• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glocks For 2024: G25 (380 compact) G28 (380 subcompact) + G29 & G30 Gen5

They are coming.
Don't want.
A G42 (380 slimline) is a wonderful shooter though.
These 380's are sure to be fun to shoot!
G 42 is a great shooter, shoots like a full size. Much better than the LCP sized 380

Attachments

• 0AED0309-ED50-4942-B0D4-6680E52F6BE3.jpeg
    0AED0309-ED50-4942-B0D4-6680E52F6BE3.jpeg
    824.5 KB · Views: 37
I think the glock .380 models are ideal for new shooters who want to carry a proven platform in a less hyper round , in a more full size handgun like the model 25 and 28.. not every thing that comes out in .380 needs to be pocket sized.. if the person develops better and decided to get a bigger caliber so be it now they have an extra pistol or can trade it. Imo

No mention of the G49?

17 length slide and 19 size frame.

I've cut down several 17s to 19 grip length and still have two more to do.

EDC Glock 17k.jpg

(I've also cut down a 21 to 30 grip length.)

Now Glock makes the Gen 5 G49.

I think the glock .380 models are ideal for new shooters who want to carry a proven platform in a less hyper round , in a more full size handgun like the model 25 and 28.. not every thing that comes out in .380 needs to be pocket sized.. if the person develops better and decided to get a bigger caliber so be it now they have an extra pistol or can trade it. Imo
I'm not opposed to larger size .380's, there will always be people who can't do or don't like 9mm recoil, but shouldn't be stuck with .380 in a pocket size gun. Enter stuff like the Besa Thunder Plus and Beretta 84. DA/SA isn't popular these days, so for strikers there's limited options, one being the Ruger Security 380.

The Glock will be better built than the Ruger and will be supported longer as Glock's been making those .380's for decades, but I still don't care for a straight blowback action if low recoil is what's desired.

Glock has announced the G50 Gen 5 in 50AE. It comes with two 22-round magazines and an optics-ready slide. You can get it in black or in tiger-stripe.

No mention of the G49?

17 length slide and 19 size frame.

I've cut down several 17s to 19 grip length and still have two more to do.

View attachment 842070

(I've also cut down a 21 to 30 grip length.)

Now Glock makes the Gen 5 G49.

Id like to get my hands on one, I've wanted a g19L for a while but never got around to chopping a 17.

I'd only be interested in the G30 but I already have a gen3 so it's not really worth it for me.

Id like to get my hands on one, I've wanted a g19L for a while but never got around to chopping a 17.
Kinda pedantic on my part, but the pistol never was a 19.

It is a 17 that has been cut down.

Some people refer to them as a 17K (kurz; German for short).

Even though the difference in sight radius between a 19 and 17 is only ~0.5", I shoot the 17 measurably better for some reason?

I also prefer the 17 finger grooves over the 19 finger grooves.

They are only slightly different, but I do prefer one over the other for the fit of my hand.

Glock G17 vs G19 Grip Frame.JPG

You guys with all these weird Glocks do you get confused figuring out which gun goes in which holster? 😆
I don't.

My 26, 19s, and 17Ks all fit the same holsters.

The holsters all index and retain on the trigger guard - differences in slide and grip length are immaterial.

I don't.

The holsters all index and retain on the trigger guard - differences in slide and grip length are immaterial.
My holsters all retain on the WML so differences in guns are immaterial

I don't.

Exactly, that's what I was implying in my previous post. My holster is g34 length. I can carry 26/27, 19/23, 17/24, 34/35 Glocks with one holster. That's one thing I like about Glocks, as well as mag compatibility between different models.

It's easy - color coded holsters. My double stack 9mm Glocks go in gray holsters; the .45 Glocks go into coyote holsters; my .40 Glocks go in green trash bins.

I’m not that organized. 😂 but I have just a G42, 43X and G19 gen 5 MOS (which doesn’t have a holster it’s still technically not a gun in Mass 😂)

Back
Top Bottom