• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

Tom is tough in the beginning. I had a bad experience with him once. Since then he has been great. I have gotten some amazing deals from Tom.One deal was so good that Carl got a little angry with Tom for giving me such a great deal!! He can be a little standoffish but I really like him now.

Tom is actually a nice guy when you get to know him. Some times he can be a little frugal on some of his offers. Tom has treated me fairly in the past and a few times he went above and beyond to help me out.

Selling a used gun to a shop is a losing proposition - and that's any shop, not just 4 Seasons. The consignment fee at Four Seasons is 18% and they don't tie up any of their cash and take no risk they will have mis-guessed the market. If you're looking to dump a used gun at the shop check out the consignment prices for similar guns, subtract 18%, and then figure the shop offer will be below that. Also, since sellers set the consignment price it does not always represent what Carl would sell the gun for if it was a shop-owned gun, which further increases the point spread.

Selling a used gun to a shop is a losing proposition - and that's any shop, not just 4 Seasons. The consignment fee at Four Seasons is 18% and they don't tie up any of their cash and take no risk they will have mis-guessed the market. If you're looking to dump a used gun at the shop check out the consignment prices for similar guns, subtract 18%, and then figure the shop offer will be below that. Also, since sellers set the consignment price it does not always represent what Carl would sell the gun for if it was a shop-owned gun, which further increases the point spread.

Very well put Rob

Always a great experience at Four Seasons, but like other's have said before - stop in during the week for the one on one service. Saturdays are a madhouse there, tho it is great to see people buying like crazy!

Most people like using jacketed ammo, unless their club prohibits it. I think they have that remanufactured bullseye brand stuff, isn't that lead?

Anyway, most of the shops I frequent carry a very limited, if any, stock of non-FMJ factory ammo. Most of the ones that do have lead are remanufactured. It's just the way things are right now. Most people who use lead buy it remanufactured or load it themselves.

Most people like using jacketed ammo, unless their club prohibits it. I think they have that remanufactured bullseye brand stuff, isn't that lead?

Anyway, most of the shops I frequent carry a very limited, if any, stock of non-FMJ factory ammo. Most of the ones that do have lead are remanufactured. It's just the way things are right now. Most people who use lead buy it remanufactured or load it themselves.

Yes, they do sell the Bullseye stuff. I shot some and I'm not sure why anyone would want to use it very often.

Four Season's is a very good shop. I got my sig there and usually buy my cleaning supplies there since i use M-7, however like people have said its usually crowded. Its not bad when your going in there knowing what you want to get, but to just browse at some of the new guns its hard.

Four Seasons is typically very busy, but it is one of, if not the best, gun shops in MA. Great customer service, very fair prices, and a wide selection. Close to 128 and easy to find, as well.

Today was my first experience with FS. Everything went fairly well. The saleman was helpful, courteous, and quickly got me through the paperwork process once he knew I wanted to buy the gun.

I have to admit, the prices are pretty darn. Got what I thought was a great deal on a used Ruger 22/45.

Today was my first experience with FS. Everything went fairly well. The saleman was helpful, courteous, and quickly got me through the paperwork process once he knew I wanted to buy the gun.

I have to admit, the prices are pretty darn. Got what I thought was a great deal on a used Ruger 22/45.

I think you were there at the same time I was. I was buying an M&P15.

I stopped at FS today and picked up some Blazer 9mm 115 Gr. for $9.99 a box of 50. I also picked up some of the Winchester .22 Wildcat on sale. Total savings of $29.00 on my ammo purchases. I was there around 3:30-4:00 and had plenty of room to browse and make my selections. As always, Carl took the time to say hello and exchange pleasantries. I've yet to experience a poor product or encounter.
Best regards.

A+ for Four Seasons

I just wanted to give the guys at Four Seasons a big thanks. I bought my first gun today and ordered another 2. After a couple hundred questions on what I should buy and them not getting annoyed with me shows they really want my business and stand out from the crowd.

Thanks to Eddy and Carl for helping me get started.[wink]

I just wanted to give the guys at Four Seasons a big thanks. I bought my first gun today and ordered another 2. After a couple hundred questions on what I should buy and them not getting annoyed with me shows they really want my business and stand out from the crowd.

Thanks to Eddy and Carl for helping me get started.[wink]

So....whaddgya buy? [smile]

So....whaddgya buy? [smile]

Well, I ordered a Seecamp and I bought a SW1911. I can't wait to shoot it.

Small problem, they had to hold it after checking with the FBI or who ever they call....

When I pick that up I'm getting a SW 642

Well, I ordered a Seecamp and I bought a SW1911. I can't wait to shoot it.

Small problem, they had to hold it after checking with the FBI or who ever they call....

When I pick that up I'm getting a SW 642

They check wth Federal people and State should not be a holded up??

It's a "Delay" response to a NICS check where something comes up that doesn't merit a straight denial (usually something like having the same name as a felon, etc)

For years I didn't have problem buying guns. Then one day I was put on hold like you. For about 5 years it happened over and over.

But after my last renewal it stopped I suspect that wasn't the reason though. The last 2 times I bought a gun it was submitted by computer not by phone. The gun store owner told me no one has ever gotten put on hold since he changed over to using the computer from calling them in.

For years I didn't have problem buying guns. Then one day I was put on hold like you. For about 5 years it happened over and over.

But after my last renewal it stopped I suspect that wasn't the reason though. The last 2 times I bought a gun it was submitted by computer not by phone. The gun store owner told me no one has ever gotten put on hold since he changed over to using the computer from calling them in.

I don't know if that was an option. I need to get my name cleared with the FBI. I hope after the first time it doesn't keep happening

NICS checks are done by phone only, I believe. MA's MIRCS system is switching over to computers though.

NICS checks are done by phone only, I believe. MA's MIRCS system is switching over to computers though.

Correct. I bought a gun at NET yesterday and my fingerprint was read electronically and cleared via MIRCS.

I've never had a NICS problem, even though I routinely write REFUSED in the SSN block. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom