• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

In their defense, that's just them covering their ass...Too much liability to let an unlicensed person handle a firearm.
Of the 5 gun shops I've been in the last week, 1 other place asked to see my license, 3 did not. The 1 place that did was very polite about it and they were quite willing to talk to me before seeing it.
As for the other time, I don't know, but I'm sure if you gave it another shot, and said hi to someone, you will be quite pleased.
Maybe I will, if I see something on their web site that I really want; but, I'm not likely to go back just to look around. To me the bare minimum of customer service is for staff to at least acknowledge or greet you; less than that says we don't want your business.

I like to look around when am at FS see what they have,new and used and if I have a question I seek some one out. Im like a kid in a candy store and there is alot of candy there.

every time i go to four seasons carl personally comes over to greet me as well as a few of the other guys...ive been doing business there for over 4 years and have never been dissapointed by their customer service...almost any gun shop ive been to before i had my license wouldnt let me handle a firearm...they would let me look at it...break it down for me...show me how it operates i just couldnt handle it...i think its a good policy to have...carl and his gang have always gone out of the way not just for me but any time ive been in there for any of his patrons to try and get them what they need...when i got my first handgun tom must have spent and hour with me trying out holsters and such to see what suited me best...i doubt ill ever have a bad thing to say about these guys!

3 cheers for 4 Seasons

Carl and his guys at FS today took good care of me with Danish 30.06 Mil-Surp for my Garand. A great price, and lights out accurate. Unlike most gun shops in Massachusetts, they make you feel at ease, while providing first rate information. Hey, excellence in customer service... what a concept!
Keep up the great work, and thanks again.
CJ

I must be a real exception when it comes to Four Seasons. Is there some secret to getting someone to say "May I help you?" I've been there twice, looking at what they had in stock and on display and neither time did any of staff take notice of my presence.

The first time they were a bit busy when I got there. When things slowed down and I finally got someone's attention he wouldn't show me anything and didn't seem to want to talk to me at all because I did not yet have my license.

Last week I looked at all the handguns they had on display for a good ten minutes and again no notice from the staff, even though there was only 1 or 2 other customers in the store at the time. This time I just left without trying to get someones attention: It's just not worth it to me.

Kevin, Sorry you had a bad experience there. I've only had trouble getting attention at lunch time when it is very busy. My guess is this was an aberation.

Regarding not showing you stuff without a permit, I was continually rebuffed before I got mine from many a shop. You had better luck than me!

There's other good shops, but I wouldn't give up on them yet...

heres another big +1 for the guys at four seasons...went in there today around lunch time and the place was mobbed...i was met with smiling faces by all the staff...got what i needed and was out in 15 minutes...talked briefly to carl and john and as always... felt right at home

keep up the good work guys!

Just came back from my first visit to FS. Excellent experience. Great guys and gal. Oh Yea, a new Sig P229R followed my home!

Just came back from my first visit to FS. Excellent experience. Great guys and gal. Oh Yea, a new Sig P229R followed my home!
Were you wearing a yellow jacket? I was up there from 2-3PM buying a WASR-10. The guy next to me was buying a Sig, Carl was waiting on him. (And I think I cut you in the "who is next line"). [smile]

EDIT: Oh yeah, and obviously the service was great, hell even the customer attitudes and interactions were great. Not that this comes as a shock.

Last edited:
No I was with my 19 yr old son and 5yr daughter. I opened the door and the people were almost stacked up to it. I don't remember seeing any gun shop that full. I thought it was my lucky day. thinking there was a big sale going on. Did get a good deal on my purchase though.

I went to FS yesterday. It was mobbed. I've never seen a gun store that busy. It seems everyone says it's busy there. When is a good time to go? I'd like to pick up my first carry weapon and probably something like an AK for fun.

Four Seasons woburn Ma

What can I say but OUTSTANDING shop carl is a great guy, if you go in the shop to buy something and come back he will normal recall your name and say hello if you walk in the door! that is when he is not packed with people which is rear!

All his staff is GREAT!! they will take as long as they need to make sure that you are happy! no matter if your a new shooter or been around the block.

The price on his stuff is very good anytime carl can give you a good deal he will do so, ammo price he can't do much with, so I don't blame any dealer for there ammo prices right now!

All is inventor moves and moves fast if your looking for something that is hard to find in Mass, carl will have it or can find it! I personally have sold some nice stuff at his shop and I make it a point to make the drive up there from Quincy when I need something or what to trade or sell something.

Anyone looking to have a nice time at a shop should take the time to go to four seaons www.fsguns.com is there website.

Four Seasons

I'll throw in another vote for Four Seasons being the best gun shop / adult toy store anywhere. Picked up a refurbished Glock 22 a while ago, came home with Bushmaster AR a few months ago, couldn't be happier with their service and prices. You may find something cheaper somewhere but I believe they will match it, and even if they didn't have that policy, they would still get my loyalty as a customer.
Craig [grin]

Another new toy

Went to store today looking for something I pretty much figured they wouldn't have because it isn't very popular, and Carl picked up the phone and ordered it right there and then, it should arrive next week. Can't beat that speed or service, the price was right, and I was in and out in no time at all. No point in even ordering anything online, FS beats the price anyway once you factor in shipping. Perhaps they are making it *too* easy for me, but that is my own burden to bear...

Went to store today looking for something I pretty much figured they wouldn't have because it isn't very popular, and Carl picked up the phone and ordered it right there and then, it should arrive next week. Can't beat that speed or service, the price was right, and I was in and out in no time at all. No point in even ordering anything online, FS beats the price anyway once you factor in shipping. Perhaps they are making it *too* easy for me, but that is my own burden to bear...

Hey I was up there from like 11-12:30ish I was trading in a G17 and picked up a M&P compact from carl, like you said you can't beat there price but I think you can't beat Carl he is the MAN!!!!

I was there at the same time getting a SW1911. I think I saw you with the M&P. Did the State Trooper check it out? Oh and I had another awsome experience at FS today. The customer service in there is outstanding.

I was there at the same time getting a SW1911. I think I saw you with the M&P. Did the State Trooper check it out? Oh and I had another awsome experience at FS today. The customer service in there is outstanding.

Yup that was me yea the statie looked at it but he was a 45 guy, soon as he saw it was a 9mm he lost interest LOL.

He looked like one of the guys that work at the state house but turned out he didn't. Nice guy wish I had the kind of money to put out he did lol spent 240 on ammo.

might be thread drift, FS is awesome by the way, to bad you guys didn't have some way of knowing that you were members of NES. Maybe sell some hats or shirts w/ the NES, I'd buy one.

Oh yeah, so I don't thread drift, FS is awesome, bought my Rock River Entry Tactical and G27 from Carl. Never had someone with such a busy place reply so quikly when you have a question. It's a bit of a ride for me but you can't beat his prices, professionalism of the help, and willing to get you what you want fast. A+++ to FS

Oh yeah, so I don't thread drift, FS is awesome, bought my Rock River Entry Tactical and G27 from Carl. Never had someone with such a busy place reply so quikly when you have a question. It's a bit of a ride for me but you can't beat his prices, professionalism of the help, and willing to get you what you want fast. A+++ to FS

Carl knows how to run a shop!!! he knows the better he is to the customers the better word of mouth he will get.

And all his staff he has working are the same way, I have got a lot of stuff from carl and sold a lot at his shop and I have found the more you go the better it gets being a customer!

I will say if your a customer looking for a person to be up your butt about buying a pistol you will not get that at FS, they are laid back but if you ask they are always willing to help!! they are never pushy like you can get at some shops.

But you have to hang out they are very busy most days and only like 4-5 people working to like 20+ customers on a Sat. and you guys know how packed that shop can get which is never a bad thing to see!!!

I don't know what I would do if carl closed his doors, well yea I know cry lol. Hey anyone see carls dog Holly?? I have not seen her the last few times I have been in there. She always knows when someone new comes in the door you always see her pop her head out to see who it is.

And all his staff he has working are the same way, I have got a lot of stuff from carl and sold a lot at his shop and I have found the more you go the better it gets being a customer!

I will say if your a customer looking for a person to be up your butt about buying a pistol you will not get that at FS, they are laid back but if you ask they are always willing to help!! they are never pushy like you can get at some shops.

Ya !! You ever deal with Tom!!!![puke]

Fred

Back
Top Bottom