Friend of mine involved in home invasion

pXanxxK.jpg

Could someone list some felonies in MA that would permit a citizen's arrest or detainment at gunpoint?

I'm guessing from some responses that home invasion isn't one.

If I'm not mistaken, the perp has to be convicted of the felony, not just charged?

Honestly I have a hard time believing this story lol

I don't .
There are a lot of people who have no desire to involve LE in their lives.
I may or may not [wink] know a guy who made some idiot who tried to rob him give him his drivers license.
Then told him "Now I know who you are and where you live." "Now take a F*cking hike."

Just highlighting the downside of:

1. Showing a burglar you own guns,
  2. fleecing them out of $60,
  3. cutting them loose with no idea of who they are is.

Just highlighting the upside:

1. Showing a burgler he broke into the exact wrong house.
2. Asking him politely at gunpoint to pay for the damages he caused
breaking in.
3. Cutting him loose with him knowing you're a crazy motherfu(ker who doesn't give a fu(k about calling the police.

So...a scumbag, that has scumbag friends, now knows there is a gun in the house.

If this story is true, how long until they break in when your buddy is not home?

I believe this story. Similar incident happened to my best friend when he was at Northeastern.

You just don't want cops involved. They will ruin your whole life.

I'll take criminals for 1000 any day, Alex,

ETA: I arrived 10 minutes after it happened and saw the busted door. That was a really fun night. In some ways. In others, not so fun for the 2 guys who did it. At least I don't think they had fun.

Last edited:
Did anyone catch this part of the cops action's . Me thinks the officer plays too much COD[rofl]

Sgt. Blais Tersoni drew his own weapon, as well as his Taser, and ordered the first man to drop the gun, which he did.

LOL, perfect!

Add me to the not calling the cops crowd. Only reason I would call the cops here is if there is a significant insurance claim involved and I will need a police report for the claim. I have lived in other locales where the cops would NEVER do anything to trip you up and boost their bust log when you needed help.

Case in point: recent car break-in. No significant damage beyond my deductible, so I warned the neighbors and tried to be a little more vigilant. That's it. With a Rott, GSD, and lab in the house I doubt I'd ever face the OP's friend's scenario.

For those of you who live sheltered lives stuff like this happens everyday. Little interactions like this are not reported to the police.

As far as I am concerned 60.00 was merely compensation that the guy voluntarily paid for accidentally destroying your friends door when he mistakenly went into the apartment thinking it was his own and having forgotten his keys.

For those stalwart upstanding but totally ignorant supporters of Law and Order who say you shouldn't have let him go, now he will burgle or rob someone else this would how it would play: guy goes before judge takes a plea, gets a wrist slap and is out faster than you can say I Love Barack Obama and is reoffending maybe while on bail or probation/parole. What's the point, a junkie offender is a junkie offender = recidivist. Nothins gonna change until we end the idiotic WOD.

Back
Top Bottom