• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glocks to be illegal in any form under passage of HD.4607 - Will Gen 2 prices go up?

Will Gen 2 Glock prices go up after HD.4607?

• Yes, they will go up in price.

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • No, they will not go up in price.

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. If this passes, the Mill is gonna be hurting fast.

2. Yes, prices will skyrocket. (Are personal sales even allowed in this new law? I get frames and receivers BS. But. . . . )

3. At some point in the next 2 years, this whole federal BS will be sorted out and the rule will be "hey states - STFU! Let them own the guns and knock it the F off."

1. If this passes, the Mill is gonna be hurting fast.
Unless we all agree on non-compliance.
2. Yes, prices will skyrocket.
for a minute.
(Are personal sales even allowed in this new law? I get frames and receivers BS. But. . . . )
Pretty sure it's still 4/year, though that now includes ammo transactions...
3. At some point in the next 2 years, this whole federal BS will be sorted out and the rule will be "hey states - STFU! Let them own the guns and knock it the F off."
eventually. might be longer. might not. depends what can move through the courts how quickly, and how tired they get of the shenanigans.

Or, we all move to non-compliance, and the US becomes ConCarry in practice, even if not in law. They can't imprison us all.

And, post 98 complete Glocks are banned in Mass.

So, no way to get new Glocks - legally.

Anybody sitting on Gen 2's has a gold mine.
No, they're not.

It's an "unfair and deceptive business practice" for licensed dealers to sell them.

They're 100% lawful to own, possess, carry, and even sell by any individual with an LTC. It's also 100% lawful to sell the component parts, provided they aren't a firearm within the laws of the Commonwealth.

Under the proposed changes, every semiauto will increasingly be prohibited. There's no reason to think this would grandfather Gen 2s more than the Gen 5s that are currently in the state.

No, they're not.

It's an "unfair and deceptive business practice" for licensed dealers to sell them.

They're 100% lawful to own, possess, carry, and even sell by any individual with an LTC. It's also 100% lawful to sell the component parts, provided they aren't a firearm within the laws of the Commonwealth.

Under the proposed changes, every semiauto will increasingly be prohibited. There's no reason to think this would grandfather Gen 2s more than the Gen 5s that are currently in the state.
After 4607 passes - how can I get a new Glock?

A brand new model has to come in through a dealer, right?

If a dealer can't get them anymore due to 4607 - what are my options?

Once 4607 passes - I think dealers will have to break the new law in order to sell them.

After 4607 passes - how can I get a new Glock?

A brand new model has to come in through a dealer, right?

If a dealer can't get them anymore due to 4607 - what are my options?

Once 4607 passes - I think dealers will have to break the new law in order to sell them.
Buy now. Find a dealer that will sell Glocks.

Ya its no big deal just quit your job sell all your posessions and leave everything and everyone you know behind.
Yeah for sure. MA is known for its massive size. Moving to NH? That might be at least a 40 minute drive back to the old block [rofl]

Granted I did quit my job, sell most of my stuff and lose a pension over it so been there done it. Every time I see the SJW garbage that MA is still cooking up it makes losing that money a lot easier.

Mom and Dad both with serious medical issues that I take all responsibility for.
Is that trivial enough?

Like I said above, MA is a tiny state. Living out of MA is simple while still having to be in MA. The county I work in here in FL is larger than RI. That's just one county. If I want to leave FL I have to drive for over 6.5 hours on the highway. That's a long drive just to exit a state.

Getting from NH to MA is simple, especially when compared to how the rest of the country has to deal with interstate travel. Most people can't hop lines like people in MA/NH can.

"I can't leave MA due to [insert trivial reason here]!"

qq

Well, I've definitely had enough, personally. I'm going to wind up paying MA income tax and NH property taxes as I plan to keep my job for now. My commute will be an hour+ each way, which isn't ideal, but this MA situation has reached a point of absurdity. It's only going to get worse, IMO. Ridiculous unconstitutional laws, illegals, taxes, auto inspections, "green" bullshit, etc.

I don't care what other people do and I recognize that every situation is different, but I'm done with it. All of it. Massachusetts can be California all they want. I won't subject myself to it any longer.

Well, I've definitely had enough, personally. I'm going to wind up paying MA income tax and NH property taxes as I plan to keep my job for now. My commute will be an hour+ each way, which isn't ideal, but this MA situation has reached a point of absurdity. It's only going to get worse, IMO. Ridiculous unconstitutional laws, illegals, taxes, auto inspections, "green" bullshit, etc.

I don't care what other people do and I recognize that every situation is different, but I'm done with it. All of it. Massachusetts can be California all they want. I won't subject myself to it any longer.
Get out while you can. I don't know how people can be ok living there post covid especially

Bro, I know things are really bad right now.

But they're going to get way worse.

gtfo out while you still can

Because plastic and time aren't friends
It depends. Polymers seem to do better with time than early generation hard plastics like bakeline. Polycarbonate seems OK with age - my 1080's vintage Makita saws make of polycarb are not showing signs of age or brittleness.

I would be surprised to see a gen-anything Glock with age related breakdown of the plastic.

It depends. Polymers seem to do better with time than early generation hard plastics like bakeline. Polycarbonate seems OK with age - my 1080's vintage Makita saws make of polycarb are not showing signs of age or brittleness.

I would be surprised to see a gen-anything Glock with age related breakdown of the plastic.
Their magazines might surprise you...

"I can't leave MA due to [insert trivial reason here]!"

qq
For years I said I couldn't leave MA because I couldn't leave my family. Then I finally got sick enough of them that I just left. And things were good. Then they got sick enough of MA that they decided to leave MA too. But they followed me. And now here I am, still surrounded by ma**h***s. But I can buy and carry whatever I want. And that helps me cope.

Back
Top Bottom