• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

I have and Carl says Tom is a trusted empolyee. I have many emails saved between the 2 of us. So I just go down the street about 6 miles.

Fred

(I'm not the only one, there are other posts on this issue.)

I have and Carl says Tom is a trusted empolyee. I have many emails saved between the 2 of us. So I just go down the street about 6 miles.

Fred

(I'm not the only one, there are other posts on this issue.)

I won't have anything to do with Tom. I think he is there as the good cop, bad cop routine. The rest of them can be very nice when selling guns and then they put Tom out when it is time to buy them back. No big deal, I just won't deal with him

Carl and I have spoken about Tom on a few occasions...He is aware of many NESrs issues with Tom.

Truthfully though, as much as I can't stand the man, I just completely avoid him when there. Even if everyone else is busy and he's the only one free, I'll pass and wait until someone else frees up.

One bad apple is no reason to stop giving a friend your business.

Yes it is when I buy as many guns as I buy. I want to be treated like I know what I am doing and not as a F**K A Hole.

Fred

Well, in your case, I can see that...You probably average about 38 new guns more than I do every quarter [laugh]

Why is he still there?...I'm not really sure. Would I visit the store more often if he weren't there?...Perhaps. Will I stop giving FS my business?...Nah.

wow...never knew there was that much animosity towards the guy

dare i ask what happened?

tom used to bust my balls awhile back and every time id make a purchase that he did the paperwork for he'd say "we're selling guns to babies"

sure it pissed me off a lil as he said it every time i was in there but id never let it stop me from buying from carl

i think carl himself and the rest of his staff make up for tom's attitude 10 times over

I get along OK with Tom. He can be a bit gruff at times. On the other hand, I've never sold a gun thru a gun shop since the late 1970s/early 1980s. I buy and only sell if I really dislike the gun, otherwise it can just sit in the safe and appreciate in value.

Can't find the particulars of Fred's case... (Just gave it a halfassed try)

But if it's anything like the usual, lowballs don't make Tom a lot of friends. [shocked]

Too funny. I know Tom from way back before he worked at FS. He always seemed like a guy that would fit in as the gun store grump.

ROFL.

I have seen him but never had a run in with him myself, I usally just talk to carl if I am looking to trade a pistol in on something. And carl always takes care of people!!!

Not everyone is going to be liked, but like others have said it wouldn't stop me from going to see carl and the shop.

I always ask now and then if there are any open jobs. I would love to work there but carl always seems to never lose people, so that should tell you something.

Also he is never short customers when you walk in the shop and that is for a reason! Great guy and great shop. Like I said before if it ever closed I would really cry.

I just wish carl would open a 2nd shop south of boston a little closer my way and give Hunters trading post a run for there money, Oh wait what am I talking about they never make money at that shop LOL.

I love FS and im always willing to give them my money over most stores, since its one of the only places that as a younger guy I feel comfortable and not talked down too. Plus when one of the employees talked to my GF (who told him she doesnt have an LTC but is considering it) and brought her around and let her hold several different pistols to see what fit her smalls hands and then told her where she could go to rent one like it to try. They have a lifelong customer from me (and my lady should she ever get an LTC

This thread is interesting. I have, on at least three occasions, interacted
with Tom at length and I have enjoyed it a lot, to say the least. He does
have a sarcastic bent to his humor and if you are not able to ride that pony
I could see where you could get bent out of shape. I like him and wouldn't
hesitate dealing with him again. YMMV.

Just bought a Walther P99c from Carl the other day. Customer service was great and everyone there was very helpful & courteous. From reading all the posts here I guess i'm really lucky to live a couple of miles down the road. Honestly the only reason I went there right off was that it was the closest shop to me. Imagine the luck :)

Welcome to the forum! Your wallet won't feel so lucky! [laugh]

Four Seasons gets to be addictive. [wink]

Great place, people and deals to be had there.

I make the 50mile journey just to buy guns/ammo/etc from four seasons vs. any places down here. When I buy anything from shops down the southcoast, I feel like I'm getting screwed out of something...very sleezy feel to them. At four seasons, they will help you get what you need and won't give you the reach-around to make an extra buck.

I had an issue with Tom about a year and half ago. I complained to Carl and although he was apologetic I doubted his sincerety. In hind sight I could have been a little more reasonable, but I felt that I was a very good customer and my back was up. I boycotted the shop for about 6 months. I finally went back only because I was buying a gun from someone and he wanted to do the transfer there. When Carl saw me he immediately ran over and pulled me aside. He apologized profusely. Frankly, I was impressed. Subsequently he took very good care of me on my next transaction. I just cannot fault that kind of service. Carl is #1 with me. I just don't do business with Tom.

Carl is 4Seaons! I own many guns; most purchased from 4 seasons.
Every time I feel the uncontrollable desire to spend lots of money on a firearm, I go to 4Seasons. They have the goods, at the right price, and they also have the service (once you finally get waited on...they are busy!). Duh!

I add my vote for Four Seasons! I was there on Saturday of the tax-free weekend, and bought the S&W M&P 9mm compact with ammo and a bunch of accessories. I dealt with Dawn, who was very nice and informed. Is she part of the family?

Also, there was a guy in there whose first name was Bill (that really identifies him [grin]) who really knew about guns and helped me with great advice. I was told that he is in there a lot, and has been shooting for a long time. I asked if he worked for S&W, and he said that one of his friends did. He was very high on the M&P. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know who this guy is? I did not get a chance to thank him for all his help and advice.

Another toy

I was at FS last night. Got a newsletter in my email about 2 loaded M1As from Springfield that were in the shop, called up Carl and asked if he would consider a trade in, he said come in and he'd look at it. Did a nice 80 mile round trip from work to apt to home to FS to home to apt, but it was totally worth it. He looked at my trade, looked up values in a book, and gave me a very nice offer which I jumped on instantly. No haggling at all, which was amazing. Of course I was trading for a more expensive rifle so it wasn't a total win for me, but both the price he gave me for my trade in and the price on the M1A were excellent, I couldn't be more pleased. They even had pre-ban M1A 20 round mags.

Carl's use of technology through the website and the newsletter has definitely gotten several sales out of me, I would not have bought anything last night if not for the newsletter. And don't even get me started on the used guns page! I love it, I cruise that thing once a day to check what is up. If only they had their whole inventory on there... slobber...

Anyway, another good experience.

This thread is interesting. I have, on at least three occasions, interacted
with Tom at length and I have enjoyed it a lot, to say the least. He does
have a sarcastic bent to his humor and if you are not able to ride that pony
I could see where you could get bent out of shape. I like him and wouldn't
hesitate dealing with him again. YMMV.

+1
Tom has ALWAYS treated me well, and Four Seasons is hard to beat in customer service.

I add my vote for Four Seasons! I was there on Saturday of the tax-free weekend, and bought the S&W M&P 9mm compact with ammo and a bunch of accessories. I dealt with Dawn, who was very nice and informed. Is she part of the family?

Also, there was a guy in there whose first name was Bill (that really identifies him [grin]) who really knew about guns and helped me with great advice. I was told that he is in there a lot, and has been shooting for a long time. I asked if he worked for S&W, and he said that one of his friends did. He was very high on the M&P. I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know who this guy is? I did not get a chance to thank him for all his help and advice.

PM sent

Last edited:
My first trip to Four Seasons

Went to 4 Seasons for the first time last week.

I liked their inventory, but hated their prices. I was looking at used handguns mostly. I guess a lot of them are on consignment and Carl doesn't set those prices, but the guns I was looking at could be purchased elsewhere for $100 or more lower than the 4 season price.

Doesn't seem like any reason to drive up there with Ted and Northeast Trading not that far from my home.

I went there because of all the rave reviews 4 Seasons gets on this website. I don't think I agree.

Their used guns are on consignment. It's not Four Season's that sets that price, rather individuals. Outside of that, I would have to disagree with you about their prices on everything else. I got a really good deal on some 7.62x39 ammo that rivaled online purchases, also some cleaning kits as well.

Back
Top Bottom