CT to grandfather mags...kind of

After a brief read my conclusion: The CT bill is basically gun confiscation after you die. In the meantime, they are documenting what you own for guns and mags so that the next mass shooting they will know where everything is.

So are ARs not permitted to be purchased as of signing? What about the registration by January 1?

As of signing you cannot purchase. You have until Jan 1st to register all AW and Normal Capacity mags.

- - - Updated - - -

After a brief read my conclusion: The CT bill is basically gun confiscation after you die. In the meantime, they are documenting what you own for guns and mags so that the next mass shooting they will know where everything is.

This is where the home searches come in. "Do you have your mags? We're going to check and you better have exactly the number you registered."

Theoretically if I wanted to register an AR-15 and mags on family property even though I don't live in CT (have my non-res permit)....do we think that's possible? I don't think it's addressed in the bill. Figured I'd see what you guys think.

If you already owned them, yes. CT did not, before today, have any registration. As of yesterday no one in the CT government knows what anyone owns.

Seriously? That's chump change. Our budget deficit is already $140M. They'll just do what they did last year. Raise taxes again midway through the year retroactively.

There's more than one reason we're leaving. This is just the 2x4 that broke the camel's back.

Jack up the fees and taxes on everything firearms related too. I grew up in CT and wanted to move back one day...not anymore.

Maybe instead of a rally you should have a burial ceremony for the state and federal constitutions.

I'll not be taking part in any more rallies or letter writing since it is clear THEY DON'T WORK.

You should probably be concentrating your efforts elsewhere, like building militia before they start going door to door.

Last edited:
Maybe instead of a rally you should have a burial ceremony for the state and federal constitutions.

I'll not be taking part in any more rallies or letter writing since it clear THEY DON'T WORK.

You should probably be concentrating your efforts elsewhere, like building militia before they start going door to door.

At this point, the only (peaceful) option I see is to stop feeding the beast by removing myself, my family, my business, and all the taxes associated with these, from the state.

I agree but if we can show them one huge rally like Albany did we can at least show them we aren't going anywhere and we will not disappear. I'll be there OC and I know a lot will be bringing their ARs slung too. A milita is a good idea though. I've been looking but nothing viable out there. Are we ready to start here?

People have already started here. You just were too busy trying to attend rallies rather than meeting at friends houses and starting your own. It's up to you and your friends to create a local militia. You need people you can depend on to show up on a moments notice without question and be willing to shoot people when they get there. If you don't have that, you need to start making real friends and stop herding sheep.

A militia is not some official entity. It's friends and neighbors willing to stick up for each other up to and including killing other people.

In a compromise certain to spark controversy, sources say leaders of the state House and Senate have agreed to "grandfather" existing high-capacity ammunition magazines in a gun control package that will be released today. - Courant.com

CT to allow grandfathering as long as you register you mags (...what?). Can load it up to 30 at home, 10 outside unless you're at an approved range. I'm sure more details will follow today.

Wow. Full retard, activate.

What makes them think people will stay in this state for the long run? To grandfather the mags???

What a bunch of idiots....

- - - Updated - - -

In a compromise certain to spark controversy, sources say leaders of the state House and Senate have agreed to "grandfather" existing high-capacity ammunition magazines in a gun control package that will be released today. - Courant.com

CT to allow grandfathering as long as you register you mags (...what?). Can load it up to 30 at home, 10 outside unless you're at an approved range. I'm sure more details will follow today.

Wow. Full retard, activate.

What makes them think people will stay in this state for the long run? To grandfather the mags???

What a bunch of idiots....

Back
Top Bottom