• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glocks to be illegal in any form under passage of HD.4607 - Will Gen 2 prices go up?

Will Gen 2 Glock prices go up after HD.4607?

• Yes, they will go up in price.

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • No, they will not go up in price.

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, they're not.

It's an "unfair and deceptive business practice" for licensed dealers to sell them.

They're 100% lawful to own, possess, carry, and even sell by any individual with an LTC. It's also 100% lawful to sell the component parts, provided they aren't a firearm within the laws of the Commonwealth.

Under the proposed changes, every semiauto will increasingly be prohibited. There's no reason to think this would grandfather Gen 2s more than the Gen 5s that are currently in the state.
This.

If grandfathered any glock in the state will be OK.......not sure why you think pre-98 gen 2's would be any different than anything more current gen, currently fa-10'ed in state.

Technically there would be a finite amount of glocks or any other semi auto if grandfathered right? So yes over some time they will increase in value.....but by then SCOTUS may shitcan that because its unconstitutional.

Then the reality is, they won't be able to be transferred to anyone unless they are out of state...which makes them unsellable and useless as any type of "investment"

So basically....this thread is about living an extra 2 years in this state so MAYBE you can make an extra 500 on glock.....holy f***ing gay.

Last edited:
For years I said I couldn't leave MA because I couldn't leave my family. Then I finally got sick enough of them that I just left. And things were good. Then they got sick enough of MA that they decided to leave MA too. But they followed me. And now here I am, still surrounded by ma**h***s. But I can buy and carry whatever I want. And that helps me cope.
Im having a hard sitdown with my kids and family this weekend. I said I always liked to be the financially strong one you two (kids) could lean on if things got rough. That's probably the main reason we stayed in MA so long to pay for your school, weddings, cars, help with moving etc. That time has to come to an end now.

My message to them is we may have to leave to something less financially stable.....you'll need to be OK with that.

My parents I need to tell that Ill try and support them....but this state has made it intolerable to stay....and at the very least I need to make a valid effort to leave here.

I wish they were in a good place to come with me...but they are very set in their ways, and I don't have the finances to bring everyone out of state. I will try and get big enough land so they can pay to build something or have an inlaw. But that may not be an option.....I've been looking for it for a while now.

Only good thing I'll be moving closer to my daughter......and maybe even living with her for a while. Not sure yet.

The whole thing is disgusting to me...and I hate every politician that votes me out of my home.

Last edited:
Framez'n'receevahz.

F that. This is my home. Running to barely-better New Hamster is analogous to some dude breaking into your front door and you running for your life out the back door. Retreat is not an effective strategy to win a war.
Good for you. I'm glad you're content with your situation here. Truly.

Personally, I think staying is signing up to fight an unwinnable war. What's your strategy? Hope SCOTUS will save you? I'm genuinely curious. Whatever it is, it's been a losing strategy the entire time. Things have gotten worse and worse with no signs of positive change. None whatsoever. In fact, It's gone the other way.

Someone broke into your front door and you froze. You didn't even run. You're standing there just waiting to receive any punishment the dude decides to inflict upon you while telling yourself you're somehow more virtuous for doing it. To use your analogy.

We're too far apart on this. Respectfully, it's an individual decision and I recognize that, but it's not a war you can win. To each their own. We all have our reasons for making the decisions we do. It's why I generally don't attack people who decide to stay. I wish you the best luck in the future. No animosity.

Personally, I think staying is signing up to fight an unwinnable war. What's your strategy? Hope SCOTUS will save you? I'm genuinely curious. Whatever it is, it's been a losing strategy the entire time. Things have gotten worse and worse with no signs of positive change. None whatsoever. In fact, It's gone the other way.

Someone broke into your front door and you froze. You didn't even run. You're standing there just waiting to receive any punishment the dude decides to inflict upon you while telling yourself you're somehow more virtuous for doing it. To use your analogy.

We're too far apart on this. Respectfully, it's an individual decision and I recognize that, but it's not a war you can win. To each their own. We all have our reasons for making the decisions we do. It's why I generally don't attack people who decide to stay. I wish you the best luck in the future. No animosity.
I'm in agreement with this.

Staying can mean nothing at all happens because nothing is funded and the teeth are up to MA town police. For me in North Central...that means nothing changes much until at least renewal time.

Or...it can mean something totally different and the shit heads make a run at you with a state police goon squad, and at time of renewal crawl up your ass with a microscope or just take too long to renew and pull your lisc and all your guns. Pantshitting...maybe.

Roll the dice with these fxcktards.......they don't follow the constitution, and retarded populace are with them......and gun owners are just villians, and the actual truth of the onerous shit in these bills are glossed over by the media on purpose to make the POS bill look like a shining example of safety. That is not changing and never has.....if you want to call getting lucky the last time Deval pedaled his bullshit and we actually came out on top of things....yeah...., that's what it was....this time....I don't feel we are gonna get " lucky " Its a full court press by delusional maniacs that all of your neighbors voted in. Still feel like you want to hang out here with them....go ahead. But don't blame people for leaving.

Or understand that 4607 is facially unconstitutional.
Sadly the left doesn't care about the constitution or our rights. Even when SCOTUS makes a decision they totally ignore, disregard and continue to violate our rights. They are never held accountable for their egregious actions. There is no authority that stops their actions.

Im having a hard sitdown with my kids and family this weekend. I said I always liked to be the financially strong one you two (kids) could lean on if things got rough. That's probably the main reason we stayed in MA so long to pay for your school, weddings, cars, help with moving etc. That time has to come to an end now.

My message to them is we may have to leave to something less financially stable.....you'll need to be OK with that.

My parents I need to tell that Ill try and support them....but this state has made it intolerable to stay....and at the very least I need to make a valid effort to leave here.

I wish they were in a good place to come with me...but they are very set in their ways, and I don't have the finances to bring everyone out of state. I will try and get big enough land so they can pay to build something or have an inlaw. But that may not be an option.....I've been looking for it for a while now.

Only good thing I'll be moving closer to my daughter......and maybe even living with her for a while. Not sure yet.

The whole thing is disgusting to me...and I hate every politician that votes me out of my home.

Go, and don’t look back.

Escape from Mass isn’t even about guns at this point. It’s a f***ing shithole of political garbage and tax BS in every area.

Let it burn

Sadly the left doesn't care about the constitution or our rights. Even when SCOTUS makes a decision they totally ignore, disregard and continue to violate our rights. They are never held accountable for their egregious actions. There is no authority that stops their actions.
I find this fascinating… three branches of government… courts make a ruling… i’d have to brush up on the subject..

What method do the courts have to enforce anything? The issue the ruling and the rest of the government is supposed to comply?

Without enforcement, it’s basically useless

I find this fascinating… three branches of government… courts make a ruling… i’d have to brush up on the subject..

What method do the courts have to enforce anything? The issue the ruling and the rest of the government is supposed to comply?

they don't, you sue in the lower courts and start all over again. District court can ignore everything, federal court can say F the supreme court, supreme court just goes, "yeah that one guy's rights were violated" and do so like.... 5 years later???? MA could pass a law making it a retroactive felony to even say the word "gun" and at the end of the day, the courts just wag their dicks and meanwhile thousands of people get their lives totally ruined.

After 4607 passes - how can I get a new Glock?

A brand new model has to come in through a dealer, right?

If a dealer can't get them anymore due to 4607 - what are my options?

Once 4607 passes - I think dealers will have to break the new law in order to sell them.
Your options would be buy something other than a Glock to start.

In theory?

We The People value the Constitution enough that we already know those answers. The Executive Branch knows this, so they make sure they enforce court decisions because they know that if they don't, We The People will see that as tyranny, and will vote those Executive Branch people out of office.

In practice?

We The People don't even know how separation of powers works. So we've ignored our responsibilities ITO holding the Executive Branch accountable. This began many, many decades ago, before any of us were born. But we've never improved it.

The bloom is off the rose for glocks. Too many other pistols out there as good or better for less money.

Not really. Glocks aren't going anywhere. Whether you can actually accept that or not is another story. 🤣

Quite frankly I would seriously question my life choices if i was fussing over a couple hundo on a commodity handgun. Flinting on a lifesaving device is f***ing stupid. People need to choose the best thing that suits them they can afford, not succumb to some kind of weird skinflint stupidity.

I think it takes both sides. I'll be in a free state supplying materials and funds to contribute to the fight.

I have a ton of other reasons for leaving and I've just set a date thanks to this legislation. Just needed a little push.

I've thought about a Glock 19 from time to time. But then I remember, I don't like Blocks. Their ergos don't do it for me and they're fugly.

Ahh... but I don't have one...... Yea.... there are reasons for that.... I go back and forth...

Not really. Glocks aren't going anywhere. Whether you can actually accept that or not is another story. 🤣

Quite frankly I would seriously question my life choices if i was fussing over a couple hundo on a commodity handgun. Flinting on a lifesaving device is f***ing stupid. People need to choose the best thing that suits them they can afford, not succumb to some kind of weird skinflint stupidity.

Are you new here??????

Most do flint on guns. Not sure if it’s I have 10 vs 2 or what.

I swear I just had that conversation in another thread 5-10 minutes ago.

Back
Top Bottom