• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glocks

The first sidearm I purchased was a used 19 for about $500. I sold it and some accessories when I moved to NH, replaced it with a SIG P220 ST, Glock 22 and moved back to MA. I sold the SIG to purchase a 1911 Sc and I’ve had the Glock on the market since about the time I moved back.

Anyone want to buy a G22 with everything I have for it? I need the money for food…

1911 food that is.

I'm one that really likes Glocks. I shoot them well, like the trigger and just about everything else. Didn't like the 1911's until I tried the Para SSP/LDA. I've paid reasonable and outrageous prices for my Glocks, but I accept the market for what it is. If I paid alot for a Glock that I might trade or sell, I try to recoup what I paid. I think most of my frustration is vented in the wrong direction; I should be more upset that I can't buy a Glock, Kimber, (the list goes on) than my initial negative reaction of seeing someone selling a $1000 used Baby Glock.

Ok- Call it BS... whatever you want. I pitty the fool that pays $600-700 for a used sub compact. It's artificial BS that's my point. Go to K&R today and you can find a very nice G27 for $499.... Good deals are everywhere if you take some time to look and not have to get raped.

KMaurer said:
I wonder if the same reasoning on supply and demand would apply to things like a '64 Mustang convertable or pre-depression US gold coins. After all, that Mustang only cost about $2K originally so it hardly seems "fair" that it should sell for much more than that 40+ years later. And the only reason that those old gold coins could be worth much more than their face value is that the government imposed a bunch of stupid and arguably unconstitutional rules, melting them down and outlawing the private ownership of gold, then dropping the gold basis for our coins and currency. If you ever run across one of those 1933 Double Eagles, I'll give you $50 for it, more than double its "actual" value. When it comes to prices, anything other than supply and demand is pure, unadulterated, 100% B S.

Ken

No need to get snippy. I guess I look at guns as more a hobby and not as an investment. Guns are made to be used and enjoyed by many... not just the ones that can afford it (damn this sounds funny coming from a radical conservative...). And your arguments are not represestative of the Glock situation... we're not talking about items that were made dozens of years ago and just plain aren't around anymore. Glocks are everywhere... like I said the prices are artificially high.... nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom