Fatal Shooting in Worcester by Westborough LTC holder UPDATE: Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter! 4-7 Year Sentence with 77 Days Credit.

Setup for a felony prosecution under MA law if audio surreptitiously recorded. Also protects vendors from under TV consumer advocate stings.
These days, speech to text tech is pervasive. My remote can even control the TV, if I wanted to. Heading impaired can use their phones to listen for them and print on the screen what is said.

I wonder if such a device would be subject to that two party consent rule and if the transcription could be admissible.

That is not at all true. Both my vehicles, and many others, record the seat position of different drivers. Push a button and the seat automatically adjusts to a preset position.
In the incident he told me about, a couple claimed that wife was driving when they ran over a pedestrian.
Black box revealed that they pushed the button after running the lady over. She was 5'4" - He was 6'2". No way she was driving.
Yes, any new vehicle will record not only your seat position, but the size of the occupants. It is an NHTSA rule and has been since 2014. See the list of required data your car records in this Consumer Reports article.

But you are right, sometimes you have to laugh. Just because someone is unaware of a fact, they convince themselves it is not a fact.
Did you read where I said 'most'
Seat memory is a higher level option not found on the majority of cars.

As far as weight - that is entirely plausible since most cars have occupant sensors in at least the front passengers seat for airbag deployment and seatbelt warning.

And most people seriously underestimate how long 30 seconds of driving really is.

That was true at one time, but I’m not sure it is still true.
Have been in the market for new cars for the last few years (2018,2019,2021,2023 model years purchases)
My wife is 4'11" and I'm 5'10" so seat memory would be nice to have but it was only available in the top trims on all of the cars I looked at.
My son's new car that he just picked up has it but he grabbed the limited trim (the idea of cooled seats in the summer sold it). It also helped that the 2019 was totalled and we got what I paid for it three years and 60k miles later.

my wife didn't grow up in new england and she knows to never stop near worcester, not even for gas.

i don't have a punisher skull with the thin blue line on my f150, but i'm pretty sure the "civil rights violations" are massatwoshits politicians out of touch of reality and upset at what it means for police to do their job in a diverse, inclusive city
Didn’t say specifically that they were unjustly targeting minorities but with the typical “us vs them” mentally I’ve witnessed with many police encounters (all races), I can’t imagine anything that would further distinguish you as “them” will help.

Didn’t say specifically that they were unjustly targeting minorities but with the typical “us vs them” mentally I’ve witnessed with many police encounters (all races), I can’t imagine anything that would further distinguish you as “them” will help.
police don't get investigated for abuses against whites or asians

Worcester PD is under federal investigation for systematic civil rights violations. The whole department, not one particular unit. This is rare and a big deal. Not saying this impacts the pursuit of this case, but not saying it doesn’t.
As is just about every PD in every major City in the country with a black population.
Springfield has been for years, Boston PD had many investigations against them since the 90's.

Wasn't it ex-AG Marsha Coakley who famously said: "We don't recommend self-help" (Meaning "We don't recommend self-defense")? 🤔
Yes, but I don't think it was exactly those words.
I believe it was more like "we don't believe in people taking the law into their own hands" which was code for no self-defense with a weapon.

i suspect he is not entirely full of shit. My first thought was it probably depends on the car. A 1978 Ford Granada - No way. A 2022 Mercedes G Wagon - probably.
Correct. My 2017 Mustang GT Premium CS had auto/memory seats as well as my 2021 Highlander Limited. My 2014 RAV4 XLE did not. Usually have to order at least the limited edition.

Just a guess but liberals worship the idea of government. Their church is the state house. Their mecca is the White house. So when someone defends themselves it shows the failure of government. They can't be told that their church is a failure. Go tell a deeply religious person that there's no such thing as God. They'll lose their minds. Go tell a true believer in liberal politics that man made climate change in nonsense They'll lose their minds.

Just a guess but liberals worship the idea of government. Their church is the state house. Their mecca is the White house. So when someone defends themselves it shows the failure of government. They can't be told that their church is a failure. Go tell a deeply religious person that there's no such thing as God. They'll lose their minds. Go tell a true believer in liberal politics that man made climate change in nonsense They'll lose their minds.
Only when they have full control of the govt., in my younger days the govt. was the establishment and the Left used to chant burn it all down.
Funny how they've changed their tune since they're in charge and have filled the swamp with their foot soldiers.

Your Buddy is full of shit.

Did you read where I said 'most'
Seat memory is a higher level option not found on the majority of cars.
JFC - you guys didn't even glance at the quote copied from NHTSA.
Since 2014... it is MANDATORY that it records FRONT SEAT POSITION.
Doesn't matter if it has seat memory. Same with your seatbelt. Doesn't matter if you have automatic seatbelts.

As well as a whole host of other things that I was unaware of, like steering wheel angle etc. See post #473.

But I love this place... "Someone said something I didn't know!!" "He's full of shit!!" "He's a liar!!"
Google is a thing.

Doesn't matter if it has seat memory. Same with your seatbelt. Doesn't matter if you have automatic seatbelts.

As well as a whole host of other things that I was unaware of, like steering wheel angle etc. See post #473.

But I love this place... "Someone said something I didn't know!!" "He's full of shit!!" "He's a liar!!"
Google is a thing.
Looked up the seat position sensor
Varies from a very simple zone system to a full position sensor for memory systems.
Data is only stored if there is an accident

Learn something every day.

i hope one of you MA bros is on the jury so you can demand an autistic level of detail about seat position data in the blackbox from the state prosecutor. irritating the state into dropping the charges against the LTC holder for shooting an illegal with a criminal background might be the only chance he has

Google is a thing.
What do you know? Liar!

i hope one of you MA bros is on the jury so you can demand an autistic level of detail about seat position data in the blackbox from the state prosecutor. irritating the state into dropping the charges against the LTC holder for shooting an illegal with a criminal background might be the only chance he has
Petit juries do not get to answer questions, and the chances of an LTC holder surviving voir dire is remote.

I'm not reading thru 17 pages. Somebody summarize what happened for me plz.
-verbal altercation between two guys
-one guy is sitting in his car, the other is standing outside of it.
-window gets broken somehow by someone
-guy in car shoots other guy
FIFY

** At this time we also really don’t know what position his front seat was, either.

Back
Top Bottom