GOAL banquet news

Hardly "all."

There was a good speaker and some nice auction items. All the real NES'ers were there - 2 tables worth; the posers were home.

I'd ask C-pher what he's going to do with the jerky shooter, but I'm afraid of the answer.....

Not to mention that I also won a Nice Ruger Blackhawk in .357 and the 4-5/8ths barrel.

Not bad for 20 dollars for the drawing.

It was a good time...Cam was really good...and yes, a lot of good auction items.

Including me and the GOAL Wheelbarrow full of sausage and jerky making equipment

Hardly "all."

There was a good speaker and some nice auction items. All the real NES'ers were there - 2 tables worth; the posers were home.

I'd ask C-pher what he's going to do with the jerky shooter, but I'm afraid of the answer.....

I'm honored to be considered a "real" NES'er - especially by Scrivener...

Way to go, Derek! What's not mentioned is that Derek received the loudest and longest standing ovation out of any of the speakers there. And that's saying a lot - Cam did a great job, as did everyone else who spoke...

Derek was honored by GOAL and Cpher got a jerky shooter that is all.

Hardly "all."

Derek being honored by GOAL was very cool...Congrats again, buddy! [cheers]

Cam was a good speaker...He went on for A WHILE, but then again, he usually goes on for much longer everyday. Good banquet, decent food, great people.

I don't want to know what's up with C-pher's jerky shooter, but he claims he won a sausage stuffer as well...He proceeded to invite all of us to his place next weekend for a sausage party [rolleyes]

I realize that there are several other NESers that have varying reasons why they couldn't make it tonight, and I'm not going to knock you for not being there. Jim, anyone here who knows you knows that you do a lot for the NES shoots which benefit GOAL, and that you are an avid GOAL supporter. I'm also sure that others had valid reasons, as well.

HOWEVER, one of the big points that Cam Edwards made tonight holds very true here, as well...99% of the people who take the time to bitch about their rights/lack of rights don't do anything about it. We've already seen this from all the GOAL karmas that have gone on and everyone saying that they intend on joining...If you REALLY don't have the $30/year to drop, well I'm sorry you're in that situation. Otherwise, if you want change, pony up and join GOAL. If you are able to go beyond that, go to one of GOAL's several events/banquets/etc. that are held throughout the year. We had a little over 2 tables worth of NESers at the banquet tonight...That was including wives, so really, a little over 1 table full of NESers. For such a large forum full of gun owners in MA, it's a f***ing shame that we couldn't fill the entire banquet hall, let alone more than 2 tables worth.

Like I said, I'm not saying many of you didn't have valid reasons why you couldn't be there...I'm not sticking the blame on anyone in particular...Just a general observation. My quick 2 cents.

Congrats to Derek. All the speakers were great. The food was amazing.

Great update on the Katrina Bill by Jim.

When Cam spoke it was like watching his show live. Cam's show on NRA.com every weeknight is great. The audience can participate too by calling in or using "Talk Back" which allows you to type a message to Cam from your computer. You can also stream the previous days show.

As for the auction and raffle:

I should have read the details for the auction...

One of the raffle winners took their pick of on of the tables, which left a table with a rebuilt Glock 22 and IDPA accessories. I did not realize that this was being auctioned off and I missed out. A lucky fellow got it for around $470. That would be a good deal even in a free state!

I had a great time.

Hardly "all."

Joke Man...It was a joke...I was sure other folks would some on here and post stuff as well...

Sense of humor[rolleyes]...When I posted this FROM the banquet, even Derek thought is was funny...

I agree thought it was a great event, CONGRATS DEREK!

We should REALLY be filling 4-6 tables with NESers....

Last edited:
Hilltop always puts on a great layout of grub. On top of that, Cam was good. I don't care if he goes into the history because its almost always a good story.

GOAL deserved the NRA award (State organization of the year)

Derek was long overdue for his recognition. (we just didn't want it to go to his head (^_^)

I probably paid a little too much for the Heller Commemorative, but the $$ was for a good cause. Quite a few people got some great deals.

Always good to see old friends and meet new ones.

As always, Jim did a great job. And like he said, "wait 'til you see what's coming next year". (^_^)

Seriously, if you are not a part of GOAL, you really are a part of the problem. If you don't attend the banquets or get involved with the NES and GOAL events during the year, you are missing out on learning a lot of the stuff that is never put in print.

Almost didn't recognize C-pher in 'normal' clothes.

And yes, I got home just fine despite the scoot being covered in dew when I left, fogging up my helmet at every stop, the 8 lbs of steak tips, Porterhouse steaks, Heller Commemorative, and the rest of the stuff I carried home.

Hope that wheelbarrow fit in the van C-pher.

I probably paid a little too much for the Heller Commemorative, but the $$ was for a good cause. Quite a few people got some great deals.

Probably not. Remember, it also came with the signed book which, I'll bet, is also a first edition.

Wow that is so cool guys. I wish I was there. Goal has my full support, good to hear they put together a good night.

Congrats to Derek, well deserved buddy.

Congratulations to you Derek. It is always nice to have recognition for the things you do and is well deserved.
I would have liked to have been there but unfortunately had other commitments.

Congratulations to you Derek. It is always nice to have recognition for the things you do and is well deserved.
I would have liked to have been there but unfortunately had other commitments.

+1 to congrats to Derek. If it weren't for Derek starting up NES, I wouldn't have half the gun shop/shooting contacts and friends I do now.

I take pride in hosting NES shoots at my local range and donating a portion of the proceeds to GOAL because not only does it help them but it also helps everyone involved in Massachusetts shooting sports.

FWIW... I read the post removed and while I would have liked to have been there, I too was home that night with my son and took offense to the "poser" reference.

FWIW... I read the post removed and while I would have liked to have been there, I too was home that night with my son and took offense to the "poser" reference.

Don't know what the deleted post was, but it seems some people took my "poser" gonad-grinding a tad too seriously.

I probably paid a little too much for the Heller Commemorative

What sort of Heller Commemorative are you speaking about? Was it the SW snubie we've been hearing about?

Seriously, if you are not a part of GOAL, you really are a part of the problem.

You know, usually I despise that cliche because in most cases, it's not directly true. But in this case, it really is right on. The problem we have is not Jerk@ff politicians...ok, yes it is. But it's not only the spineless politicians, it's the collective apathy that generally allows us to be steamrolled by the coalition of the effete.

Often I read on NES that "we" (gun owners) are only 2%-10% of MA residents and thus we cannot hope to defeat groups that can comprise 20-40% of the voting public. I disagree with that. We can have an impact beyond our numbers and I'm not just talking about voter fraud. (kidding [thinking]) There are several special interest groups out there that bend the will of the people to their convenience. I say only that we could do the same thing if we could focus on one achievable goal and work together towards it. I don't mean to say we start by lifting all full auto restrictions, It may be streamlining one or both of the approval process or maybe we work to get the ammo restrictions removed from the online sales.

And may be it won't work. So we'll try it again. Gun owners are 10% (?) of Mass residents, Goal members perhaps 5% of them. Goal members focused on 10 different things. What if every goal member was focused on one thing, and got non-goal members to work with us on one isue, all the sudden, our strength is exponentially increased. Sorry about the tangent.

If you don't attend the banquets or get involved with the NES and GOAL events during the year, you are missing out on learning a lot of the stuff that is never put in print.

I'd like to make time to attend a Goal event this year. Thanks for reminding me with your timely description of what must have been a good time.

Finally, Congratulations Derek. You certainly deserve it.

Congrats Derek, wish I could have been there. I saw Jim at the gun show today and he mentioned that the MA politicians are going to go nuts with GOAL's plans for next year, can't wait.

Probably not. Remember, it also came with the signed book which, I'll bet, is also a first edition.

Yes, it is. And it's actually pretty good. Just started it, but the depth of history is amazing. I particularly like the way he stuck all the footnotes at the end (endnotes?) so he could be verbose in what he wanted to say. Many of them are just as interesting as the main text.

I'm not complaining. The kit was well worth the $$.

I'd like to add my congratulations to Derek for what he's done in bringing us all together. NES has changed the way gun owners live. I don't have to explain it, we all know it. And it isn't just one dimensional either. NES keeps evolving and helping us all to strengthen our rights and knowledge.

Thanks Derek, you deserve a cheer and more.

Is there a Nobel Prize for organizing gunnies??? [wink]

Hardly "all."

I'd show up if I got the news letters like I am supposed to so I can know when these events are...

I'd show up if I got the news letters like I am supposed to so I can know when these events are...

Just be sure to read through this forum...Saturday night's banquet has been posted for a few months now. We had a few tables reserved for NESers. Plus, if stuff isn't showing up, call GOAL and let someone know so they can verify your address and change it if need be.

Back
Top Bottom