Dash Cam: Canton, OH PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Read the video description first then watch the video, it's gets out of control at the 6 minute mark.

Originally Posted By OhioLongRange:

Hello everyone. Been awhile since I've posted. I guess the good news is concealed carry seems to have gotten "normal." There just don't seem to be as many exciting issues anymore.

I am representing someone in a failure to notify case. It is an ongoing legal case, so I dont want to post too much here right now. I watched the video today, and it verified an almost unbelievable story my client told me. To make this real brief - my client was stopped. Tried to notify, but was told by one officer to shut up. Another officer came to the driver's side door, and again my client tried to notify. You can hear him in the video say "I've got . . ." before he his cut off with a profanity laced tirade, and demand for his driver's license. My clent hands the officer his license, tries to notify again while holding his CHL in his hand. The officer says "What? What are you waving around that you want me to see?" He takes it, looks at it, while my client says "I'm trying to tell you . . ." The officer asks, "do you have a gun? My guy says "Yes" and then is pushed against his vehicle while the officer takes the gun from my client's waistband holster. The total time from the officer approaching the car door to being told he has a gun was 55 seconds.

It gets worse from there. The officer tells my guy that "I should blast you right in the mouth." "I'm close to caving in your head." "You are a stupid human being." "How would you like it if I pull mine and stick it to your head." When speaking to another officer, he says "I hate these ***** with their gd permits." And, again, later tells my client "I should have taken 2 steps back, put 10 rounds in your ***, and left you lying there. I should have executed you, and I'd go home and sleep good tonight."

Internal affairs was notified. I am having a difficult time conveying the intensity involved. This was bad, really bad scene.

Sorry I can't say more right now. Be careful out there!!

Edit to add one more bit of information. My client was stopped in his motor vehicle at the time. He was in a no parking zone. This was not the result of a high speed chase or anything like that.

if the vid gets posted, ill update this post...

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me...Business as usual in Canton...Department was chock full of a**h***s 20 years ago and it looks like not much has changed. I don;t know about the rest of the state, but most PD's in NE Ohio have an almost 'mobster mentality' to them. They should be wiped from the earth...

Just read about this story this morning. Interested to see the video. Apparently the officer threatens that they should have executed the person multiple times.

The citizen tries to disclose they have a concealed weapon which they are legally required to do (I guess) and keeps getting interrupted by the officer.

Watching now.

Why does anyone think a notification requirement is a good idea?

I mean, besides the people who think that criminals will obey laws.

If I were the zookeeper, I'd immediately make two new laws:

1) Public officials including law enforcement have no presumption of privacy when representing the state; it is legal and encouraged for anyone to record video and/or audio, using any method, of any public servant in the execution of his/her duties.

2) Any recordings made by any public servant in the execution of his/her duties shall be made available to anyone. Deliberate destruction of such recordings with the intent to protect any public servant shall be considered a felony.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. It is just that this was fortunately videotaped. This goes on far too often and is not taped or recording equipment is shut down. If there is anyone who should not be in possession of a firearm it is the police officers in this video. The one with the big mouth needs to be brought up on threatening and civil rights charges and to be a banned person, I wouldn't trust him with a BB gun.
Again, this causes more of the divide between honest, good, hard working people and the police. I am just happy there were no dogs nearby and he made it home safely that night. Now, he needs to rewrite his resume to see if he could get a job at Wa-lMart.

He might do well to start setting up connections in the witness protection program, because if he continues unabaited, his options will grow fewer by the day.

That cop should be fired and charged with crimminal threatening.

But he won't be. At most, he'll get a letter in his file some "retraining."

That guy should be flipping burgers at best. Out of control is putting it mildly.

Last edited:
And this is why I don't notify unless the law requires it or I am ordered out of my car. I don't think most cops are like this. Not even in MA. But this kind of clown could ruin your whole day.

Man, it is getting worse and worse out there. The government just assumes it can do anything it wants without any consequences. These officers need to be in jail for detaining and assaulting a law abiding citizen.

I'm a big supporter of LEO's but in this case another example of police being their own worst enemies! And they wonder why many people.do not like or trust the police. Make many good officers look bad

sent from my Droid incredible using tapatalk

And this is why I don't notify unless the law requires it or I am ordered out of my car. I don't think most cops are like this. Not even in MA. But this kind of clown could ruin your whole day.

Same here. NH doesn't require notification and I don't offer up the info. The one time I do, I'd probably end up with some anti-gun asshat of a cop.

Not worth the trouble.

I'm a big supporter of LEO's but in this case another example of police being their own worst enemies! And they wonder why many people.do not like or trust the police. Make many good officers look bad

I agree with you 100% on that but I think it goes one step further. The good officers make themselves look bad by not ostricizing these asshats. The department makes itself look bad for not firing the bad cops on the spot. There would be far more trust for the police if officers like this asshat weren't allowed to continue serving as though their criminal activities had never happened.

At least the cop is going to lose his job, pension, CHL, and serve some time in prison for his actions.

Oh...what? None of those things are going to happen? Oh.

Back
Top Bottom