CT to grandfather mags...kind of

well if i don't count the ones i just lost fishing this past weekend, i don't think i have any mags.

JCGF-1.gif

I can identify with this.... just the other day i was doing a mental count of how many I THOUGHT I owned vs how many i could find

I just moved. Every time I thought I had put the last mag in the the box dedicated for such purposes (not going to let the movers take those!!!) and sealed it up, I would find a couple of more stashed somewhere in the house.

sevenMMmag - "we're next...you know that right?"
Not me, my ass is leaving this hell hole forever in 16 days.
I'll be moving to AZ.

New England can pull all the stupid shit that they want after that.
The damn liberals just took over up here, the nanny state rules this place now.
Why I said what I did is because the CT gun owners were screwed for all the Sandy Hook / Gun control bullshit the CT news programs talk about each and every day. You all didn't stand a chance with the massive media blitz that is going on in CT, that's all one hears about on the CT news programs (fringe benefit of living where the killing went down). Fact is CT cares a whole lot more about the U Conn girls basketball team than they do about freedom and liberty. Truman the (Sandy Hook) hugging bulldog and the 'Sandy Hope" named baby giraffe; you gotta be kidding me?
Register my magazines, yea right. Fat damn chance.
Ya'all can make the choice to move and try to be free or you can just suck it up.

F-ck Sandy Hook, I'm sick of hearing about it!

I am thankful for the people here at NES & my Marines, but other than that everybody up here can go FOAD.

smitty

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if one of the new military features is "tactical rail systems", these really were not in use 20 years ago when they did ban1, now these battlerifles are looking really scarry with all of these evil ad ons, like lights and lasers.

Thank you Massa fo' my ten rounds, can I shine your shoes or do a little dance while you stamp a serial number on that there magazine.....oh lordy ima gonna shoot me some tahgets.

guys, calm down. as one of the commenters from High-Capacity Magazine Registry, Universal Background Checks and More: Connecticut Lawmakers Reach Deal on Tough Gun Laws | TheBlaze.com put it...

"Does these laws ba people from owning a gun? NO! so are they constitutional? YES!"

see, there's nothing wrong because it's a ban on the mag. you can still own the gun...... just load the rounds in one at a time. afterall, how many shots do you need to take down a deer. [rolleyes]

on a more serious note, i'm twisting my wifes arm so much about NH, that i think i have her signed up to look at some places in a few weekends. i can't move soon enough. F MA, and F CT.... NY too.

I just sent this to my reps and the list on CCDL. **** them, I'm done being nice.

We would like to again state that no new laws should be passed. Any new laws will result in our family, lifelong CT residents and professionals, immediately walking away from our house and moving to another state. We're sick and tired of politicians stealing our rights and our money "for the children." We have three children and they would all prefer to keep their guns and the money we earn. No one in this household will be complying with any further restrictions on gun rights. Any attempts at forced registration will be met with force in return.
If you want to do something to help children repeal our AWB and allow all adults to carry guns wherever they please. If a teacher in Newtown had been carry a gun, perhaps no children would have died.

Sincerely,

Kevin Rukstela
20 Beckwith Street
Danielson, CT

Have they elaborated on how they expect to get violent criminals to comply with the restriction?

hahahahaha.....so when you see a thug hanging on the corner with his AR/AK, he must have no more than 10 rounds in the mag...he can put 20 more in when he gets home....... Yup, that new law will work ;)

The more I think about this, the more pissed off I get.

**** you CT. **** you if you call this "courage". **** you Malloy.

sevenMMmag - "we're next...you know that right?"
Not me, my ass is leaving this hell hole forever in 16 days.
I'll be moving to AZ.

New England can pull all the stupid shit that they want after that.
The damn liberals just took over up here, the nanny state rules this place now.
Why I said what I did is because the CT gun owners were screwed for all the Sandy Hook / Gun control bullshit the CT news programs talk about each and every day. You all didn't stand a chance with the massive media blitz that is going on in CT, that's all one hears about on the CT news programs (fringe benefit of living where the killing went down). Fact is CT cares a whole lot more about the U Conn girls basketball team than they do about freedom and liberty. Truman the (Sandy Hook) hugging bulldog and the 'Sandy Hope" named baby giraffe; you gotta be kidding me?
Register my magazines, yea right. Fat damn chance.
Ya'all can make the choice to move and try to be free or you can just suck it up.

F-ck Sandy Hook, I'm sick of hearing about it!

I am thankful for the people here at NES & my Marines, but other than that everybody up here can go FOAD.

smitty

I'm also really sick of this SH bullshit just about everyday. Last night my wife said I was was insensitive because I was outraged that they were doing yet another fundraiser and referring to the "heroes of Sandy Hook"! Wtf is that? Now they suddenly become heroes because they were shot?

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do.

(Almost) 22, good job I've had since December. But I'm working to support my parents and siblings because my father is out of work (f*ck you Malloy). So I'm kind of stuck here in CT for the foreseeable future.

Looks like it's time to have a tragic boating accident.

If this is what I believe it to be, I bet Cabelas will be pulling out - no need to have a 'destination store' where you can't sell ammo to folks from out of state and no mags either. That store had a predicted draw from NY, RI, and MA when built; so much for that, the financials just won't work anymore.

As for me, I'll drop ship to ME. It's 125 miles instead of 100 - just have to buy more stuff on each trip to make it worth it.

I also hope this gets fought in court and beaten, and in the process, get's every other infringement passed along the way tossed - I can hope.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the actual bill. Was there any penalties spelled out for non-compliance with mag registration? Even the sheepiest fudd wouldn't bother with registration if there is no penalties.

I haven't seen the actual bill. Was there any penalties spelled out for non-compliance with mag registration? Even the sheepiest fudd wouldn't bother with registration if there is no penalties.

Penalties - yes. Enforcement - no. If like MA - they nail you if and when you do crime as an add-on (most of the time). If like CA, they hunt you down if known to have unregistered non-compliant firearms or if you become prohibited/expired. The key is that the government has the option to enforce and punish at whim and will.

The bill stepped back from an outright ban on large-capacity magazines containing more than 10 cartridges, such as the 30-round magazines that Lanza used. Instead, it would allow owners of large-capacity magazines to keep them if they make an official declaration by Jan. 1 of how many they own and submit to restrictions on their use. The magazines could only be loaded with 10 or fewer rounds, except in their owners' homes or at a shooting range, where they can be fully loaded.
Buying, selling, importing or transferring high-capacity magazines would be a Class D felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

Class D felony for possession of unregistered mag even if possessed before the ban.

Class D felony for possession of unregistered mag even if possessed before the ban.

Still can't figure out how they're going to register magazines. That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

If I went to them and said this is one of my pre-ban mags for registration purposes, how in the hell are they going to know if another one in my possession isn't that same mag?

Still can't figure out how they're going to register magazines. That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

If I went to them and said this is one of my pre-ban mags for registration purposes, how in the hell are they going to know if another one in my possession isn't that same mag?

They're not going to be able to, which means you're guilty and in jail until you can prove it isn't illegal.

I'm supposed to be working and instead I'm looking for a new house. If anyone knows of a 3-4 bedroom house for rent in the Rindge area please PM me.

Gunbroker just exploded due to too many decimal places being used in the prices for magazines.

Back
Top Bottom