Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

Correct. I bought a gun at NET yesterday and my fingerprint was read electronically and cleared via MIRCS.

I've never had a NICS problem, even though I routinely write REFUSED in the SSN block. [wink]

Fingerprint? I've never submitted a fingerprint to purchase a firearm. However I live in a free state.

I just leave the SSN block blank, so far there have been no problems.

Fingerprint? I've never submitted a fingerprint to purchase a firearm. However I live in a free state.

I just leave the SSN block blank, so far there have been no problems.

The MIRCS system uses a fingerprint to verify your identity when you purchase in MA, it's linked to the one they get when you get your license.

#1, we're wildly off topic. I will say I had another smooth transaction today buying some Blazer Aluminum 9mm at a decent price for a local shop (9.99)

#2, I've never had a problem with the fingerprint scanner, except the time my right index finger was lacerated and heavily bandaged (I needed my pin number)

The MIRCS system uses a fingerprint to verify your identity when you purchase in MA, it's linked to the one they get when you get your license.

How in the hell do you folks still live in that state? Why does MA require a fingerprint for a non-res license? I can't purchase a firearm there.

Last edited:
How in the hell do you folks still live in that state? Why does MA require a fingerprint for a non-res license? I can't purchase a firearm there.

Unfortunately, MA happens to be the best place, period, to pursue a doctoral education in any of the medical and healthcare fields. Which is why I'm here.

Forgot if it's three or five days but I believe that after a couple of days, if the NICS people don't call back and deny the transaction, then the dealer is free to transfer the firearm. I am not sure about specifics, though. Also, you might find some dealers who will refuse to transfer until they get a confirmed yes on the transfer.

Does anyone know when you have a hold on you if it runs out after so many days?[thinking]

Give Carl a call and have him call NICS back for an update... Also, check the link below. It has a table that advises when the firearm can be transferred, but the dealer is not obligated to do so. Even though the link is for the NICS E-Check, the time frames are still the same for whatever method was used for the NICS check... Hope this helps.

http://www.nicsezcheckfbi.gov/echeck/help/ENG/question29.htm

Last edited:
I've been a customer of FS since the mid 90's and most of my experiences with them have been positive. Most of my gun purchases from them were back before 10/98, so I was able to get my CZ 75B, SIG 228, Glock 27 and Colt Combat Target new-in-box. (oh, the good ol' days) I haven't been in there more than 2 or 3 times a year since then, but my safe has been pretty full for a long time now.
Carl is really a heck of a good guy, and even though I don't go down there very much anymore, when I do, he always greets me by name. He's given me some great deals over the years and never pressures you into a sale. The biggest complaint is that the place is always so busy nowadays that you need to elbow your way up to the counter just to get a good look at the handguns.
I've dealt with Tom before, when I went to trade-in a few pieces I didn't really care for anymore. Yes, he's a bit rough around the edges, but I look at him like the used car manager at a dealership, his JOB is to lowball you, either you bite or you don't. I did on some, but not on others. Like any other business, they need to turn a profit or they won't be there for long. I don't begrudge Tom for this because I want them to still be there next time I go back for something. Also like the car business, they probably make more selling a used gun than they do on new one.
One more thing about FS is that the inventory turns over fast in there, If you see it in the case and you want it, don't wait. I was in there last year while I was in the neighborhood and I saw a beautiful old K-22 Masterpiece. The price was very reasonable, but I really didn't need another .22 revolver. I left to go take care of my errands while I mulled it over. I decided that I wanted the K-22 and went back an hour later to get it and it was gone! When you snooze you lose.............

The biggest complaint is that the place is always so busy nowadays that you need to elbow your way up to the counter just to get a good look at the handguns.

FWIW the best part about FS is Thursday nights when they are open later. There is (usually) not a ton of people so you can take some time to browse,
etc.

-Mike

Four Seasons is the Best

It just can not be repeated too often, Carl and his staff at Four Seasons and the store are the absolute best.

I reside in NH and while there are plenty of shops up here and an abundance of neat firearms and firearms related items that can be legally purchased here, I still go to Four` Seasons as often as I can. I know of no other shop that is managed as well and is as sincerely helpful and follows up like Carl does.

I like having a large variety of holsters for each pistol I use and often hear from store proprietors that they will get something in within a few weeks if I do not see what I am looking for. Typically a story that does not come true. However, when Carl says he will get something in, it is always there the next time I stop off.

There will always be varying personalities whenever human beings are involved. the important thing to me is that they are always truthful and sincerely helpful at Four Seasons. Trust is worth the additional ride for me. If they are busy, I do not mind at all leaving and driving back another day because I kow it will be worth it, unlike many other shops where staff offer litttle knowledge, little helpfulness and are blatantly obvious about just wanting to get their paws into your wallet.

Carl should write a book about managing stores; or maybe he is just doing what comes natural, treating people right.

Went in for a visit today and picked-up a check for a gun sold on consignment[smile] Had to spend some of the money so I bought a nice M&P9[grin]...a holster...some trigger locks...ammo...
Where did the money go[thinking]
Great service as usual!
Mil-Dot

Went in for a visit today and picked-up a check for a gun sold on consignment[smile] Had to spend some of the money so I bought a nice M&P9[grin]...a holster...some trigger locks...ammo...
Where did the money go[thinking]
Great service as usual!
Mil-Dot

Did you consign the 1927A1?
If so, I'm the happy new owner ! [smile]

FS has great service, great selection, and pretty good prices. But if they don't do a safety 101 class for their employees I'm done shopping there. My last trip there a customer brought in two weapons to sell. He took the first out of the bag and an employee started handling it looking for a serial number turning it all around, muzzle going by multiple people - never even checked to see if it was unloaded until much later.

Meanwhile, the customer takes a carbine out of the carry bag, magazine in, action closed, safety off - and proceeds to hold it pointed at the ceiling with his finger on the trigger. Then he swings it around some as he's talking. There must have been 6 employees in there and no one said anything.

I'll spend a few extra bucks to be in a store less crowded and safer.

Bought my safe, a Savage Mark II, an out of state transfer (SKS from ClassicArms), 500 rounds of 7.62x39 and some various other supplies from them so far at various points in time. Great service, quick and painless checkout (except on Saturdays when they are packed), and always willing to help.

My only real complaint so far is that when my SKS came in, it was in the shop for a week and I wasn't called (I finally called myself to figure out what was up). The $40 transfer fee is also a bit steep as well, but hey, what can you do.

I called this AM. I was prepared to drive the hour out there but I called just after they opened and the guy on the phone was rude and told me I should probably shop somewhere else so I did. Guess he was having a bad day. I was really disappointed too after hearing all the rave reviews. [frown]

I called this AM. I was prepared to drive the hour out there but I called just after they opened and the guy on the phone was rude and told me I should probably shop somewhere else so I did. Guess he was having a bad day. I was really disappointed too after hearing all the rave reviews. [frown]

That doesn't sound like anything that the employees there would say...I'm really suprised to hear that. Do you know who you spoke to?...If you do, call and/or speak to Carl and let him know what happened, as I'm sure he'd want to know.

I don't work there, so I have no idea what happened, but you should really consider giving them FS another shot.

Back
Top Bottom