Do they make these numbers up?

My S&W 1911 has a "Ma**h***" loaded chamber indicator, and frankly I think it makes the gun MORE dangerous because depending on the color of the brass in the chamber it's impossible to tell if the chamber is loaded in most light conditions. Also since you have to tilt the gun to look down into the chamber (I would assume the same would be with extractor indicators) that often leads to sloppy muzzle control.

When I teach a new shooter how to use my gun, I don't tell them about the Ma**h***, because I don't want them to use it.

-Weer'd Beard

My S&W 1911 has a "Ma**h***" loaded chamber indicator, and frankly I think it makes the gun MORE dangerous because depending on the color of the brass in the chamber it's impossible to tell if the chamber is loaded in most light conditions. Also since you have to tilt the gun to look down into the chamber (I would assume the same would be with extractor indicators) that often leads to sloppy muzzle control.

When I teach a new shooter how to use my gun, I don't tell them about the Ma**h***, because I don't want them to use it.

-Weer'd Beard

-Weer'd Beard

Cross-X said:
C-pher said:
The problem with these laws is that the avarage person with a gun. People that have one gun in the house and never really touch it.

C-pher,

Is there really such a thing as a house with only _one_ gun? :D

I wouldn't believe it, but I guess there are people with only one gun. I don't understand how they get by, but they say that it's true...

Cross-X said:
C-pher said:
The problem with these laws is that the avarage person with a gun. People that have one gun in the house and never really touch it.

C-pher,

I wouldn't believe it, but I guess there are people with only one gun. I don't understand how they get by, but they say that it's true...

Cross-X said:
C-pher said:

C-pher,

Cross-X said:
C-pher said:

C-pher,

Perhaps someone who has only had their LTC/CCW for less than 1 week?

Perhaps a retired LEO who kept his service weapon more out of sentimental value than desire for guns.

One of our now (thankfully) retired Selectmen, who served as a Special PO prior to me has told me numerous times that he has one revolver. I doubt that he's ever fired it in the 30 years that I've known him. But I know (from the guys at AAA Police Supply) that he'd drive the chief down to AAA fairly often and make like a big-shot in the store! [They weren't impressed with him.]

Cross-X said:
C-pher said:

C-pher,

Perhaps a retired LEO who kept his service weapon more out of sentimental value than desire for guns.

One of our now (thankfully) retired Selectmen, who served as a Special PO prior to me has told me numerous times that he has one revolver. I doubt that he's ever fired it in the 30 years that I've known him. But I know (from the guys at AAA Police Supply) that he'd drive the chief down to AAA fairly often and make like a big-shot in the store! [They weren't impressed with him.]

Cross-X said:
C-pher said:

C-pher,

I'll bet there are a lot of hunters who only have their hunting shotgun. I know that quite a few of the older uncles in my family just had their 'deer gun' and that was all. Now if that was that the kids had al the others or not, I don't know.

When cleaning out my mom's father's stuff, he only had his old service revolver from when he was an auxilary police officer.

I wonder how many of these "one gun" types don't even have a license anymore?

I'll bet there are a lot of hunters who only have their hunting shotgun. I know that quite a few of the older uncles in my family just had their 'deer gun' and that was all. Now if that was that the kids had al the others or not, I don't know.

When cleaning out my mom's father's stuff, he only had his old service revolver from when he was an auxilary police officer.

C-pher said:
Cross-X said:
C-pher said:

C-pher,

Now, now....we ALL started out with one gun....course them little critters have a habit of multiplying like rabbits, but there was 1 at first. [wink]

C-pher said:
Cross-X said:
C-pher said:

C-pher,

Now, now....we ALL started out with one gun....course them little critters have a habit of multiplying like rabbits, but there was 1 at first. [wink]

C-pher said:
Cross-X said:
C-pher said:

C-pher,

Back
Top Bottom