CT to grandfather mags...kind of

It looks very VERY similar to the current California statutes. Thus, I suspect the case could be made that a bullet button modification to the weapon could be used a a giant loophole to circumvent everything but the explicit ban. Not great, but it would eliminate the whole need to meet the 2/1 "Assault Weapon" features. The bullet button was upheld in a CA court as rendering a weapon no longer an "Assualt Weapon".

I'm also really sick of this SH bullshit just about everyday. Last night my wife said I was was insensitive because I was outraged that they were doing yet another fundraiser and referring to the "heroes of Sandy Hook"! Wtf is that? Now they suddenly become heroes because they were shot?

The word "heroes" has been bastardized to mean something else now just like "common sense" when applied to gun control.

Here's a leaked "working draft"

https://word.office.live.com/wv/WordView.aspx?FBsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdownload%2Ffile_preview.php%3Fid%3D502338493158599%26time%3D1364960652%26metadata&access_token=1431173993%3AAVLxoHkjWqV6qAm7p6wSGRNesIbfE6dTCAsZExX9e8pB4w&title=2013LCO05443-R00-BIL.doc

It's ****ing horrible and I'm sure they'll make it worse. Real fun starts on page 29. It's 92 pages long BtW.

Basically every single detachable mag gun is now going to have to be registered as an assault weapon. One evil feature, which includes any type of barrel shroud. The way its described my savage bolt action stock is defined as a shroud because i can hold the gun forward of the action.

No transfers of "Assault Weapons" ever, no allowance for inheritance that I saw.

All mags registered.

M855 and all other steel core ammo is banned along with anything remotely close to "AP".

It's a giant cluster****. I think this is what a Bloomberg orgy looks like.

Please tell me someone copied that before they took it down.

i have it downloaded, whoever can figure ou thow to post it, let me know or pm me your mail and i wil send it to you

Last edited:
Yes, it says no importation of ammo into the state by non-dealers.
we need to set up a buying association, like IGA is for independant grocers, it would be a destination llocation for shooters,but not like Cabelas was, but i have in mind a dimly lit trailer filled with ammo in a commercial zone with a barb wire fence, no pretences. Smoking allowed to boot.

It's 92 pages. There's obviously a ton of shit in there that's obscene.

What's certain is the final bill will be worse, and no one will actually read it before it gets voted on.

This country is waging war on its citizens. They're disarming everyone who could potentially take a stand. Citizens can't allow this to happen. The police cannot be allowed to have weapons that the general population cannot. They will be making war on us. And they are disarming us first.

This country is waging war on its citizens. They're disarming everyone who could potentially take a stand. Citizens can't allow this to happen. The police cannot be allowed to have weapons that the general population cannot. They will be making war on us. And they are disarming us first.

And you think Police brutality is bad now, wait till we are watered down. Americans will be beaten in the streets in broad daylight, and nothing will happen to the Cops as they will have full on .Gov powers to do so to get you to comply. Just look at your local LO's now with their shaved heads, they're already .Gov issued robots.

There is only one way to stop any of this from continuing ____ you know the answer.

i think the breaking point would be confiscation, some guy would let loose when they would say back up the truck to the door.

Sorry, have to say it's wishful thinking.
Personally I don't know of anyone who would rebel like that. Boating accidents, yes. Combat against gov? Most likely no. They'd take no prisoners, with or without your truck backed up to the door.

Last edited:
Wow [sad2]

Sometimes I just want to wake up and pretend this was all just a nightmare.

This. I haven't slept well this week because of this bill.

As of right now I'm a citizen living in CT. At the end of the day, they'll make me a subject and a felon by passing this bill.

did they pull an NY move and push it though with " emergency legislation" ? if so i would hope it would be ripe for legal action keep up the fight in CT guys and gals!

i guess its time to order the gay california "not a pistol grip" grip for the ar15 build, an a2 stock for smashing heads and a flash enhancer. Just looking for a way to keep the children of CT safe.
Would it be PC to name it a Sandyhook build? [wink]

Sure would! You can re-stamp the receiver to say SH-15.[laugh]

One feature and bullet buttons not allowed.

You will not be able to own an AR period. They are banned explicitly by the bill in their entirety.
Does this mean there will be a flood of AR's for sale, if so. PM me. [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

Before everyone jumps on my ass, " lighten up Francis's"

Here's the critical section.

(B) Any of the following specified semiautomatic centerfire rifles, or copies or duplicates thereof with the capability of any such rifles, that were in production prior to or on the effective date of this section: (i) AK-47; (ii) AK-74; (iii) AKM; (iv) AKS-74U; (v) ARM; (vi) MAADI AK47; (vii) MAK90; (viii) MISR; (ix) NHM90 and NHM91; (x) Norinco 56, 56S, 84S and 86S; (xi) Poly Technologies AKS and AK47; (xii) SA 85; (xiii) SA 93; (xiv) VEPR; (xv) WASR-10; (xvi) WUM; (xvii) Rock River Arms LAR-47; (xviii) Vector Arms AK-47; (xix) AR-10; (xx) AR-15; (xxi) Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster XM15, Bushmaster ACR Rifles, Bushmaster MOE Rifles; (xxii) Colt Match Target Rifles; (xxiii) Armalite M15; (xxiv) Olympic Arms AR-15, A1, CAR, PCR, K3B, K30R, K16, K48, K8 and K9 Rifles; (xxv) DPMS Tactical Rifles; (xxvi) Smith and Wesson M&P15 Rifles; (xxvii) Rock River Arms LAR-15; (xxviii) Doublestar AR Rifles; (xxix) Barrett REC7; (xxx) Beretta Storm; (xxxi) Calico Liberty 50, 50 Tactical, 100, 100 Tactical, I, I Tactical, II and II Tactical Rifles; (xxxii) Hi-Point Carbine Rifles; (xxxiii) HK-PSG-1; (xxxiv) Kel-Tec Sub-2000, SU Rifles, and RFB; (xxxv) Remington Tactical Rifle Model 7615; (xxxvi) SAR-8, SAR-4800 and SR9; (xxxvii) SLG 95; (xxxviii) SLR 95 or 96; (xxxix) TNW M230 and M2HB; (xl) Vector Arms UZI; (xli) Galil and Galil Sporter; (xlii) Daewoo AR 100 and AR 110C; (xliii) Fabrique Nationale/FN 308 Match and L1A1 Sporter; (xliv) HK USC; (xlv) IZHMASH Saiga AK; (xlvi) SIG Sauer 551-A1, 556, 516, 716 and M400 Rifles; (xlvii) Valmet M62S, M71S and M78S; (xlviii) Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine; and (xlix) Barrett M107A1;

In addition to the existing.

Here's the definition of detachable mag:

(4) "Detachable magazine" means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed without disassembling the firearm action;

You'll note this will include a lot of bolt action rifles in the definition.

So a bolt action rifle with a base plate that can be unscrewed, that has a thumbhole stock, is now going to be an AW.

Back
Top Bottom