• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you carry more than one firearm on your person?

Guys,

I just got a very nice carry vest with lots of pockets for my extra mags,knife,cell and so on. I happen to see a local shop has to many S&W J-frame in stock and has a very good cash price on them.

So I was thinking of carrying my G26 and a SW 442 in 38+p anyone else carry more than one firearm?

Last edited:
Guys,

I just got a very nice carry vest with lots of pockets for my extra mags,knife,cell and so on. I happen to see a local shop has to many S&W J-frame in stock and has a very good cash price on them.

So I was thinking of carrying my G26 and a SW 442 in 38+p anyone else carry more than one firearm?

I carry my G23 and my SW442 at the same time sometimes. G23 on the hip, snubbie in the pocket.

overkill. IMO

Why is it over kill? Do you think there is never a chance a bad guy could get your firearm away from you? Happens to police officers more than they would like it to. And you see them carry a backup if there department will let them.

Why is it over kill? Do you think there is never a chance a bad guy could get your firearm away from you? Happens to police officers more than they would like it to. And you see them carry a backup if there department will let them.

i guess if your dealing with criminals as much as a cop it might be necessary.

thats like saying you should only wear a seatbelt if you are racing....

Yup that is my point. I keep the mind set that anything could happen and train for it. That way when it does happen your ready. I am not one of these people who carry and train once a year at the range. I am at the range every weekend I can get there which tends to be 3 times a month.

And train in my basement with airsoft which is great training and cheap on ammo. You can draw from the holster yell your commands and work on shooting targets in close like 2inch away that you can't do on most ranges.

I agree. I'm all for risk management, but seriously what are the chances of not only needing to draw down, but needing a backup? I don't fault anyone that wishes to, carry a backup, but I think the chances of needing it are slim.

Ever hear the saying train as you shall fight? Do you go on a date with only one rubber? I don't know about you I carry six! So a 2nd firearm are is just extra protection in my thinking.

I carry cell,pen,paper,folding knife,pepper spray,and flashlight and backup mag in my tool kit is that over kill? And going to order a glass breaking/seat belt cutting tool to add to it.

Last edited:
Do you go on a date with only one rubber? I don't know about you I carry six! So a 2nd firearm are is just extra protection in my thinking.

I'm married, so I neither go on dates nor carry rubbers. [wink]

Like I said I don't fault you for doing so. For me, I think it's overkill. I'll have to get by with the one firearm on my person. If TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI happens I'll keep the pistol and grab my rifle, until then I'll stick with going as light as possible.

You could be stuck in a situation where you drop or have the first gun taken away from the assailant, then your really screwed..it definitely gives the element of surprise!

plus....

dual-wielding-499x400.jpg

I'm married, so I neither go on dates nor carry rubbers. [wink]

Like I said I don't fault you for doing so. For me, I think it's overkill. I'll have to get by with the one firearm on my person. If TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI happens I'll keep the pistol and grab my rifle, until then I'll stick with going as light as possible.

Yeah when your married so many years it drys up and you stop getting it so don't need rubbers lol. J/K a little!

I usually carry a snubbie in a pocket holster, as well as my primary CCW on my hip. The way I've always looked at it, if I ever get mugged, it would be a lot less inconspicuous for me to reach into my pocket for my "wallet" then to lift my shirt and draw down on the mugger. It adds an element of suprise, and may save you valuable seconds.

Let's see. AR w/5 30 round mags, sniper rifle with 10 rounds, 1911 with 3 extra mags (8 round), 92FS w extra mag (15 round), and a shotgun for CQB, just in case. IS that overkill? Oh, wait, you meant on my person, well, I can't disclose that [smile]

I have met people who carry more than one firearm.

To my surprise newspaper delivery guys carry guns and sometimes multiples. Apparently their job is extremely dangerous as people enjoy messing with them and robbing them in the middle of the night when they make their deliveries.

Apparently quite a few of them have been shot or stabbed.

One guy told me a story of his friend who was robbed by some kids. They were young and he didn't want to shoot any of them. It was a mistake because he ended up in a close quarter physical fight at which point one of them got hold of his gun. He used his backup to shoot the kid. Supposedly that guy carries 3 guns now. (not sure how true this story is but I don't have too much of a reason to doubt it)

I agree. I'm all for risk management, but seriously what are the chances of not only needing to draw down, but needing a backup? I don't fault anyone that wishes to, carry a backup, but I think the chances of needing it are slim.

Yup, VERY slim chance you'll need that backup...

One in a million....

BUT - What if you're the one?

Better to carry one (or two) guns for 30 years and never have to draw once, than to someday need it and not have it. If carrying a gun is "life insurance", then carrying a backup is bringing along a little extra life insurance. Certainly nothing to be critical about - to each his own.

The one thing to remember is that if you do decide to carry a backup, you need to ALWAYS carry a backup, and you need to TRAIN with a backup. In that one-in-a-million event where you need it, you don't want to be reaching for something that isn't there.

Seconds do count.

I agree with USMA, is it possible that you might need two? yes, it is possible, unlikely... but possible, just like that second mag. Personally, I don't as I dont have a pocket pistol. planning on grabbing a snubbie for this purpose eventually... that and for long walks on the beach [smile]

Back
Top Bottom