Finding Pre-bans

THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO STOP USING THAT SLUR
Angry Old Boomer Blank Template - Imgflip

I guess it's a good thing I'm a Gen-Xer!! [laugh]

For 6 years she has done nothing because the law is not on her side. She was happy to rest on the apparent success, a springboard to bigger things.

After the election, laws might change. At which time, there may be a valid attack vector. Until then, the law remains what it is.

But I'm still just a spectator who wishes the best of luck to anyone who might find himself in the ring.
If they make changes to the law then we get a fresh bite of the apple with the super Bruen sauce.
They aren't smart so they will likely poke the bear...

As you said, it'll all depend upon what the MA Legislators do when they get back into session. They've vowed to enact more legislation to regulate firearms so it'll be interesting to see what that entails. The overall problem I see is that suits in the court system are slow. That is the downside to trying to fix crappy legislation even if it goes against the latest SC judgements.
Federal courts are issuing TROs and injunctions - going to be hard for the 1st to ignore the inertia of opinions that are being created.
But it is the 1st and it is guns so logic and rules don't appy

Don't want to derail the thread but lets face facts. The AG wants to be governor and she doesn't want any bad publicity in the ramp up to the election. Hence why she's doing nothing about what is going on at the mill. Don't get to comfortable and take that as an admission that she knows it's a no win situation. The soon to be AG, Andrea Campbell, is an anti gun zealot and has stated so several times already. When she's put into office the folks at the mill better be ready for the legal battle that will ensue. It's not an if, it's a when. As you stated lets not just sit with Technically. There's a huge fight on the horizon and we all better be ready for it. Oh and for the record, I'm one of the FFLs at the Mill. We better be ready.
In some regards if it plays out that way it might be a good opportunity for a legal fight on the grounds of the Bruen case from SCOTUS. The anti-gun folks have be careful where they're gonna fight, some big victories have already been won and there's going to be a lot cases in various states including some cases challenging capacity limits in the pipeline in a couple states. Not selling hopium here but it's potentially not all gloom and doom for 2a in MA after Heeley wins (those last 3 words were painful to type)

There are shops that sell AR15 complete lowers then you can go on liine and purchase any style upper you want. Most will only need the flash hider removed and a muzzle brake pinned and blind welded.
This could be done for $700.00 complete gun and that is with the muzzle brake and pin and weld. Then you can spend the rest of your moneyon pre ban magazines. If you are confused contact me pm me and I will try to lead you in the correct direction I also live in Western MA
Wilbraham MA

If they make changes to the law then we get a fresh bite of the apple with the super Bruen sauce.

Yes, if they go into pant shitting hysterics mode like every big other anti state has, especially with NY/NYC.

It depends on whether or not they listen to smarter antis or not, although it would appear, optically, that theyve just thrown their whole playbook from a few years
ago into a burning dumpster.

It used to be they were risk averse WRT legal cases (like for example, when bloombergs people would get Krispy Kreme and others to punt on unlawful possession cases to try to forestall basically what happened with Bruen) but its quite obvious the more extreme elements have taken control and are often driving the ship for those idiots. That actually works out great for us because basically they blew their chances they had to be "creatively annoying" when they went full est retard out of the gate.

Do yourself a favor and one Saturday morning take a nice relaxing ride to "The Mill" in Littleton. Yes, it's a little bit of a haul for you, but you'll be happy you did.

As to price, just remember that new AR-15s technically cannot be sold in MA, so the ones in circulation will demand a premium price. Though I think $2,500 is on the high side. I've seen them running around $1,800 here on the forum. +
Well he can still buy ar10 right? And there are lot of m1a around for 1.5k

E. Honda, ESQ is getting very excited about nipplehead antis engaging in post-bruen pant shitting hysterics, and endless armflapping.

Honda-1-R1.jpg

little do they know, when he armflaps, he SLAPS. Sometimes its one big SLAP..

Other times its 100 times.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us6kcQ5Z7ZM

I can hear the legal slapping of anti gun morons from here.

It will be the loudest series of slaps since Patton slapped that guy in the tent.

I guarantee it.

If you reload, get anything that strikes your fancy. If you need to rely on factory ammo, get something in a military caliber so you don't always have to buy premium hunting ammo. I'd look at an SKS or an M1. Either a Garand or a carbine. I think military rifles make better plinkers than hunting rifles do.

I've seen some individuals with some pre ban AR's for sale and I'm sure they're great but most that I've seen are upwards of $2500 and I'd prefer a budget option under $1500.
The concept of a budget pre-ban AR doesn't exist. If someone posted a sub 1500 preban rifle in the WTS here, it would go fast. The lower alone could be resold for $1000+.

Pre-covid it wasn't tough to find pre-bans for reasonable prices if you looked at various national marketplaces. But it's a brave new world now....

This begs the question, why do you feel you need a pre-ban AR? I have many and they all hang out in the safe. The rifles that get shot, a lot, are built on 'post ban' stripped receivers.

As others have mentioned, visit the Mill, and come back a happy man. However, the one pre-ban item you will want are mags....

Last edited:
Yes, if they go into pant shitting hysterics mode like every big other anti state has, especially with NY/NYC.

It depends on whether or not they listen to smarter antis or not, although it would appear, optically, that theyve just thrown their whole playbook from a few years
ago into a burning dumpster.

It used to be they were risk averse WRT legal cases (like for example, when bloombergs people would get Krispy Kreme and others to punt on unlawful possession cases to try to forestall basically what happened with Bruen) but its quite obvious the more extreme elements have taken control and are often driving the ship for those idiots. That actually works out great for us because basically they blew their chances they had to be "creatively annoying" when they went full est retard out of the gate.

I believe NY had some of the everytown, Brady and giffords moron lawyers in to hall them construct the CCIA law. They’re crazy lawyers who really don’t grasp the 8pm act of NYSRPA and they’re not very good lawyers. Reading their legal briefs submitted in other cases, they’re sloppy and get facts wrong fairly often.

Any legislature is stupid to push gun control as a reaction to NYSRPA, they’re going to get SCOTUS to take up more cases and put most gun control laws in a wood chipper. What MA does will be determined by Healy. The legislature is lazy, they’ll just follow Healy.

I predict the Globe quoting from this thread in 5...4....3....2...........

Do yourself a favor and one Saturday morning take a nice relaxing ride to "The Mill" in Littleton. Yes, it's a little bit of a haul for you, but you'll be happy you did.

As to price, just remember that new AR-15s technically cannot be sold in MA, so the ones in circulation will demand a premium price. Though I think $2,500 is on the high side. I've seen them running around $1,800 here on the forum. +
Nope , wrong about ar-15s.

In some regards if it plays out that way it might be a good opportunity for a legal fight on the grounds of the Bruen case from SCOTUS. The anti-gun folks have be careful where they're gonna fight, some big victories have already been won and there's going to be a lot cases in various states including some cases challenging capacity limits in the pipeline in a couple states. Not selling hopium here but it's potentially not all gloom and doom for 2a in MA after Heeley wins (those last 3 words were painful to type)
Alright, who are you?

Anyone that has any idea about Bruen or posts what you just did does not have problem with "pre ban" mags or have to guess the year of a pre ban rifle.

Hi Maura.

I believe NY had some of the everytown, Brady and giffords moron lawyers in to hall them construct the CCIA law. They’re crazy lawyers who really don’t grasp the 8pm act of NYSRPA and they’re not very good lawyers. Reading their legal briefs submitted in other cases, they’re sloppy and get facts wrong fairly often.

Any legislature is stupid to push gun control as a reaction to NYSRPA, they’re going to get SCOTUS to take up more cases and put most gun control laws in a wood chipper. What MA does will be determined by Healy. The legislature is lazy, they’ll just follow Healy.
If the court is so motivated, it will accept facts presented by the state as true with no opportunity for rebuttal.

The AGs attorney lied in court in Moyer v. Lyver and claimed an FID+PTP covered a handgun in the home.

The first circuit accepted the AG's claim that the Glock manual clearly demonstrated the loaded chamber indicator was not effective (Draper v. Healy). The court accepted that as fact, refused to accept any of the arguments by plaintiff's attorney and granted summary judgment in favor of the AG - no chance to put on opposing testimony.

The lawyers are not necessarily stupid. Mis-stating a fact to just short of the point where they risk judicial sanction, can be an effective technique if the court is predisposed to favor your side. It is not about honorable behavior - in the end all the scorecard remembers is who won.

I guess that depends on your belief that the AG can change laws by news conference or not.

Hint: She can't.
Don't pay more for fake Healdog "pre-ban" AR rifles, or pay top dollar for "AW ban" AR's that can have useless ergonomic only features, unless you have a green card and can drop the coin for a full auto real "pre-ban".

Last edited:
"AW ban" AR's that can have useless ergonomic only features
I don't know. I feel like the combination of pistol grip and adjustable stock is one of the most useful features in recent development, at least as an instructor. The ability to rapidly fit a rifle to myself then my niece and back again is fantastic. The rest I could take or leave.

I don't know. I feel like the combination of pistol grip and adjustable stock is one of the most useful features in recent development, at least as an instructor. The ability to rapidly fit a rifle to myself then my niece and back again is fantastic. The rest I could take or leave.
How do you survive without a bayonet lug? [laugh]
I mean look at the stats, people are being bayoneted in the streets.

If the court is so motivated, it will accept facts presented by the state as true with no opportunity for rebuttal.

The AGs attorney lied in court in Moyer v. Lyver and claimed an FID+PTP covered a handgun in the home.

The first circuit accepted the AG's claim that the Glock manual clearly demonstrated the loaded chamber indicator was not effective (Draper v. Healy). The court accepted that as fact, refused to accept any of the arguments by plaintiff's attorney and granted summary judgment in favor of the AG - no chance to put on opposing testimony.

The lawyers are not necessarily stupid. Mis-stating a fact to just short of the point where they risk judicial sanction, can be an effective technique if the court is predisposed to favor your side. It is not about honorable behavior - in the end all the scorecard remembers is who won.

The Kolbe vs hogan AWB case from Maryland is a good example also. The 4th circuit en banc reversed the 3 judge panel and upheld the AWB and throughout the opinion said an AR was no different than a machine gun etc. the 1st circuit cited that language in the case here too, worman vs Healy

There’s a case at SCOTUS now pending cert which is nearly identical to the RI case SCOTUS decided 9-0, Caniglia vs strom last year. After SCOTUS decided Caniglia, the 2nd circuit completely ignored the ruling. As brazen as a court can get.

With guns, abortion, etc the most important thing is who appointed the judge. Roberts criticism of trump in 2016 saying theirs not such thing as a bush judge or Obama judge is a joke. We often know what the decision will be based on the judges on a panel or on SCOTUS before a brief is even submitted. The next time a democrat appointee to SCOTUS sides with the conservative political view on guns, abortion, voting, affirmative action, etc it will be the first time.

The dems filed all those lawsuits against the travel ban, etc in the northern district of California federal court because 16 of the 17 judges were Obama and Clinton judges and the 9th was 75% dem appointed judges. They chose that forum because they knew the results before filing.

Back
Top Bottom