First CMP order! It's here!

Ok so if I read a prior thread and all CMP's web site correctly. I am good with the below?
1. Birth Certificate, copy
2. LTC, copy
3. Military ID, copy
4. GOAL Member Card, copy
5. Complete on line application/forms
6. Trip to the notary
7. Send docs, mission complete

Am I tracking correctly?

Last edited:
You are correct.
Expect delays as you will receive an email confirming your application with requirements met stating it will move to sales in the order it was received. Which is know as the DBU(Don't Bother Us) email. Wait times are listed in the 30-60 day range. That may have changed due to more and more people applying for rifles. You should also try to order some ammo from them unless you reload. Some good prices through them if available.
Good Luck.

Ok so if I read a prior thread and all CMP's web site correctly. I am good with the below?
1. Birth Certificate, copy
2. LTC, copy
3. Military ID, copy
4. GOAL Member Card, copy
5. Complete on line application/forms
6. Trip to the notary
7. Send docs, mission complete

Am I tracking correctly?

now geterdon

I had ordered ammo with my M1 and received an email that my ammo has shipped! The tracking numbers don't jive on the Fedex system yet so we will see if anything actually arrives. I was really excited to see the email but disappointed it wasn't the rifle.

I had ordered ammo with my M1 and received an email that my ammo has shipped! The tracking numbers don't jive on the Fedex system yet so we will see if anything actually arrives. I was really excited to see the email but disappointed it wasn't the rifle.

It usually ships 2-3 days after you see the tracking number. I Just received my first garand 2 days ago and still waiting on my SA garand. Fingers crossed for a ww2 era Garand.

Here's the status on my Service Grade H&R:

Application Sent: 2/1
Received: 2/8
DBU email: 2/18
Order appeared at E-Store: 4/27
Tracking No: TBD
Shipped: TBD
Arrived: TBD

Sounds like you're ahead of me! Here's my status... had a weird delay between sending packet on 1/22 and contacting them in mid-March to ask what was up... they "found" my packet and I'm waiting since... per below.

SA Service Grade M1 (1st CMP order)
Mailed: 1/22/13
Received: 2/22/13
DBU: 3/11/2013
E-store: N/A
CC: N/A
Shipped: N/A
Received: N/A
Time: TBD

Hornady .30-06 200 rds (part of 1st CMP order)

Field grade will not have "new" cmp wood. Thats still a nice looking FG

This. Though I've been introducing a number of friends to the CMP and recommending they use the "Post It" method to help get GI wood.

- - - Updated - - -

CC has been hit, so shipping date must be close!

Within the week, usually.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you're ahead of me! Here's my status... had a weird delay between sending packet on 1/22 and contacting them in mid-March to ask what was up... they "found" my packet and I'm waiting since... per below.

SA Service Grade M1 (1st CMP order)

Hornady .30-06 200 rds (part of 1st CMP order)

Mine went in the end of December. I got the rifle around March 20th and the ammo around April 1st.

This. Though I've been introducing a number of friends to the CMP and recommending they use the "Post It" method to help get GI wood.

- - - Updated - - -

Within the week, usually.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine went in the end of December. I got the rifle around March 20th and the ammo around April 1st.

What is the "post it" method? A post-it note saying you want GI wood?

What is the "post it" method? A post-it note saying you want GI wood?

Yes.

When they're picking your rifle, if there's one on the rack meeting your request and they can fulfill it without any extra effort they do it. They won't hold up the whole shipping line to make it happen though.

My last CMP pick-up this spring, I ordered a SA FG and asked for the earliest S/N with a milled trigger guard. The note was entered into my estore order, and I ended up getting a Jan '45 production.

Pics: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...al-cmp-m1-garand-springfield-field-grade.html

The worst thing that happens is you end up in the same spor if you didn't put in a note.

Sent application 2/5/13
Received 2/11/13
received notice 2/25/13 that my notorized letter had expired.
received notice 2/28/13 they had recieved my overnight express letter and it was in queue
received DBU 3/26/13
Hit the Estore today !!! 4/29/13

i went nuts and ordered 2 FG and 1 SG. ought to be a worth a happy dance when it arrives.

The order says plano CMP case on the invoice with the SG but does not say anything for the 2 FGs. curious if I will get 3 of them or only 1 case.

that is what i thought also, stay tuned. i just let go of 2 alby SKSs and 2 VZ 24s to fund this splurge

Probably a good financial move on your part. Once the CMP runs out of Garands and gets out of sales, you can probably turn a profit of 50-100% within a short time thereafter. Don't think the SKS's and VZ24's will appreciate as much.

MS

Back
Top Bottom