Do you carry more than one firearm on your person?

Only when I go to the mall. And then I'm carrying four glocks on me. Plus a snubbie duct taped to my scrotum for that really really real concealment.

Ever hear the saying train as you shall fight? Do you go on a date with only one rubber? I don't know about you I carry six! So a 2nd firearm are is just extra protection in my thinking.

I carry cell,pen,paper,folding knife,pepper spray,and flashlight and backup mag in my tool kit is that over kill? And going to order a glass breaking/seat belt cutting tool to add to it.

Six? At my age that would be wishful thinking. [laugh]

I don't think it's overkill, but a PITA IMO. Carrying one gun can sometimes be uncomfortable enough. Add an extra mag, knife, flashlight, cell phone, cigarettes, lighter, keys, wallet and I'm pretty much on the cusp of needing a "murse" as it is. One gun is enough for me (hopefully).

All this thread can make me think of is the scene from "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" where Isaac Hayes slips on spent brass and all his guns go off.

Well, what can I tell you? Everyone is different so do what is best for you. Personally I think that it is sad enough that we need to carry a weapon with us to begin with, but hey! We do what we need to do. Yes, it is right that 2 weapon are better than one, etc. Two cars are better than one as well, but we only drive one at the time and we don’t tow our second car with our first car in case that something goes wrong with the car we are driving, right? Yeah, I know somebody will come with the famous phrase about: “Hey man don’t you ever hear about AAA?” well, I can tell those guys: “Don you ever heard about martial arts and training? Or, if you scare to loss your weapon during a fight, why don't you think that you will not loss your second weapon as well? And so forth.

Like I said, every one of us is different, so do whatever works for you, and don’t let anybody tell you different. But as an example, today here in Florida was 114F and you need to walk with the less clothing possible. Now, imagine yourself walking under 114F with 2 weapons, a flashlight, a pepper spray, a pocket knife, etc. If I need to carry all that stuff, I rather stay home. Again it is just my opinion.

Ish.

& heres another thread that i thought to myself "oh this must be a joke" when i read the thread title. nope.

I don't leave my house without looking like Il Duce from Boondock Saints:

boondock_1.jpg

Having a second gun is good idea. One reason is if you get in a gun fight, you can hand your second gun to your wife/girlfriend or friend. Another reason is your primary gun breaks or your out of ammo.

What if the bad guy grabs a hold of your gun? What are you going to do?

Having a second gun is good idea. One reason is if you get in a gun fight, you can hand your second gun to your wife/girlfriend or friend. Another reason is your primary gun breaks or your out of ammo.

What if the bad guy grabs a hold of your gun? What are you going to do?

+1, and thank you for bringing this thread back on track. I sometimes mule my xD subc. on my ankle for my GF for that very reason, instant backup, or if need be, you use this point n' click if i don't come back from dealing with a situation, as my plan would be to bring it away from her (and eventually, possibly, the kidlets in the car)

Also, I'll carry a backup if I know I'll be going somewhere/doing something that will make me more of an obvious target, bags with money symbols on it, and shit like that...

Unless of course you have a FTF on your primary gun and the BG has his front sight locked on your chest.

If the BG has his front sight locked on your chest and you have a FTF I'm guessing your dead before you can pull your back up, unless of course you routinely carry multiple firearms AND wear kevlar [rolleyes]

As I said before, feel free to do whatever you please, but remember that all of us will give our opinions, and my personal opinion is that if you are no prepare to handle yourself with just one handgun on you, obviously you are not prepare to handle two or more. By the way, about the theory of having two guns with you in case that your friend or somebody else need it, I hope that person it is well train and has his/her license, if not you can end dead or both of you in jail at the best . About the theory of run out of ammo, I will say that unless you are in the Wild Wild West or you are so unfocused that you can not hit your opponent with 2 or 3 shoots, you shouldn’t have a weapon on you. Movies and YouTube are full of stupid things done but stupid people without training at all, and I hope and I believe that every one of us here has some kind of training.

Ish.

Ever hear the saying train as you shall fight? Do you go on a date with only one rubber? I don't know about you I carry six! So a 2nd firearm are is just extra protection in my thinking.

I carry cell,pen,paper,folding knife,pepper spray,and flashlight and backup mag in my tool kit is that over kill? And going to order a glass breaking/seat belt cutting tool to add to it.

What are you Batman?

Why am I getting this picture of Isaac Hayes from "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" here?
Am I the only one?

I usually just carry one and sometimes grab a spare mag. One of my friends did a FTF FA-10 earlier this year and carried 3. I thought 3 was overkill and kinda ridiculous. lol

I knew a guy that carried 6 to the NRA banquet.

Our table game for the evening was "guess where the gun is"

Everyone was a winner!

No I just carry a quality firearm that I have confidence in and an ability to shoot it reasonably well. I stay out of areas where that would require me to have two+ guns. Secondly if I had to use a firearm and end up in court I don’t want to have to explain why I had two guns to a jury who is most likely anti-gun. That being said I still would rather be tied by 12 than carried by 6.

unless I were carrying large sums of money, own a high-profile business or on P. Diddy's security team, I wouldn't carry more than one. it seems mall ninja-ish to me.

but, i'm not going to knock anyone who does.

IF I were going to carry a 2nd gun, it would be a tiny one, like a .32 - but even then, i'd rather just carry a 2nd or even 3rd mag vs. a second gun.

shit happens..

Back
Top Bottom