Finding Pre-bans

If the court is so motivated, it will accept facts presented by the state as true with no opportunity for rebuttal.

The AGs attorney lied in court in Moyer v. Lyver and claimed an FID+PTP covered a handgun in the home.
So what did the other attorney do, just sit there and not call out the bullsh*t?

Might be "Fudd" lore, but it's lore that 99% of gun shops in MA are following. Hence why I mentioned the mill and you'll notice I didn't say it was a "law". Just "technically" due to the AG's BS. For a new shooter all this is semantics and overload. Want to buy an AR, go to the mill or look on the NES classifieds.

The problem here is that you should have used the word practically. As in, “from a practical perspective you can’t buy….”

She made an edict and threatened to enforce it, causing some shops to cave to her nonsense and comply.

Technically, nothing changed with respect to the legality of owning or selling brand new ARs that comply with the 1994 federal legislation.

The problem here is that you should have used the word practically. As in, “from a practical perspective you can’t buy….”

She made an edict and threatened to enforce it, causing some shops to cave to her nonsense and comply.

Technically, nothing changed with respect to the legality of owning or selling brand new ARs that comply with the 1994 federal legislation.
I realized that's that this might be what happened. Much like folks who use literally to mean figuratively.

Mea culpa, @Rockrivr1, I let my screeching inner autist out to muck up your point.

So what did the other attorney do, just sit there and not call out the bullsh*t?
The attorney could have a billboard with flashing lights and it wouldn't make a difference if the judge is predetermined to act in a certain way.
Not much a person can do if the judge says they've heard enough before you even get to speak

The attorney could have a billboard with flashing lights and it wouldn't make a difference if the judge is predetermined to act in a certain way.
Not much a person can do if the judge says they've heard enough before you even get to speak
So, you are telling me an attorney can approach a judge and say "that is not what the law says" and the judge can tell him to f*ck off and not care?

I understand on something left to interpretation, but the law regarding FID and handguns is pretty clear. I guess that bookshelf with all the lawbooks behind the judge is only for show.

So, you are telling me an attorney can approach a judge and say "that is not what the law says" and the judge can tell him to f*ck off and not care?

I understand on something left to interpretation, but the law regarding FID and handguns is pretty clear. I guess that bookshelf with all the lawbooks behind the judge is only for show.
My understanding of the event (per various members of @Comm2A on here) was that the state's council spoke, gave bad guidance, and the judge didn't give the defense space to respond: "I've heard enough."

The court is compelled to believe the state's interpretation. No need to really let the opposition speak.
It remains one of the most upside-down principles in our system. "When in doubt, find against the accused." It's like someone walked up to Blackstone and said "yo Judge, Imma let you finish, but we really need more ways to put people in cages."

There's a gun shop local to me that will have pre-bans, and he'll advertise them as such, but people around here (MO) seriously, don't know what "pre-ban" is, and don't really care, so they don't command the price that they would there. So, you'll find nice Colt Sporters for $1,200 or so. With FB and the various pages one can find, I'd think it would be fairly easy to find what you want so long as you have a competent FFL that will receive it for you.

I keep an eye out for preban stuff and have directed a lot of said items up that way.
This is what one of my friends did . He travels alot for business. Got friendly with his local FFL that will transfer legal items and hes amassed a nice collection of grand dads AR 15s . Most where in $1000-$1500 range.
Along with a good selection of mags. All shipped to his local FFL

Back
Top Bottom