Getting "tactical" at the range...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hit the range Saturday with some co-workers and there was a couple guys there wearing the molle vests all decked out w/spare mags and a chest-mounted pistol etc. with their ARs slung behind their backs, this seemed just a bit out of the ordinary for the gun range, but it wasn't the first time i'd noticed it.

is this something that you guys see/do from time to time?

as far as range safety is concerned, this was at Pelham Fish and Game and was on one of the action ranges, but it still seemed a tad weird to me.

Either they were "real" operators or just a bunch of guys wishing they were "real" operators. Either way to each their own. I don't see the fun in rolling around doing all kinds of "tactical" stuff, but whatever floats your boat. I'll cut to the chase. I'm too damn lazy, broken and old to do that stuff any more.

I haven't encountered anything like that before and I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they were being safe. I've thought about getting a vest for myself but I realized my money is better off being spent on other things.

just be sure to GTFO of there! if a Gay-For-AKs tactician shows up with their tactical orange life jackets, shower sandals, and 2012 Patriots Super Bowl Champions t-shirts.

Because you'll get caught up in a verbal tiff which will end in a apocalyptic slap fight.

I didn't know anything outside of bullseye shooting was bad.... Guess i need to rethink my chest rig choices. [laugh].

ain't nothin wrong with doing something other than your typical square-range stuff.

Just some good ole ribbing. TnPers make it too easy sometimes though lol.

Forget blackhawk 5.11 or Eagle. 10, 15 bucks at an Army Navy store for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i don't think it's bad, like i said it just seemed a tad out of the ordinary at the moment...i just wanted to get opinions.

Doing a little tac stuff among friends is no big deal, as long as its safe gun play. I have never ran around in a full kit unless it was a set shoot among friends in a controlled environment.

If they were serious about shooting, they probably would have reserved the range IMO. [laugh].

Did they have a camera and oakleys?

i don't think it's bad, like i said it just seemed a tad out of the ordinary at the moment...i just wanted to get opinions.
They show up every once in a while. A couple of years back I was up at MFL with a friend and a couple of tacti-tards came in with drop leg holsters. We cleared out when the Rambo Juniors started sweeping the range with their muzzles and rapidfiring without ever coming close to hitting paper.

i hit the range Saturday with some co-workers and there was a couple guys there wearing the molle vests all decked out w/spare mags and a chest-mounted pistol etc. with their ARs slung behind their backs, this seemed just a bit out of the ordinary for the gun range, but it wasn't the first time i'd noticed it.

is this something that you guys see/do from time to time?

as far as range safety is concerned, this was at Pelham Fish and Game and was on one of the action ranges, but it still seemed a tad weird to me.

Did one of them look like he'd had a stroke, and talk non-stop while calling everyone "Dude?" Did you hear names like "Doodle-bug" or "Fart Smeller?"

I think I've seen their videos.

I don't use that kind of gear, personally, but I have seen people use it in USPSA matches. I assumed they were, or are in, the service or LE. FINE BY ME!

There is nothing wrong with using gear to train as you would fight.... Whether its a holster, spare mag pouch or a full kit.

My personal problem is the douche bags that want to look cool / mall ninjas... Those types are the ones to get themselves killed first.... They just want to look the part. [laugh].

Was it this "guy"?

portly-warrior.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom