Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

Just transferred a Sig into Mass. from Missouri throught FS. The process was a little involved, but Carl took care of everything. Thanks! Oh yeah, I walked in to get a transfer and ended up also putting down $350 on a new Bushmaster M4. [rockon] I'M ADDICTED TO GUNS!!!

This is the sort of thing that happens when dealers treat transfers as business opportunities, rather than viewing such transactions as attempts to cheat them out of margin.

+5 for Carl and his boys at FS.

That's for the 5th buy I just got, my "post-election" "pre-ban^2" AR-15!

happy holidays,
Chuck

Four Seasons is the best. Prices, selection and customer service are top-notch. Very helpful with everything. I don't get up there as much as I'd like but whenever I do I can't help but want to touch evry gun in the place. Great folks at FS Guns!!!

While I've never been to FS, one of my students has. He called me to ask me a question about something he was told, so I'm putting it here. Maybe someone can straighten out FS and what someone is telling folks.

Student called me. He got a 9mm compact from someone he knows. Before buying it, he wanted to take it to the range to try it out to make sure he was comfie firing it. He went to FS to see what they were charging for like guns. He evidently got a decent deal on it. However, while talking to whomever it was behind the counter - they told him he couldn't carry his friends gun on him even though said student has an ALP Class A.

Excuse me? As long as he's got a valid and equal license to the gun, he most certainly can "borrow" it to take it to the range. He didn't know who the person was, so I don't have a name, however, whoever it was shouldn't be telling folks stuff like that without knowing if it's the valid or not.

FWIW...

My only complaint with FS is that their used gun website is way out of date. I went up there last Saturday with cash in my wallet to buy one of the two Ruger Mark IIs that they had listed. I walked in and asked about them only to be told that they had been sold. Fair enough, I should have called ahead. I figured that someone had bought them in the week after Christmas and whoever does the website just hadn't updated it yet.

Imagine my surprise when I looked just now and saw the same two pistols still listed with the update date being today.

If they are going to have a website, they should at least try to make a minimal effort to keep it current.

Gary

+1

Great place. But, the S&W 1911 I bought on Saturday is still listed, as well as the lower cost one they sold last week. I had to be very careful and verify the one I bought was truly there before I committed to the ride out there.

My only complaint with FS is that their used gun website is way out of date. I

Funny, my AR was off the list fast, I checked the next morning out of curiosity. I think I recall the last purchase was also removed real fast but I'm not sure when. I would have thought it was automated with the inventory control db; guess not. That or the Ruger's really weren't sold yet...

-= chuck

Funny, my AR was off the list fast, I checked the next morning out of curiosity. I think I recall the last purchase was also removed real fast but I'm not sure when. I would have thought it was automated with the inventory control db; guess not. That or the Ruger's really weren't sold yet...

-= chuck

I checked with two people, one pointed to a case and told me if they still had them they would be in it, the other said that they were definitely sold. Just a correction on the date, it was last Friday, not Saturday. If neither one knew what they were talking about, they lost a sure sale.

Gary

I apologize for the used gun list not being kept as up to date as promised. We experienced a record volume of sales in November and December and as a result the list has not been 100% accurate. We are catching up now and I will go over the list over the next few days and get it completely current.

The used gun list is the most popular page on the entire site and several people may be interested in the same item. It could happen that when you call to confirm availability the item is sold between the time of your phone call and your arrival at the shop. So, if you see something of interest, please call us and we'll be happy to set it aside for you pending your arrival.

I will also go over with the entire staff the importance of removing a gun from the listing at the time of sale.

Thank you for your business and understanding.

Carl

Last edited:
I think you have to take into account the volume of sales going on recently - maybe it has something to do with the new Governor???

For the majority of the year, the FS Used Gun page is kept very updated - unlike most every other website. I have seldom seen a day go by without an update during the first 10 months of the year.

Chalk it up to busy gun sales - which is a good thing! But I would ALWAYS call to confirm and reserve, rather than rely on the website.

Carl - keep up the good work! You're still the number one gun shop in New England, as far as I'm concerned.

Ken

+1 --

How many dealers would actually take the time to post on here in response to a comment?

Carl, great seeing you post. I only wish I had more money to spend in your store.

BTW -- I'm enjoying the new acquisition from you on the 31st:

1911_1.jpg

I apologize for the used gun list not being kept as up to date as promised...

I will also go over with the entire staff the importance of removing a gun from the listing at the time of sale.

Thank you for your business and understanding.

Carl

Thank you for the response. If I might whinge just a bit more, I might have been interested in something else if someone had said something like, "Those are sold, but might I suggest...".

Gary

Carl your web sight and use gun page are the BEST in the business. I check it out every day and I don't think you have to apologize for anything. Great job.

Frank

MA does NOT have ANY laws that restrict what gun or WHOSE gun someone carries or uses! [IL does this, if the gun is owned by one person, NOBODY else can even shoot it!]

I have had an FFL leave me the used HS Victor that he was selling to test fire. I then brought it back later in the day to his shop and we did the paperwork for my purchase. [Clarification: This was long before Carl opened his shop, and I was a very good and long-standing customer of the FFL I am referring to here.]

When my OMC Backup safety broke, a friend loaned me one of his .380s as a carry gun until the OMC came back from the mfr.

Bad info indeed.

Last edited:
MA does NOT have ANY laws that restrict what gun or WHOSE gun someone carries or uses!

<snip>

Bad info indeed.

Yes it is, which is why I posted it here. I know that Carl checks in here. In my students case, he was looking for a smaller gun to carry concealed because he was a victim (he was stabbed and nearly died). When he called me he was understandably upset, expecially when I was the one who told him he could borrow it to try it first.

I'd like to post up another positive review for Carl and the Four Seasons shop. Bought my first firearm there last night. Didn't catch the name of the gentleman i was dealing with but he was very friendly and patient (me being a newbie and all) and helped me out with a great deal and everything i needed. He also stayed late BTW, very dedicated. Thanks Carl and the gang.

+ 1000 for Carl and Four Seasons

With out a doubt, a model for what all shops should be.

+ Infinity..

Traded and purchased a few items recently, one of which my wife - Peg - will be using. The guys are fantastic.

The only suggestion I would make is to have them answer the phone with their name? I know its one of the customer service things, but it makes the conversation a whole lot friendlier. [grin]

Thanks Carl and company!

I must be a real exception when it comes to Four Seasons. Is there some secret to getting someone to say "May I help you?" I've been there twice, looking at what they had in stock and on display and neither time did any of staff take notice of my presence.

The first time they were a bit busy when I got there. When things slowed down and I finally got someone's attention he wouldn't show me anything and didn't seem to want to talk to me at all because I did not yet have my license.

Last week I looked at all the handguns they had on display for a good ten minutes and again no notice from the staff, even though there was only 1 or 2 other customers in the store at the time. This time I just left without trying to get someones attention: It's just not worth it to me.

The first time they were a bit busy when I got there. When things slowed down and I finally got someone's attention he wouldn't show me anything and didn't seem to want to talk to me at all because I did not yet have my license.

In their defense, that's just them covering their ass...Too much liability to let an unlicensed person handle a firearm.

As for the other time, I don't know, but I'm sure if you gave it another shot, and said hi to someone, you will be quite pleased.

In their defense, that's just them covering their ass...Too much liability to let an unlicensed person handle a firearm.

What is the liability here? It's not illegal for an unlicensed person to touch an unloaded firearm in a gun shop, is it? It's illegal to sell to an unlicensed person, but that's a different story.

Gary

What is the liability here? It's not illegal for an unlicensed person to touch an unloaded firearm in a gun shop, is it? It's illegal to sell to an unlicensed person, but that's a different story.

As for the legality of it...I don't know; However, if you were a gun shop owner, would you let unlicensed people handle your firearms? Me?...Nope, sorry, but that's just me. What's the worst they could do?...Who knows.

All I'm saying is that that's obviously their policy...It was nothing personal against him, it's just store policy. Break it for one person, you might as well not have made the policy.

As for the legality of it...I don't know; However, if you were a gun shop owner, would you let unlicensed people handle your firearms? Me?...Nope, sorry, but that's just me. What's the worst they could do?...Who knows.

All I'm saying is that that's obviously their policy...It was nothing personal against him, it's just store policy. Break it for one person, you might as well not have made the policy.

Be that as it may, there are different ways to approach the situation. I'd prefer to chose the one that explains nicely that it's store policy, but that they would still be happy to talk to the potential customer and show him some of the pistols in stock even if he can't handle them. Which I think was his complaint more than the policy itself.

From my brief, but all too long, career in retail sales I learned that you can't afford to alienate customers. If you alienate enough, you'll be out of business sooner or later.

Gary

Be that as it may, there are different ways to approach the situation. I'd prefer to chose the one that explains nicely that it's store policy, but that they would still be happy to talk to the potential customer and show him some of the pistols in stock even if he can't handle them. Which I think was his complaint more than the policy itself.

From my brief, but all too long, career in retail sales I learned that you can't afford to alienate customers. If you alienate enough, you'll be out of business sooner or later.

Gary

I'm in no way defending the alleged lack of interest paid to the customer...There's no excuse for that. I was mearly trying to defend the policy, as he seemed upset about it, as well.

Let's not ruin this thread any longer...

Back
Top Bottom