Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Maybe, on different dates

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
You missed a bit. That building is a barn. You turn down a private road (River's Bend Road, it's dirt) near there, and drive about a mile into the woods. Be careful about addresses up here, they can be deceiving.

I'm not good with Terraserver, but bear with me. It isn't good with Vermont towns, either. Typical Microcrap, they don't recognize New Haven. At least Middlebury works.

Follow Dog Team Road down, until it crosses a river (New Haven River). Go to the left, until the river flows into a larger river (Otter Creek). Right there is a loop with a small building in the middle. That's the place. Doesn't look like much, but it seems to be a decent campground.

Or, follow the dirt road just below the red dot, to the left.

Last edited:
I will be attending with my wife and a few of freinds. We are hoping there are places to do some offroading with our trucks, could some one let me know if there are places to go offroading, "Nickle"!! We will probably only be shooting the better part of one day, but who knows except for my wife she will let me know I'm sure! What else is there to do up there? Some feedback would be great. Oh ya who has a site and what number is it? I talked to the lady today, she said theres only 10 left. I will be reserving 2 sites tomorro.

Reservations

Well, we finally got our reservations after spending a few HOURS after working on the computer and phone. We’ll be staying over in Burlington which is the closest we could get without spending $300.00 per night (Yikes !) Apparently Riverbend still has tent & RV sites still open, but their RV rentals they had went fast. The Sugarhouse Motel was full too, as was every other place moderately priced place also. At least we will definitely be there ! [smile]

Yeah, I wasn't aware of the fact that Middlebury College is having their Graduation that same weekend, until I saw the owner of the Sugarhouse yesterday while running some errands in Middlebury. He did say that room prices go for insane amounts for that weekend.

Also stopped by the Campground, and reserved a site for Marlyn and I. We're on Site #27. Also found out the Campground owner is also a shooter.

I'll see if I can convince someone to take me..It'll be a bit of a haul (someone said 4 hours), so it might be tough to get there.

Nickle said:
Yeah, I wasn't aware of the fact that Middlebury College is having their Graduation that same weekend, until I saw the owner of the Sugarhouse yesterday while running some errands in Middlebury. He did say that room prices go for insane amounts for that weekend.

Uh-oh... that doesn't bode well. I'd better get on the horn tonight and try to get some reservations made.

I will be heading up with my wife, Mrs.TypeO1313, TypeO1313, Cstmkd, 1redfox and maybe the Dude. We have sites number 22 and 22A. Heard they are just putting the finishing touches on the heated pool, don't forget your bathing suits[smile] See everyone up there!!

I've finally remembered to get current Sale prices, if anybody is going to want or need ammo up here. I'll post them in the Dealer Forum, under the appropriate thread. Make sure I know ahead of time what you'll want.

The site I'm on is across from Phillip.

So, who's going to be there? Marlyn and I are trying to figure the logistics, so if you're coming but not listed, make a post to let us know. So far we've got:

Camping

Nickle
Marlyn
Rob (a friend)
possibly Crakowski
Derek
Derek's Wife
Derek's 2 boys
Brent
Phillip
Phillip's wife
TypeO
Mrs TypeO
Cstmkd
1redfox
possibly Dude

Moteling

Mr Twigg
Mrs Twigg
Mr Twigg's son
Dwarven1
Kath

Day visitors

James (Sat)
Whitney (James's daughter) (Sat)

The bar trip is on for Friday, the bar is up north a ways (hopefully Colchester, possibly So Burlington).

For food, we're thinking simple, like BBQing. If it's cold and miserable, possibly stew or chili. Breakfast will probably be Coffee and Donuts. Does anybody have a 30 cup pot?

Also, we will have to secure our firearms (in our cars/trucks), while in the campground. The owner's insurance prohibits them being there, but he figures that as long as they're not in the open, it's OK by him. He's a shooter himself, so, it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Nickle said:
I know Dwarven1 is coming, not sure if camping/moteling/staying at his sister's.

Motel camping and I will only be there for shooting on Sunday - rest of the time Kath & I will be playing tourist.

Nickle, I'll be there at least part of the weekend, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

If anyone wants to come along from easern MA, drop me a line and we'll try to work out the details.

Back
Top Bottom