Glock refusing to do business in MA?

Refusing leo sales? GOOD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

EXACTLY.

I've been saying this right from the beginning. Probably one of the only ways we're going to bury Healey - is if the gun manufacturers simply refuse to do business in MA - TO EVERYBODY (this means ALL LEO too).

Once that happens - internal political pressure will be applied up the chain of command and Healey *might* get told to back off.

The protests are simply not going to do it. She needs to be buried - and pissing off the LEO community gets us a LOT further towards that goal than almost anything else we could do.

I don't know why there's so many people who can't seem to clue into that fact.

I just went to a wake yesterday - and funeral today. Talked with a guy I know who is a prison guard in MA and we had a long discussion. I told him that I'm looking to sell off some of the stuff I have. He said to let him know - because he knows a bunch of guys - all who are LEO in some form or fashion - who are looking for stuff.

I crap on LEO too, but I don't truly believe they are ALL bad. In order for them to feel the same pain as a "civilian" though - the same arm twisting must be applied.

- - - Updated - - -

If true this is good news. If LEO starts to feel the hurt, they may bring pressure to begin backing off.

Repeat for emphasis and because I like to beat dead horses: Been saying this from the beginning. It's nice that people are finally starting to clue in.

Not enough..... if there is a large percent of them serious about their pledge to defend and up hold the Constitution they should petition their chiefs to deny helping the AG and her un constitutional and abuse of power.

Sometimes people need a reason to stand up and make a stink.

The Illary health issue is a good case in point. We've been hearing for months now about her health problems. The MSM has been denying - denying - denying. So people kept going along fat dumb and happy. Then all of a sudden - she craps out yesterday at the 9/11 event and the shit goes viral. Now the whole paradigm has changed.

People need to learn how to work this shit better. As long as most LEO are not DIRECTLY affected - the best you're going to get is maybe some half-assed sympathy and griping. You have a get a real troublemaker to get more than that. And many organizations wash those people out. But get enough people most of the way there to outright dissent - and then give them an outstanding reason to turn that dissent dial up to 11 - and now you've got a shitstorm on your hands.

This is simply the way things work. You see it over and over and over again in the pages of history. The German generals not making any serious attempt to kill Hitler until it became plainly obvious the war was not going their way is another extremely famous example.

Lay the groundwork. Keep up pressure. Educate and inform citizens and LEO. Tweak the system and piss off the tyrants so they make a mistake. Talk to people in the gun industry - and be patient. Sooner or later maybe Healey will do something that will finally convince the manufacturers to completely shut off MA (including LEO) - then the LEO community will have their casus belli to get rid of her.

Sometimes people need a reason to stand up and make a stink.

The Illary health issue is a good case in point. We've been hearing for months now about her health problems. The MSM has been denying - denying - denying. So people kept going along fat dumb and happy. Then all of a sudden - she craps out yesterday at the 9/11 event and the shit goes viral. Now the whole paradigm has changed.

People need to learn how to work this shit better. As long as most LEO are not DIRECTLY affected - the best you're going to get is maybe some half-assed sympathy and griping. You have a get a real troublemaker to get more than that. And many organizations wash those people out. But get enough people most of the way there to outright dissent - and then give them an outstanding reason to turn that dissent dial up to 11 - and now you've got a shitstorm on your hands.

This is simply the way things work. You see it over and over and over again in the pages of history. The German generals not making any serious attempt to kill Hitler until it became plainly obvious the war was not going their way is another extremely famous example.

Lay the groundwork. Keep up pressure. Educate and inform citizens and LEO. Tweak the system and piss off the tyrants so they make a mistake. Talk to people in the gun industry - and be patient. Sooner or later maybe Healey will do something that will finally convince the manufacturers to completely shut off MA (including LEO) - then the LEO community will have their casus belli to get rid of her.

^This a thousand times over. +1

So I just tried to order a Glock from my distributor

And.........
924ce88d849f912ff42abc1791da9ee8.jpg

Pretty sure Lipseys doesn't do Blue Label. Commercial Glocks are locked down from many distributors for MA, even some of the Blue Label stocking ones.

This won't work with one manufacturer. You need ALL of the pistol manf's to stand in unity. Something they aren't smart enough to do. Glock, S&W, Beretta, FN, H&K, Ruger, etc., All of them. (Ditto for Colt, Remmy, etc and "ass-halt weapons.")Leave the police no alternative but a bag of rocks. Amazingly, the AG will turn tail pretty quick when every officer is clamoring for their favorite firearm.

This won't work with one manufacturer. You need ALL of the pistol manf's to stand in unity. Something they aren't smart enough to do. Glock, S&W, Beretta, FN, H&K, Ruger, etc., All of them. (Ditto for Colt, Remmy, etc and "ass-halt weapons.")Leave the police no alternative but a bag of rocks. Amazingly, the AG will turn tail pretty quick when every officer is clamoring for their favorite firearm.

It's gonna start somewhere. it's not like they can get together (colluding to deprive the consumer of purchasing options) or the AG will get super pissed at them.

Read LenS's post #58. Read it a few more times. Guns are appliances to them, there's not going to be any "clamoring". Also you don't understand how the industry works... all of those manufs can blockade, but it doesn't matter, because of indirect distribution. Someone will just make a lot of money being the 3rd or 4th middleman selling guns to PDs in shit states.

Look at the garbage NYPD puts up with (900 pound triggers). If the cops as a collective didn't go ape over that alone, what makes you think they're going to care about carrying a different brand of gun, etc? The "worst" thing that this does is it makes the guns more expensive for the police departments, but in a commie state like MA, etc, they're pretty used to burning up cash anyways.

I think you guys are lost in the sense that you think that all cops are, generically "gun people. " They're not. Most of them don't give a shit. There are obviously some PDs that buck the trend, but there are plenty of others that don't. The gun guys I know that are cops are good people, but they are a minority, particularly in this part of the country.

I realize the "Boycott Everything" solution sounds cool, but it doesn't pan out well in reality.

-Mike

I'm not so sure. I'm pretty confident that if the gun manf's wanted to, they could shut out guns to MA. Basically tell stocking dealers if one of their guns ends up on a police dept (and we aren't talking single-purchase here. We are talking major restocking of BPD and others), they lose their stocking dealer designation. Again, if ALL of the manf's did this, no one would sell to the MA police immediately. It's just like Muuuaaaarrraahhhh doing the whole "well, I deduced it's illegal so don't do it or I might just prosecute you. . . . . look, they all agree that I'm right because no one is transacting AW business."

I know it's a pipe dream. Companies (which, by extension, are people) do what is in their immediate best interest without ever (rarely?) looking at what their actions would do down the road.

I'm not so sure. I'm pretty confident that if the gun manf's wanted to, they could shut out guns to MA. Basically tell stocking dealers if one of their guns ends up on a police dept (and we aren't talking single-purchase here. We are talking major restocking of BPD and others), they lose their stocking dealer designation.

Do you really think the old guys in golf carts that own those distribution companies are going to go for that? [rofl]

It's trivial for anyone to get around this, all they have to do is buy guns from other dealers. Contracturally what you are suggesting can't really be enforced. How can a distributor be held liable if the product legally changes hands another 2 or 3 times? [laugh] Good luck with that. Some guy with an 01FFL can get enough guns to outfit a PD in a days worth of work on gunbroker, and probably get compensated handsomely for it. Hell even if he had to drive around and just buy guns with his 01, he could probably do it in a few days. The "blockaded" PD will just end up paying more for the product.

Things would be different if the manufs all sold direct. Then more control over the product could be exerted, but the way the system is now? Risitas laughs at your idea.

-Mike

Do you really think the old guys in golf carts that own those distribution companies are going to go for that? [rofl]

It's trivial for anyone to get around this, all they have to do is buy guns from other dealers. Contracturally what you are suggesting can't really be enforced. How can a distributor be held liable if the product legally changes hands another 2 or 3 times? [laugh] Good luck with that. Some guy with an 01FFL can get enough guns to outfit a PD in a days worth of work on gunbroker, and probably get compensated handsomely for it. Hell even if he had to drive around and just buy guns with his 01, he could probably do it in a few days. The "blockaded" PD will just end up paying more for the product.

Things would be different if the manufs all sold direct. Then more control over the product could be exerted, but the way the system is now? Risitas laughs at your idea.

-Mike

It is my understanding that PD's pay severely under-market-rate for their firearms. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy paying full freight in order to avoid the ban.

And I can dream, DAMMIT! I CAN DREAM! [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom