Getting "tactical" at the range...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really mind Nutnfancy too much. I find his videos a combination of a train wreck meshed together with elevator music and an annoying down syndrome kid that his parents can't keep quiet out in public.

You can't help yourself giving him your attention and then before it is too late, you have the overwhelming wanting to perform Seppuku on yourself.

His 40 min "reviews" on gear and firearms that he hasn't tested personally is my main problem with him.

I'm mostly just jealous that people can run through the desert shooting at stuff. [smile]

We need a desrt in New England.

When I was a kid we had full access to swamps, forests, streams, sand pits, cement pits, and a dump. They were alternately Vietnam, the Russian Front, Iraq, Normady, the Ardennes, and the post-apocalyptic future.

When SHTF, I'm just calling together my old neighborhood buddies and saying, "Boys, we're 12 years old again".

Except we'll have more ammo this time.

When I was a kid we had full access to swamps, forests, streams, sand pits, cement pits, and a dump. They were alternately Vietnam, the Russian Front, Iraq, Normady, the Ardennes, and the post-apocalyptic future.

When SHTF, I'm just calling together my old neighborhood buddies and saying, "Boys, we're 12 years old again".

and beer.

They show up every once in a while. A couple of years back I was up at MFL with a friend and a couple of tacti-tards came in with drop leg holsters. We cleared out when the Rambo Juniors started sweeping the range with their muzzles and rapidfiring without ever coming close to hitting paper.

You're a DIRTY STINKING LIAR Steph. [wink]

No one ever sweeps the entire range at MFL but an employee immediately comes out and disciplines them. I know this, because when I complained of it on this forum, the owner PM'd me and called me a liar. His range is ALWAYS safe, and his employees are NEVER less than 1000% pro-active.[rolleyes]

Great shared memories. -The only problem is that everyone will say "But Janet has a recital in the evening and my arthritis is killin me! Couldn't we just go plink at the tables at Harvard and pretend we're shooting Japs?"

Don't we have one? I thought Roxbury counted. [wink]

Only time I go to the range these days is to test/chrono ammo. And even then, I almost always seem to come across some FUDD/Range Nazi/Mall Ninja/Airsoft Warrior/Cowboy/Bullseye/Black Powder/Tactikewl type (select any one of these) that seems to think they are some kind of expert in all things gun related and just can't accept that I don't set up a target while using a chronograph, or shoot only 10 rounds at a time, or shoot those 10 rounds too quickly, or not fast enough, or [insert something else I'm not doing right here]. Every other range visit I will hear at some point or other: "You know, you really should have a target set up when you're doing that....", etc. My typical range visits are less than 30 minutes and many times I'm in and out in less than 20 minutes and that includes chrono set up and take down. I don't go and shoot for practice or pleasure any more...go figure...

You and I shoot in a similar fashion when checking loads. The times I got the most comments were when I had the portable press in my truck and adjusted my heavy bullet 9MM loads to get power factor.

Everyone goes to a range for different reasons. Some pay membership to go one time a year and zero their deer rifle. Some join to play games, and some for the social aspect.

When I go, I am usually the only one there. when people come, I leave. I am not looking for company or to be told how to shoot.

I don't have anything against someone showing up in full TNPer attire. To each its own. I'll be honest though, I would get a chuckle out of it.
I know that the mall ninja would also get a chuckle of seeing me shooting at a target without doing side rolls. Fair enough.

I just want to make some silly steel targets go down as fast as possible...

Sooo, did we ever get a definition of "TNPer"?

TNP stands for The Nutnfancy Project. If you don't know who that is...I don't know what to say. A "TNPer" is someone who religiously follows Nutnfancy's desert escapades and hangs on his every word.

So here's the question....if this is my first time hearing about this whole TnP thing, do people still make fun of me for being a "TnPer" when I wear my carrier to the range?

So here's the question....if this is my first time hearing about this whole TnP thing, do people still make fun of me for being a "TnPer" when I wear my carrier to the range?

I'd probably just ask what kind of rig you have. I have no "tactical nylon". I've never used it in training, so I've never bothered to buy any of it. I wouldn't know the first thing about selecting or buying it.

If they do, eff 'em. Be safe and shoot the way you want.

This. We get enough of that from non shooters judging us in our past time.

TNP is alright. He does get pretty long winded and I'm a little to A.D.D to sit through a full length video. His SHOT Show vids were kinda cool, but other than that, im not real big into extended random gear reviews.

Last edited:
So if anyone wants to put on all their battle-rattle and come shoot with people who won't judge, check out the Excrutiathlon at Monadnock Rod and Gun. Info available via the link in my sig.

Last edited:
Jesus,sounds like L.A.R.Ping.

Jesus would approve.
Jesus-AR15.jpg

I hope I am not a TnPer I sometimes use a tactical bag at the range . My gf does not like to shoot so I have her hold my extra mags and gear when I am shooting

I've never done it but I'd like to try it for fun. I just don't have the money to buy all that stuff. Hell, I tried cowboy shooting and that was fun. And, I sure aint no cowboy. I imagine tactical style shooting would be fun too. And, I sure aint no tactical operator.
geardo.jpg

Oh boy.....why use cover when you can lay down in the open and run straight at an opponent. I dont get this stuff. If these clown want to be military, enlist. Or is this how idiots secure their village.

I dont get this stuff. If these clown want to be military, enlist. Or is this how idiots secure their village.

Yes, because clearly the only people that need these skills are .gov employees.

It is our responsibility as free men to ensure we have the skills, equipment, fortitude and determination to remain as such.

To each their own. So long as they're not endangering me at the range, I could care less what games they want to play.

The only concession I've been willing to make to 'tacticool' is finally trying out a drop holster at work. They struck me as goofy as hell, so I always resisted, but you know what? It turns out they're REALLY comfy as hell, I can use the armrests now with a belt on, and they're MUCH faster than my old thumb break (it's the one I was used to, and quickest with, and I'd just plain had it a while and liked it, and didn't like the complicated secondary retention systems. I think this one's a Safariland, but even with the rolling hood and secondary lever thingy, it's faster than my old thumb break. Very well designed, very intuitive to use.) I still think it's goofy as hell, but it's also comfortable and useful as hell.

Yes, because clearly the only people that need these skills are .gov employees.

It is our responsibility as free men to ensure we have the skills, equipment, fortitude and determination to remain as such.

This. Why is it that only the guys that have "been there and done that" are the only ones that can train like that without being labeled tactiqueer? Im guilty of running a chest rig, yet I haven't been anywhere or done anything. But like atmay points out, we have a responsibility to be proficient. Whats the use in having an AR platform, or any firearm for that matter, and not know how to use it efficiently. Ill let you know when i figure that part out [wink]

Besides, all the girlies say I'm pretty fly.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I've ever seen anything weirder than someone wearing clothing designed to be worn while shooting, while they were shooting.

I really don't care what other people do, but back in the day, our tactical gear was a web belt. We didn't have cool gloves and knee pads or sunglasses etc. I would have liked all that stuff now that I think about it.

Guys can wear what ever they want to the range, but I can not promise I won't laugh. And I am telling you right now, if your a fat man (like me) and start doing shoulder rolls, I am gonna piss myself laughing.

Last edited:
Hey, for all you younger guys remember that you're one signature away from being in the military; like it or not, you might as well be ready. [wink]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom