Getting "tactical" at the range...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really have anything wrong with it. Those of you who think that because some people know how to proficiently use their rifles they will some how be better off.... Well I personally tend to wonder what those same super awesome people are compensating for when they neglected to ever serve in the armed forces or in any position which would truly put them in a dangerous situation, or a situation in which trusting somebody else with your life, your real life, is as regular an occurrence as taking a breath. Some of these people may very well be exceptional doing stuff from the Magpul DVD and a couple carbine courses, that covers about 5% of whats needed to survive their fantasy of a bad day.

A well armed populace of pussies is only marginally better than an unarmed populace. I'll take some guy who hasn't touched a gun since Vietnam over any magpul fanboy, because I know they know what it means to watch a corner for you.

Sorry for the rant

Mike

Last edited:
Most of these people who are training at the range are not training to protect your back, they are training to protect their family. whats wrong with people preparing to use their firearms they arent 'playing' as you seem to think.

This. I'm not compensating for anything. I have people who depend on me, and ill be damned if I'm not going to do everything I can to make sure they're OK.

If you think an unconditional, indomitable will to protect and provide for those I care about is somehow related to my "neglect" to serve in the army, I have some beautiful waterfront property in Florida for sale........

Training is different than some of the clowns I see at the range (not counting training for competitions). You know who you are. That's all I'll say, because others here haven't come out to say it. I KNOW (from talking to plenty of people) that many who play with all that stuff (and yes it is playing in a lot of cases) have some twisted fantasy that they are going to be fighting some ground war in the United States. I find people playing soldier with real guns laughable, you wind up with winners like the multicam gun-show contractors.

There is nothing wrong with preparing yourself to fend for your family, but I only buy that excuse up until a certain point. There is nothing wrong with having fun, working at a skill, or yes, training to protect your family, but I will forever be amused by the magpul heroes, all too many of whom I've met. I'll also say I have no issue with those who don't serve, but don't talk to me like you laugh in the face of danger.

Mike

Last edited:
You can tell very fast who knows what they are doing and who just watches YouTube and MagPul a little too much. If you're not sure, strike up a conversation...some times listening to them is better then Comedy Central.
But as long as they don't do anything stupid or overly "tactical" then let them be. You might pick up a good idea from them, or a what-not-to-do.

I personally enjoy "teaching my friends a thing or two" when it comes to MOUT, fire and manuever, and battle drills at their range. The best are the "what if"s; because, the answer is usually "Your battle buddy better be awake" or "You die." It's suprisingly not much different than teaching a group of E nothings what they should have learned already. It is also just as gratifying when they finally get it.

People have alot of fun playing at war; and as long as they're safe I have alot of fun explaining it to them. Usually they realize that it's alot more forceful and violent than they think... Especially MOUT, definately my favorite (For the first four buildings).

Training is different than some of the clowns I see at the range (not counting training for competitions). You know who you are. That's all I'll say, because others here haven't come out to say it. I KNOW (from talking to plenty of people) that many who play with all that stuff (and yes it is playing in a lot of cases) have some twisted fantasy that they are going to be fighting some ground war in the United States. I find people playing soldier with real guns laughable, you wind up with winners like the multicam gun-show contractors.

There is nothing wrong with preparing yourself to fend for your family, but I only buy that excuse up until a certain point.

"Excuse?" Why should anyone have to justify their preparedness to you?

I realize there are a lot of mall ninjas out there... but "mall ninjas being tards at the range bloviating/blowing smoke about 1300 yard headshots" shouldn't preclude normal people from getting gear and learning how to use it properly, and sometimes taking advanced courses that some may frown upon. Then again, the "normal" people who know how to use their gear don't go running around telling everyone about it, either. (like the "gun show contractors" do), so it's pretty easy to see why you have your viewpoint.

-Mike

Originally Posted by dennism
Most of these people who are training at the range are not training to protect your back, they are training to protect their family. whats wrong with people preparing to use their firearms they arent 'playing' as you seem to think.

Well said!
Rep sent.

I'm surrounded by the mall ninja's and FUDDs every time I go unless it's the middle of the night. It sucks. I don't care what they look like or what they are doing (as long as they are not shooting at me) but they NEVER F@CKING LEAVE YOU ALONE. Always have opposing comments about why X gun is too much for/not enough for, what you need to do etc. I'm sure at this point I have the reputation of an a**h*** as I tell them to to go away.

If someone is practicing whatever and they are not endangering me I'm a OK with it. As fencer said though it can be comical. :)

I'm surrounded by the mall ninja's and FUDDs every time I go unless it's the middle of the night. It sucks. I don't care what they look like or what they are doing (as long as they are not shooting at me) but they NEVER F@CKING LEAVE YOU ALONE. Always have opposing comments about why X gun is too much for/not enough for, what you need to do etc. I'm sure at this point I have the reputation of an a**h*** as I tell them to to go away.

If someone is practicing whatever and they are not endangering me I'm a OK with it. As fencer said though it can be comical. :)

Well....an annoying a**h*** is an annoying a**h***. Don't matter if they're wearing tweed, multicam, or jeans and a tshirt.

The rule at our range, is that you must be naked if you are wearing tactical gear.

Nobody needs to justify anything to me, but if you think your oakley boots and 5.11 pants in light tan are going to do anything more than making you look like a tool at the range, you're a moron, unless maybe you live in the high desert. And again, some of you may be training to protect your families, but some of you clearly think you are going to be the key player in the next revolution. Im not saying there aren't well rounded self taught shooters out there, but they are few and far between.

Mike

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

That's it, I am buying a chest rig to go along with my tactitroll AK because of this thread. Just one question, what kind makes everyone freak out more? I want to make sure it is most effective.

Some of you guys take yourselves way to seriously.

That's it, I am buying a chest rig to go along with my tactitroll AK because of this thread. Just one question, what kind makes everyone freak out more? I want to make sure it is most effective.

I'm a fan of airsoftwebgear.com

Its cheap, but its like the best stuff EEEVVVAAARRR. I've played like, 30 matches with it and it still holds all my pellets.

Ed,
Let me know if they have a bullet proof set up for dogs. I'm thinking of getting one for dad with all the dog shootings. [rolleyes]

Ed,
Let me know if they have a bullet proof set up for dogs. I'm thinking of getting one for dad with all the dog shootings. [rolleyes]

I will keep an eye out, if we find one with some MOLLEE webbing, you could throw a a few mag pouches on his rig, and have him augment your fighting load out.

Yes I would. The more pockets the better so he can carry his own treats and water supply. Bullet proof is a MUST. May even get him a helmet.

If they do can you let me know if it comes in Newfoundland size? My dog would be one terrifying sight with a bunch of that stuff all over her as she turns over so you can scratch her belly. :)

Just so you guys know....there are a few companies out there that make web gear for dogs. The good (custom) stuff is crazy expensive, though. Like CRAZY expensive.

If they do can you let me know if it comes in Newfoundland size? My dog would be one terrifying sight with a bunch of that stuff all over her as she turns over so you can scratch her belly. :)

Will do. You want it in Blaze orange also for hunting season?

Just so you guys know....there are a few companies out there that make web gear for dogs. The good (custom) stuff is crazy expensive, though. Like CRAZY expensive.

Like buying a bolt at a "Marine" store vs. at a hardware store?

Like buying a bolt at a "Marine" store vs. at a hardware store?

Exactly like that.

http://www.combatk9.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=APC

APC-2.jpg

Will do. You want it in Blaze orange also for hunting season?

We could make it reversible, Blaze on one side, and ninjacam on the other. That way it is dual purpose, good for a hunting trip AND the revolution. We might have just cornered a new market with that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom