CT to grandfather mags...kind of

More shit:

(2) Any person who lawfully possesses an assault weapon, as defined in any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (F), inclusive, of subdivision (1) of section 53-202a, as amended by this act, on the date immediately preceding the effective date of this section, under the provisions of sections 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, in effect on January 1, 2013, shall apply by January 1, 2014, or, if such person is a member of the military or naval forces of this state or of the United States and is unable to apply by January 1, 2014, because such member is or was on official duty outside of this state, shall apply within ninety days of returning to the state to the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection for a certificate of possession with respect to such assault weapon.

(3) Any person who obtained a certificate of possession for an assault weapon, as defined in subparagraph (A) of subdivision (1) of section 53-202a, as amended by this act, prior to the effective date of this section, that is defined as an assault weapon pursuant to any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (F), inclusive, of subdivision (1) of section 53-202a, as amended by this act, shall be deemed to have obtained a certificate of possession for such assault weapon for the purposes of sections 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, as amended by this act, and shall not be required to obtain a subsequent certificate of possession for such assault weapon.

(4) The certificate of possession shall contain a description of the firearm that identifies it uniquely, including all identification marks, the full name, address, date of birth and thumbprint of the owner, and any other information as the department may deem appropriate.

(5) The department shall adopt regulations, in accordance with the provisions of chapter 54, to establish procedures with respect to the application for and issuance of certificates of possession pursuant to this section. Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 1-210 and 1-211, the name and address of a person issued a certificate of possession shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed, except such records may be disclosed to [(1)] (A) law enforcement agencies and employees of the United States Probation Office acting in the performance of their duties, and [(2)] (B) the Commissioner of Mental Health and Addiction Services to carry out the provisions of subsection (c) of section 17a-500, as amended by this act.

(b) (1) No assault weapon, as defined in subparagraph (A) of subdivision (1) of section 53-202a, as amended by this act, possessed pursuant to a certificate of possession issued under this section may be sold or transferred on or after January 1, 1994, to any person within this state other than to a licensed gun dealer, as defined in subsection (d) of section 53-202f, as amended by this act, or as provided in section 53-202e, or by bequest or intestate succession.

(2) No assault weapon, as defined in any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (F), inclusive, of subdivision (1) of section 53-202a, as amended by this act, possessed pursuant to a certificate of possession issued under this section may be sold or transferred on or after the effective date of this section, to any person within this state other than to a licensed gun dealer, as defined in subsection (d) of section 53-202f, as amended by this act, or as provided in section 53-202e, or by bequest or intestate succession.

That part about info they deem appropriate mean if they want you to submit DNA with each registration, you'll have to do it. It leaves the door open for them to write whatever stupid requirements they want. 10 letters of approval? Insurance? Doctors note of mental health?

It's door wide open for further abuse.

One feature and bullet buttons not allowed.

You will not be able to own an AR period. They are banned explicitly by the bill in their entirety.
the one feature will be a detachable magazine, no pistol grip, no threaded/flashhider, no collapsible stock, greater than 30 " oal. how will my FMK receivered AR15 be an assault weapon?

the one feature will be a detachable magazine, no pistol grip, no threaded/flashhider, no collapsible stock, greater than 30 " oal. how will my FMK receivered AR15 be an assault weapon?

From my post #207:

(B) Any of the following specified semiautomatic centerfire rifles, or copies or duplicates thereof with the capability of any such rifles, that were in production prior to or on the effective date of this section: (i) AK-47; (ii) AK-74; (iii) AKM; (iv) AKS-74U; (v) ARM; (vi) MAADI AK47; (vii) MAK90; (viii) MISR; (ix) NHM90 and NHM91; (x) Norinco 56, 56S, 84S and 86S; (xi) Poly Technologies AKS and AK47; (xii) SA 85; (xiii) SA 93; (xiv) VEPR; (xv) WASR-10; (xvi) WUM; (xvii) Rock River Arms LAR-47; (xviii) Vector Arms AK-47; (xix) AR-10; (xx) AR-15; (xxi) Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster XM15, Bushmaster ACR Rifles, Bushmaster MOE Rifles; (xxii) Colt Match Target Rifles; (xxiii) Armalite M15; (xxiv) Olympic Arms AR-15, A1, CAR, PCR, K3B, K30R, K16, K48, K8 and K9 Rifles; (xxv) DPMS Tactical Rifles; (xxvi) Smith and Wesson M&P15 Rifles; (xxvii) Rock River Arms LAR-15; (xxviii) Doublestar AR Rifles; (xxix) Barrett REC7; (xxx) Beretta Storm; (xxxi) Calico Liberty 50, 50 Tactical, 100, 100 Tactical, I, I Tactical, II and II Tactical Rifles; (xxxii) Hi-Point Carbine Rifles; (xxxiii) HK-PSG-1; (xxxiv) Kel-Tec Sub-2000, SU Rifles, and RFB; (xxxv) Remington Tactical Rifle Model 7615; (xxxvi) SAR-8, SAR-4800 and SR9; (xxxvii) SLG 95; (xxxviii) SLR 95 or 96; (xxxix) TNW M230 and M2HB; (xl) Vector Arms UZI; (xli) Galil and Galil Sporter; (xlii) Daewoo AR 100 and AR 110C; (xliii) Fabrique Nationale/FN 308 Match and L1A1 Sporter; (xliv) HK USC; (xlv) IZHMASH Saiga AK; (xlvi) SIG Sauer 551-A1, 556, 516, 716 and M400 Rifles; (xlvii) Valmet M62S, M71S and M78S; (xlviii) Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine; and (xlix) Barrett M107A1;

This make all AR lowers illegal because they are copies.

That is how it will be interpreted. You will be a felon.

From my post #207:

This make all AR lowers illegal because they are copies.

That is how it will be interpreted. You will be a felon.

Duplicate or copy, mine is not. it is polymer, like a latex Mona Lisa is a similar painting but not a duplicate or copy. I'll be a felon when I shoot the dumb **** that prosecutes me for it.

Latest is senate will try to vote by 4pm. No word on house. I think they're hoping some of the progun people will leave by then. The capital building is packed and they are going to try and wait people out so they can vote in the dark of night.

A video from inside the capitol for those of you with FB:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4359371992585&set=o.63321754119&type=2&theater

What they're trying is an outrage!! Gun owners and libertarians in New England are appalled and stand with you folks! [angry]

Latest is senate will try to vote by 4pm. No word on house. I think they're hoping some of the progun people will leave by then. The capital building is packed and they are going to try and wait people out so they can vote in the dark of night.

A video from inside the capitol for those of you with FB:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4359371992585&set=o.63321754119&type=2&theater

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Return home

Just met with the minority leader Larry Cafero (gop). He was upset that nra is saying he is a sellout. Had a meeting in which he said that despite the rumors what the Democrats wanted and what the bill is are 2 different things. He said if he said f u and didnt negotiate and stood on principle we would have been ****ed as they are out numbered 2 to 1 and the dems didnt really need them to pass this shit. Got a pic to prove it (with my 2012 New England regional IDPA championship shirt!) Over all very satisfied with the Republicans effort.

Sent using my all knowing google phone

Just met with the minority leader Larry Cafero (gop). He was upset that nra is saying he is a sellout. Had a meeting in which he said that despite the rumors what the Democrats wanted and what the bill is are 2 different things. He said if he said f u and didnt negotiate and stood on principle we would have been ****ed as they are out numbered 2 to 1 and the dems didnt really need them to pass this shit. Got a pic to prove it (with my 2012 New England regional IDPA championship shirt!) Over all very satisfied with the Republicans effort.

You approve of "your" party applying the lube so it doesn't hurt so bad? Did you ever consider that by lessening whatever it is they're trying to pass, and being "bypartisan" it will lessen the opposition to it, and also make it harder to challenge it in court?

You approve of "your" party applying the lube so it doesn't hurt so bad? Did you ever consider that by lessening whatever it is they're trying to pass, and being "bypartisan" it will lessen the opposition to it, and also make it harder to challenge it in court?

This. He is a traitor.

So according to what's been posted an armor piercing round refers to all 50 caliber ammo. Some hunters are gonna be pissed. I also see my M and P 15 has been added to the list of named weapons. I'm so damned sick of this.

So according to what's been posted an armor piercing round refers to all 50 caliber ammo. Some hunters are gonna be pissed. I also see my M and P 15 has been added to the list of named weapons. I'm so damned sick of this.

And all other calibers where a jacket exceeds 25% of the weight. This would I believe make all copper ammo now qualified as AP ammo.

Thats speculative. What is certain is that if the Democrats got what they wanted youd be a good decade waiting for your trail without your guns...as it sits you can keep your AR with your 30 rounds for home defense...the dems wanted confiscation

Thats speculative. What is certain is that if the Democrats got what they wanted youd be a good decade waiting for your trail without your guns...as it sits you can keep your AR with your 30 rounds for home defense...the dems wanted confiscation

This bill is the same thing as confiscation. To think any different is to be in denial of reality.

Because now none of our children will be able to own them.

It's the same thing. You're only thinking about yourself, not about everyone else.

Even taking into account handing them down, what if you have two kids and one rifle? Now you have to choose which one of your kids gets to defend their lives?

If you don't see this for what it really is, you're blind to the goal of the bill. It completely disarms every generation after you.

It is confiscation by intimidation and attrition.

The whore bag talking right now (a Republican in favor of the bill I might add) just said they don't support armed teachers or gaurd in schools because the danger of collateral damage is too high.

ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS???

Back
Top Bottom