• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

But if you’re upset with the shop, then you’re upset with the shop. I am really sorry to see you won’t have access to the large number of guns that flow through there.

As I said, those of you who like the place will have more selection because I won't be buying up all the neat stuff.

Gary

The used gun list has helped me jump on more than one really nice gun. I see it, call ahead to make sure its still there, and if they have it, I ask them to hold it til I can get in later that day, which they do.

While I really like Carl, and it's one of the best shops in MA, I haven't been in that shop in a couple years.

And if you know Tom you know why.

1000+.

And by the way I do not have any guns left from F.S.

And all I hear is Fred,Fred,Fred!!!

I've been GOOD.

I do not think any one has seen me buying guns for months!!![smile]

Fred

1000+.

And by the way I do not have any guns left from F.S.

And all I hear is Fred,Fred,Fred!!!

I've been GOOD.

I do not think any one has seen me buying guns for months!!![smile]

Fred

My 11 yo son just read this and his comment was:

"Yeah....right."

That's the only real complaint I hear aout FS - they're too busy, the place is a zoo, etc. I've bought stuff there and will again and I think they do a pretty good job of attending to customers considering how busy they usually are. But I can understand how they get that rep and why some people just don't want to deal with it.

Yeah, I understand about FS. I hate crowds. Like Yogi Berra said, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

Try first thing in the morning when they open if you can, or late on a Thursday night between 7:00 and 8:00.

Chris

The old, cantankerous a**h***

Many years ago when I first started shooting I inherited a K98 and bought it up there to get an idea what it was worth.
Wonder if he was the guy that offered me $100 for my mint SVW MB that I later found out was a rare German model and was offered over $1,000 for.
Certainly sounds like the description.

Many years ago when I first started shooting I inherited a K98 and bought it up there to get an idea what it was worth.
Wonder if he was the guy that offered me $100 for my mint SVW MB that I later found out was a rare German model and was offered over $1,000 for.
Certainly sounds like the description.

Yes that was HIM!!!

Fred

I know some of you have had some bad dealings with Tom. However, I have been doing business at FS for a long time and have yet to have a bad experience. Nothing but good service from good people.

I don't think I've told this story here before.

About 6 years ago my wife didn't know what to get me for Christmas, and a buddy mentioned that I looked at a Scandium Smith Revolver, but didn't want to spend the money on one.

My wife, who at the time had her LTC A, drove up to Four Seasons and Carl helped her out. She had never purchased a firearm, and didn't know much about them other than how to pull the trigger if she needed to defend herself. Carl spent about an hour with her, coached her on what to get me (I ended up with a 340PD).

The reason she hadn't purchased a firearm before was that she was afraid that the sales person would talk down to her. She was very comfortable, felt good about the purchase, and this is unheard of. . .

he told her that if I was not happy with her gift, that he would take the gun back and give 100% credit for the purchase. He offered to do the transfer for free from her to me.

He treated her so well, that for a couple years if I purchases a gun from anyone other than FS she was upset that I wasn't loyal in my "local" (he's 70 miles from home) shop.

I sent Carl a letter thanking him for the way he treated my wife, and have since purchased, I believe, 6 other guns from him.

I know some of you have had some bad dealings with Tom. However, I have been doing business at FS for a long time and have yet to have a bad experience. Nothing but good service from good people.

I, too, have had encounters with Tom in the past, and I made sure to voice my opinions to Carl about them...Yes, multiple encounters (plural). Great description of him, Mike [wink]

Now, when I have the rare opportunity to visit Four Seasons, I simply ignore Tom. On the slim chance when I am there that Tom even offers any assistance, I just politely turn him down and will wait for someone else to free up.

Tom is a rude, surly, and ignorant man with poor customer service...The remainder of the staff is always friendly and helpful. I won't let the one old prick in the shop turn me away.

Back
Top Bottom