Emerging precedence - decorating your gun?

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Questions over assault weapon used by Mesa officer facing murder charge.

Link.

(Parenthesis) and bold mine.

The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office said Shaver (the deceased) was on his hands and knees when Brailsford (the officer) shot him five times inside a Mesa hotel. The gun used was a personal AR-15 assault weapon that had been approved for service use by the Mesa Police Department. However, Mesa police noted that their investigation of the shooting turned up a vulgar inscription on the rifle that doesn’t meet department policy.

“Inscripted on the officer’s gun, and I hate to use profanity, but it said, “you’re f*****,”’ Laney Sweet, Daniel Shaver’s wife said.

According to several sources, the rifle’s vulgar inscription is on the inside of the rifle’s dust cover. The inscription is only visible if the dust cover is open, which happens automatically in order to eject spent rounds while the weapon is fired.

would the criminal be any less dead if the ejection port cover didn't say anything on it at all?? I'm gonna go with YEP on this one.

is it me or is the victim's wife kinda hott?

10110259_G.jpg

FWIW, among the words of wisdom from the attorney who gave the "self-defense law in Connecticut" talk I attended awhile back, were these: Don't "decorate" your rifle. In court, anything "silly" (e.g. the Zombie Apocalypse stuff people like to do) will become "He doesn't take his responsibility as a gun owner seriously - he thinks it's a game" and anything menacing will become premeditation.

The guy ought to be able to put whatever he wants on his personal weapons, but ought to keep it out of personal service. Right or wrong, public perception does play into it, and this makes him look (at best) unprofessional.

10110259_G.jpg

Not just you. The oxytocin ("love hormone") tattoo is interesting...

The guy ought to be able to put whatever he wants on his personal weapons, but ought to keep it out of personal service. Right or wrong, public perception does play into it, and this makes him look (at best) unprofessional.

Not just you. The oxytocin ("love hormone") tattoo is interesting...

Those ears tho.......

Talk about "pistol grip ears."

Thats actually a good point, and she seems to have a little vampire thing going.

As far as putting witty things on my ejection port cover, to me it would be like bedazzling an Estwing hammer, or Elmers gluing gold and silver glitter and macaroni on my MAP gas bottle.

Id like to inscribe "smile, wait for flash" on my EDC, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I can just imagine how that would play out in court, god forbid I had to use it.

short answer - the cop was universally stupid for putting it on a service rifle.

- - - Updated - - -

She would be, had she not gotten the whatever that is tattoo on her chest and the trashy mall kiosk jewelry.

10110259_G.jpg

Id like to inscribe "smile, wait for flash" on my EDC, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I can just imagine how that would play out in court, god forbid I had to use it.

short answer - the cop was universally stupid for putting it on a service rifle.

- - - Updated - - -

She would be, had she not gotten the whatever that is tattoo on her chest and the trashy mall kiosk jewelry.

It looks to me like the chemical formula for oxytocin, A.K.A. the supposed "love" hormone. There is something a little bit trashy about her in general, that's not coming through in the pic. Not that this is a bad thing, mind.

Prosecutor trying to keep the body cam footage sealed. Offered to let the widow see it in exchange for her silence. Allegedly has or may offer a plea deal that may not even include jail time. The killer was released without bail. It also appears the "You're ****ed" etching may have had as much to do with his firing as the shooting.

Let's see how this plays out. I wouldn't be surprised if he pleas out with no jail time and the video is only released after that, and only after being sued for it. I hope I'm way off.

Also of note, the cops father was until last year apparently, a Lt in IA for the same department.

Why should the footage be up to the prosecutor? Why is that not public access? Why is the FBI and OSP allowed to screw with the LaVoy Finnicum case the way they are? All of this is BS. So sick of being lied to and treated like a retarded, meaningless piece of revenue producing flesh for the govt.

Back
Top Bottom