First CMP order! It's here!

From what I understand is the SA rifles are raising a bit longer as they are pulling them from crates and going through the process as they try to fill orders. Service grade specials and hra's are ready to go so ship slightly sooner.
Watching the cmp forum looks like they are right at the 90 day mark.

Sounds like I might be getting close since I ordered an HRA and they seem to be processing those faster? It also sounds like they are catching up as well.

Application Sent: Around March 12th or 13th
Received: 3/18
DBU Email 3/21
Order @ Estore N/A
Order Shipped N/A
Order Received - N/A

I'm probably just letting my impatience get my hopes up [laugh]

UPDATE on SG H&R!

Application Sent: 2/1
Received: 2/8
DBU email: 2/18
Order appeared at E-Store: 4/27
Tracking No: 4/30
Shipped: 4/30 (Priority Overnight)
Arrived: Estimated 5/1 per FedEx

Excitement meter officially pegged!

Probably a good financial move on your part. Once the CMP runs out of Garands and gets out of sales, you can probably turn a profit of 50-100% within a short time thereafter. Don't think the SKS's and VZ24's will appreciate as much.

MS

in a couple years?? i saw "$650" cmp rifles (with CMP cartouche) in pumpkin stocks selling for $900 at the concord NH gun show. There is almost 50% right there. I agree, it is a rifle we will all look back and wish we bought more..... "back in the day"

interestlingly , I ordered 2 FGs and one SG .

The SG says "will ship in 7-14 days" , The FGs are due to ship in the next 30 days.... WTf???

in a couple years?? i saw "$650" cmp rifles (with CMP cartouche) in pumpkin stocks selling for $900 at the concord NH gun show. There is almost 50% right there. I agree, it is a rifle we will all look back and wish we bought more..... "back in the day"

interestlingly , I ordered 2 FGs and one SG .

The SG says "will ship in 7-14 days" , The FGs are due to ship in the next 30 days.... WTf???
They're not finding many Springfields right now, most of the rifles they're processing are HRAs. Did you order SA or HRA?

Ordered an HRA FG on 4/1 Cant wait to see what I end up with, from the feedback on the CMP forums the FG's are coming in very nice and a lot of them are WWII era with original wood...I got an SA SG a couple of years ago when the Greek ones first showed up and it is all SA mixed SN's but in like new condition..thought I would go for something more experienced with the FG.

Over on CMP forum under ask orest and site anouncments they posted whats available and whats not.
more or less HRA are the only thing left in stock for field grade service grade service grade specials and the cmp specials

Over on CMP forum under ask orest and site anouncments they posted whats available and whats not.
more or less HRA are the only thing left in stock for field grade service grade service grade specials and the cmp specials

The speculation is that there are a ton more Springfields left, but they'd take upwards of a year to get out the door and the CMP refuses to make people wait that long.

If you ask me, an HRA Service Grade is the way to go. I'm more inclined to go field grade with Srpingfields since you stand a chance to get a WWII rifle. My logic is with the HRA's few years of production in the 50's you're not going to get any more of a historical rifle going field, so you might as well get a beautiful gun for the extra $100.

Ordered an HRA FG on 4/1 Cant wait to see what I end up with, from the feedback on the CMP forums the FG's are coming in very nice and a lot of them are WWII era with original wood...
Hate to break it to ya, but HRA's were only made post-Korea. You are almost guaranteed to get GI wood, but other than that, your reciever will have been made after 1953.

USRifleCAL30M1.com

The speculation is that there are a ton more Springfields left, but they'd take upwards of a year to get out the door and the CMP refuses to make people wait that long.

If you ask me, an HRA Service Grade is the way to go. I'm more inclined to go field grade with Srpingfields since you stand a chance to get a WWII rifle. My logic is with the HRA's few years of production in the 50's you're not going to get any more of a historical rifle going field, so you might as well get a beautiful gun for the extra $100.

i agree. i ordered both. HRA FG and SG
1. sometimes there isn't much difference
2. the FGS(i am betting) will come in original wood.

since ia m buying more than one, i can do my own hand pick!

First CMP order! The waiting begins

Hate to break it to ya, but HRA's were only made post-Korea. You are almost guaranteed to get GI wood, but other than that, your reciever will have been made after 1953.

USRifleCAL30M1.com

Dude, just sayin'... I want to buy you a beer. Love your contributions here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well, my Garand was supposed to show up today...

Checked with the office that I had arranged to hold for pick-up, and was told, "Oh, sorry - looks like there was a little glitch. Your package didn't get loaded on the plane in Memphis. Looks like it will probably be here tomorrow. Sorry...."

FedEx now officially sucks.

Well, my Garand was supposed to show up today...

Checked with the office that I had arranged to hold for pick-up, and was told, "Oh, sorry - looks like there was a little glitch. Your package didn't get loaded on the plane in Memphis. Looks like it will probably be here tomorrow. Sorry...."

FedEx now officially sucks.
FedEx does suck. UPS is much better. Did you check the serial number of your rifle on the estore? You can do a little research on your new baby before you get your hands on her.

Agreed. The HRA SG will likely have less wear and tear, and less chance of an arsenal rebuild with mixed parts. The HRA SG I have and have seen are all very very nice, with a majority of correct parts for their production. They're just beautiful, and a bargain at $650 shipped.

That being said, there is an indescribable mystique surrounding WWII M1 Garands. When you order a SA rifle there is a chance you're getting something used in battle in WWII by the greatest generation. Those rifles just feel different, like they have a different personality, even if they've been rebuilt. They have character. I love WWII serial number rifles that have been arsenal rebuilt, because I assume they saw hard service, and performed their intended job in defense of our nation.

The "lottery" of not knowing exactly what the M1 rifle will look like or have is part of the joy of M1 rifles through the CMP.

I know the IHCs should be released soon but I am lucky enough to have one already so I will be saving my cash for the next round of SA.

"The "lottery" of not knowing exactly what the M1 rifle will look like or have is part of the joy of M1 rifles through the CMP."

its been pretty well stated on cmp forums that the ihc will be released on cmp auction, not for mail order.

SG H&R finally here! Picked it up in framingham this afternoon. There was another waiting for someone else!

Scheduled arrival: Estimated 5/1 per FedEx
Actual arrival: 5/2

There was a holdup at Memphis yesterday, but it finally arrived. Birch CMP replacement stock, throat erosion of almost 2 and muzzle erosion of 1.5 - I can live with that! Manufactured 1955. Visible parts are all HRA, but I'll break it down tonight.

Pictures soon!

That being said, there is an indescribable mystique surrounding WWII M1 Garands. When you order a SA rifle there is a chance you're getting something used in battle in WWII by the greatest generation. Those rifles just feel different, like they have a different personality, even if they've been rebuilt. They have character.
QFTMFT

SG H&R finally here! Picked it up in framingham this afternoon. There was another waiting for someone else!

Scheduled arrival: Estimated 5/1 per FedEx
Actual arrival: 5/2

There was a holdup at Memphis yesterday, but it finally arrived. Birch CMP replacement stock, throat erosion of almost 2 and muzzle erosion of 1.5 - I can live with that! Manufactured 1955. Visible parts are all HRA, but I'll break it down tonight.

Pictures soon!
Aight you've had a day with her, where are the pics???

Back
Top Bottom