Friend got out of jail this week...so we went to the range

I got word that he got out a little early, so I went down to pick him up at the jail.

Turns out they let him out after only 98 days. Maybe time off for good behavior.

ncavqr.jpg

Didn't look any different for the experience.

ivzngp.jpg

Looks like he got a jailhouse tattoo...

bg2um0.jpg

At least they gave him a nice suit...

2vdp6cg.jpg

He looked pretty good. Slim.

1p7yxe.jpg

I think he lost some weight on jailhouse food...

2niuof8.jpg

I immediately introduced him to an Austrian friend. They bonded.

8xn314.jpg

So we packed up some Georgia Arms Canned Heat 147gr FMJ and headed to the range.

Brought some German friends, too.

30ib0jn.jpg

2zgfbxj.jpg

Despite the rain, we had a great range day.

Overall impression: this is a very light, surprisingly quiet can. You hardly feel it out there on the barrel. Less than 9 oz, it's so damn light I'm surprised it needs a booster. That's only an ounce heavier than my damn .22LR Spectre II. At just $367, this was a steal. I should have bought two.

No malfunctions of any kind with any of the three hosts. They were unfazed by the can being out there. A bit more blowback from the P226 than either the P225 or Glock 19. Not offensive, but noticeable.

I don't have suppressor sights on any of my 9mm hosts, but I was able to drop steel plates (8" @ 15 yrds) all day, and I could ring the plate at 25 yards (8") at will by using the sights "through" the can. I'm not sure if I'll get tall sights or not.

Timeline:
Bought online (Quiet Riot Firearms) 11/22/14
Form 3 Approved: 1/28/15
Received at local FFL: 1/30/15
Form 4 filed: 2/6/16
Form 4 approved: 5/15/15
Form 4 received at FFL: 5/27/15

Last edited:
Haha nice one...only comenting because it will drive the "clickbait" crowd crazy.

Sweet! Someday very soon, I will be able to own practical stuff like that once I get out of Moonbat Central!

What! Your friend had nothing to say? I guess he is The quiet type.

Last edited:
Easily a 10/10 post. Definitely not what I was expecting! Well done! Now if we could only get suppressors as mere commonwealth peasants.

Damn I'm jealous.

And I'm still amazed at the absurdity of requiring 6 months of federal paper pushing just to buy something that makes shooting less offensive to the neighbors.

Damn I'm jealous.

And I'm still amazed at the absurdity of requiring 6 months of federal paper pushing just to buy something that makes shooting less offensive to the neighbors.

contrast this with many European countries (with much worse gun laws than the US) where suppressors are sold over the counter and actually encouraged because they reduce hearing damage and noise pollution.

Damn I'm jealous.

It's amazing the degree to which "culture" has demonized suppressors, not just among the general public, but among "gun people," too.

I can't tell you how many times I've been at the (very non-Fudd) range shooting with a can and one of the other shooters will ask, in a hushed, conspiratorial voice, what I consider the be the dumbest question on Earth:

"OMG! Is that legal?"

What exactly is the expected answer? "No, but it'll be just our secret?" "No, but I'm hoping no one notices?" "OMG, you noticed! Now I have to kill you?"

I just shake my head and say, "Just shoot this, and you'll be an accessory."

It's amazing the degree to which "culture" has demonized suppressors, not just among the general public, but among "gun people," too.

I can't tell you how many times I've been at the (very non-Fudd) range shooting with a can and one of the other shooters will ask, in a hushed, conspiratorial voice, what I consider the be the dumbest question on Earth:

"OMG! Is that legal?"

What exactly is the expected answer? "No, but it'll be just our secret?" "No, but I'm hoping no one notices?" "OMG, you noticed! Now I have to kill you?"

I just shake my head and say, "Just shoot this, and you'll be an accessory."

[laugh2]Awesome responses![rofl]

Back
Top Bottom