peeling bells summoned between 50 and 70 militiamen to the town green at Lexington. As they lined up in battle formation the distant sound of marching feet and shouted orders alerted them of the Redcoats' approach. Soon the British column emerged through the morning fog and the confrontation that would launch a nation began."

Quoted from "Eyewitnesstohistory.com".

-Rick

I've been meaning to join GOAL for a while. I just kept forgetting about it.
Do existing members get some kind of perk for bringing in a newbie?
If so, I'll be your spiff case! PM me.

45collector

I've been meaning to join GOAL for a while. I just kept forgetting about it.
Do existing members get some kind of perk for bringing in a newbie? ...

You know, that would be a GREAT IDEA! Maybe just get credits towards the GOAL store or something, or get 2 months tacked on to your membership for every new member you bring in.

HO-ly thread revival, Batman.

It's a good one. Just a couple years ago, there were a shit load of gun control bills brought up such as one-gun-a-month and more restrictive bans. We managed to stop them all. But there-in lies the problem. With GOAL having only 16,000 members (last I heard), an unfriendly legislature, and a gun grabbing governor, they can only try to block bad bills from being passed.

MA has 300,000 LTC holders. If GOAL had that sort of membership and gun owners actually voted in local elections for their state reps/senators, we might actually get to IMPROVE gun laws, not just stop our existing laws from getting worse. BUt until that happens, we will always be on the defensive.

Last edited:
I didn't know GOAL existed until joining this site....it's not that (people/gun owners) don't want to join, it's that they never heard of them...

I believe that number has now "swelled" to 15K members. Awesome growth, but still rather pathetic cosidering how many gun owners there are in MA. Some people just expect everyone else to do it for them. Sometimes i hear about people whining GOAL isn't doing enough. I typically remind them that WE ARE GOAL. They are the paid representatives that keep us informed, but it's not only up to us to provide them funding but also to make our calls and show up to rally's and these upcoming hearings. You can't expect Jim Wallace to just do everything for you. As much as he does a great job, he's just one guy, reps need to hear from their constituents loud and clear.

usp45ct, I just dashed off an email to Mike Sweeney @ GOAL recommending the same thing and telling him I'd be more than happy to distribute to my club and gun stores I frequent.

Coyote33, awesome Ninja Level 1 million revival of a 5 year old thread! lol.

He's the Champ! Can't be beat. NO ONE can touch the "Yote"!

This is kind of creepy. I feel like I'm being watched or stalked.

usp45ct, I just dashed off an email to Mike Sweeney @ GOAL recommending the same thing and telling him I'd be more than happy to distribute to my club and gun stores I frequent.

Coyote33, awesome Ninja Level 1 million revival of a 5 year old thread! lol.

Hey, someone gets it! Thanks.

Yes, people, the search function on NES works. I looked something up, and replied to it and it was still relevant. No need to reinvent the wheel. I don't even bother looking at the dates. Plus, I have an email folder with NES reminders I clean up every so often, and sometimes hit old ones I never looked at.

Back
Top Bottom