CT to grandfather mags...kind of

New items...

"(vi) A forward pistol grip; or"

"(C) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of 79 less than thirty inches; or"

Any detachable mag shotty...

(6) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a
100 firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (5) of this
101 subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault
102 weapon, as defined in subdivision (5) of this subsection, may be
103 rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the
104 control of the same person.

(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable
34 magazine and has at least two of the following:
35 (i) A folding or telescoping stock;
36 (ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of
37 the weapon;
38 (iii) A bayonet mount;
39 (iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate
40 a flash suppressor; and
41 (v) A grenade launcher; or
42 (B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable
43 magazine and has at least two of the following:Raised Bill No. 1076
LCO No. 4227 3 of 59
44 (i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of
45 the pistol grip;
46 (ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash
47 suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;
48 (iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles,
49 the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the
50 nontrigger hand without being burned;
51 (iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol
52 is unloaded; and
53 (v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or
54 (C) A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:
55 (i) A folding or telescoping stock;
56 (ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of
57 the weapon;
58 (iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and

The bolded statement effectively bans all ARs and a lot of other rifles, even if you ignore everything else.

Also bans any COMBINATION in your possession that could possibly create one. So basically you can't own two of anything like an AR.

I just died a little inside.

That was already in the '94 ban. It's the reason why I could never buy that Skorpion I wanted.

I'm so done with this state.

Even here in the Northeast, it's getting bad. People give me funny looks in Thompson.

I seriously feel bad for you down in Danielson, must be much worse there.

[*]If an individual with a carry permit has a pistol that they purchased prior to the effective date that accepts an LCM, they can carry the LCM in that pistol, but only loaded with 10 bullets. Moreover, under no circumstances can the LCM in such pistol extend below the pistol grip.

Oh yeah. A 17rd mag in a Glock 17 with 10rd loaded is OK, but a 17rd mag with a 2rd grip extension loaded with 10rd is prohibited.

The only time they will ever actually find anyone with a Glock 17 with 17rd loaded, is in the dead hand of another psycho that shot a bunch of people in a Gun-Free Zone with a non-compliant AR-15 and 30rd magazine loaded with >10rd. The psycho will have shot himself in the head with the round in the pipe when the sirens got close. Because there was no good guy with a gun anywhere nearby.

Were they thinking everyone would hide counting 10 rounds fired and then leap out to tackle the shooter as they changed magazines that were underloaded with 10rd?

What they have done is bungle enacting a bad idea. Fail x Fail = Fail^2

[/SARCASM] If you're going to enact a bad law, at least do it right... [/SARCASM]

The bolded statement effectively bans all ARs and a lot of other rifles, even if you ignore everything else.

Also bans any COMBINATION in your possession that could possibly create one. So basically you can't own two of anything like an AR.

That bans glocks too as the G18 is full auto. Also there is a full auto Berretta 92 as well. They could twist it to apply to the M1 carbine as the M3 is the FA variant. They could also use it to ban the M1A as it is a direct copy of the FA M14 without the FA part.

That bill is a giant ball of shit.

The part you highlighted is part of subsection B which refers to pistols. Subsection A refers to rifles. Still, I die a little too. What I don't see in this bill is language stating that I cannot have ammo shipped directly to my house from out of state. Anyone else see anything?

FYI....

Apparently this may NOT be the bill...

There is a lot going on on the CCDL Facebook page... I'll try to keep this thread updated as well.

Sorry if this isn't the bill...

M1 carbine is banned in CT.

There is no exemption for it and it meets the test of having a detachable magazine and a bayonet lug.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI....

Apparently this may NOT be the bill...

There is a lot going on on the CCDL Facebook page... I'll try to keep this thread updated as well.

Sorry if this isn't the bill...

If it is the bill, My above statement stands.

That bans glocks too as the G18 is full auto. Also there is a full auto Berretta 92 as well. They could twist it to apply to the M1 carbine as the M3 is the FA variant. They could also use it to ban the M1A as it is a direct copy of the FA M14 without the FA part.

That bill is a giant ball of shit.

Again, it doesn't ban the glock or barretta simply because there is a full auto version. If you read the language, it needs two 'evil' features, just like rifles. So, it has to be a semiauto version of a full auto pistol AND have, say, a threaded barrel. Only then does it become an "assault weapon."

Please be mindful that I do not support this bill in anyway and it should be shot down with all forms of prejudice. I am just saying don't be worked up into a frenzy by misinformation.

Solo, I think the M1 Carbine would fall under the pre-ban exemption, no?

Also, apparently, the legislators don't even have a copy of this bill yet. And they're set to vote on it tomorrow.

F*ck CT.

I'm so done with this state.

Honestly, we were planning on moving New Hampshire-ward long before this horseshit started. But now... Christ, as soon as I can get enough done for the Town of Lisbon to be willing to let me call it my permanent residence...

Solo, I think the M1 Carbine would fall under the pre-ban exemption, no?

Also, apparently, the legislators don't even have a copy of this bill yet. And they're set to vote on it tomorrow.

F*ck CT.
I searched the bill text for "carbine" and saw no mention of the M1 carbine. The specifically mention the Iver Johnson "Enforcer" model being banned but that is it.

And if they decided to reference the federal AWB for that as a list of exempted rifles/pistols well they are retards (we already knew that, I digress) because the federal AWB is no longer law so references to it mean nothing.

Here is the bill status, it was filed on the 6th of March.
Bill Status*

ETA:
Does the current CT AWB exempt the M1 Carbine? In this bill text, it repeals a whole law and replaces it with the text of the bill we are looking at.

Section 1. Section 53-202a of the general statutes is repealed and the following is substituted in lieu thereof (Effective July 1, 2013):

Last edited:
And if we Ma**h***s think our ass clown politicians will allow Conn to out do us, just wait.

I'm sure they are looking for how they can bend us over more and grab more headlines.

I'll be in Boston tomorrow, hopefully we can be heard.

Capture.JPG

What does it matter if the magazine extends beyond the grip if you still cannot load more than ten rounds. More BS about things that look scary!!

This is really "it" for Connecticut. We'll be delegated to the bottom of the pile

Imagine being transferred here for your job. You will NOT be able to bring you AR with you and will have to store it out of state, sell it, or destroy it. What a wonderful "welcome to Connecticut" greeting! No more building ARs (I've built 8 over the years). This state has had it. Wait until Colt, Stag and a handful of other companies leave here and take their revenue and workers with them!
Rome

Back
Top Bottom