Friend of mine involved in home invasion

I like to offer to take new people shooting, and i've done this with a number of coworkers over the years.

A few years back i took a friend and coworker to the range, and he was immediately hooked. A few months later i sold him his first firearm, a Bushmaster 16" AR. I also reloaded some of his old brass with a nice soft point 5.56 load, specifically for home defense.

He lives in a bachelor pad in a mediocre area with a lot of good night life, and he has had some issues in the past (a stabbing took place against the side of his house last year). His rent is cheap and he's putting a lot of time and money into building what appears like it will be a very successful business in the next 2 years, so it works for now.

Well, a couple weeks ago at around 130am someone kicked his door down and came into his apartment. My buddy grabbed his rifle and found the guy in his kitchen, looking through the drawers.

I can only assume the guy was looking for a knife if the first stop was the kitchen drawers, but there is a decent line of sight from the bedroom to the kitchen, the guy was not yet armed and immediately put his hands up, apologized and attempted to leave. My buddy didn't pull the trigger, as it was not yet a dire situation and while we do have a castle doctrine, it would not be a simple clean shoot.

Now, i have some hilarious friends, and this is one of them. He wants absolutely no involvement with police in his life whatsoever, so he doesn't want to call the cops, but this guy owes him for the lock he just destroyed and he's not going anywhere until he makes it right.

So, my buddy sits the guy down on his living room couch, demands his wallet, takes his cash (a whopping $60), and throws the guy out of his house. [rofl]

Now that's not how i would handle it, but it's pretty damn funny, and another one of the millions of undocumented defensive gun uses.

great, if true, half the scum bags in town now know where they can get a free AR, although if he shot him he would lose the AR sooner. i guess its a win.

I can see half of NES doing this................

I also see the other half cleaning intestinal matter off their kitchen cabinets.

Funny if true .

It's true. His GF and roommate were both there when it happened, and I would certainly have no reason to make it up.

I was in disbelief when he told me he took the guy's money, but he's the kind of laid back guy who absolutely do something like that and call it good.

Reminds me of when one of my friends was showing up commenting on a string of pictures on their friends wall... essentially someone broke into a house a bunch of guys were drinking in and they hog tied this dude with lamp cords and called the cops. I remember the series of pictures being pretty amusing.

And I definitely would have called the po-po. Maybe save myself down the road... or maybe someone else.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Reminds me of when one of my friends was showing up commenting on a string of pictures on their friends wall... essentially someone broke into a house a bunch of guys were drinking in and they hog tied this dude with lamp cords and called the cops. I remember the series of pictures being pretty amusing.

And I definitely would have called the po-po. Maybe save myself down the road... or maybe someone else.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

There was a guy in mass who got in Trouble for holding a burglar till the cops showed up.

taking $$ from desperate thief means then allowing them to leave?
this does nothing but prompt the desperate thief to rob more people....theyre desperate for drug $$. their actions make clear thought isnt straight.

I enjoyed that story. Not sure I would have let him go. Maybe take his $ and then still hand him over the cops. [laugh]

You're only upset that you didn't think of it first. Plus, I don't think grammar rules dictate the use of a period after an emoticon.

taking $$ from desperate thief means then allowing them to leave?
this does nothing but prompt the desperate thief to rob more people....theyre desperate for drug $$. their actions make clear thought isnt straight.
what junkie has cash in his pocket unless he is making a bee line to his dealer?

what junkie has cash in his pocket unless he is making a bee line to his dealer?

Thats my point. Now junky has no cash = more crime on schedule.

funniest part of war on drugs is that junkies have to commit more crimes due to rising drug costs.

Back
Top Bottom